This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2014-05-01 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes
Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting ID: 482-299-629
Date: 2014-05-01
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
Woody Beeler, interim Vocabulary liaison
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, CIHI
x Matt Graham, Mobile Health liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
regrets John Quinn, CTO
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
x Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2014-04-17 Tooling Call
  • Review action items -
    • Andy will reach out to Rob Snelick to check on sourceforge as the MWB code repository platform.
    • Andy (and Dennis) will follow up with Diego on the Education project;
    • Andy will monitor the FMG registry project
    • Andy and Woody will work on loading MIF metadata to HingX
  • Update on projects
  • Discussion on Tooling and Electronic Services WG participation and coordination
  • Other/New Business

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convened at 2:04 PM

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review; add approval of WGM slide rotation
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2014-04-17 Tooling Call no quorum 4/17, Matt moves and Michael seconds approval of 2014-04-10 Tooling Call; unanimously approved.
  • Review action items -
    • Andy will reach out to Rob Snelick to check on sourceforge as the MWB code repository platform. He has not received anything back yet.
    • Andy (and Dennis) will follow up with Diego on the Education project; still to-do, discuss at first meeting after WGM
    • Andy will monitor the FMG registry project - no update
    • Andy and Woody will work on loading MIF metadata to HingX - no update
  • Update on projects
    • PI# 831 EHR-S FM Profiling Tool
      • report on Deliverables 7 & 8
      • MU FP eap developed and documentation deliverable as well as extension msi file
      • validation rules for FP updated
      • Michael moves acceptance of the deliverables, and Matt seconds. Unanimously approved.
      • Michael adds the development is ongoing
  • Discussion on Tooling and Electronic Services WG participation and coordination
    • There is a possibility for a merger of the two WGs. Andy describes the commonality. Andy discussed with Lorraine C and Ken M (cochairs of ES) as well as on the TSC Leadership call. Andy is to socialize with Tooling cochairs and Lorraine with the other ES cochairs.
    • One question on the combined cochairs would probably retain 5 cochairs due to variety of activities. Scheduling chairing for meetings becomes easier. ES meets every other week while tooling meets every week.
    • Michael asks if Lynn would scribe - she would have to verify with Karen. HQ is in favor of the merger.
    • How would the combined mission look? ES is traditionally concerned with the web site or the wiki. Michael thinks Tooling is looking at development in tooling and ES is more about maintenance of the web site. Andy clarifies the maintenance role that Tooling also holds.
    • Dennis asks about how the project responsibility would work; would tooling maintain responsibility for their projects and ES for theirs? The project facilitators would not change, co-sponsorships might change notes Andy.
    • Matt notes that both groups are involved with processes of providing services to HL7 customers; the focus is becoming more blurred. Coordinating agendas might be easier and fewer calls per week. Andy notes that there are cochairs in AUS, EU, and North America so scheduling is a problem. Michael suggests an alternating schedule, but Andy cautions that it has not worked well for other WGs.
    • Wilfred voices concerns about executing projects. He fears with splitting focus, issues on the website will jeopardize progress on Tooling projects and Tooling projects would lose priority.
    • Andy notes that the combination would provide backstop and assistance for each group, with ES struggling to find a new meeting time and Tooling needing an interim cochair for Phoenix. Both groups can lack quorum without a cochair present on a call.
    • Wilfred asks if there is a timeline for the merger; Andy notes that this is the first time this is addressed by the Tooling WG.
    • Michael notes that with FHIR the work groups and governance are structured very differently and Tooling also coordinates with publishing, marketing etc. It would be nice if the other WGs could have one entry point for these resources.
    • Matt suggests you look at 'what are you trying to provide to HL7 and the membership'. These are services for development and support, development of infrastructure for operational behavior and support services for operational behavior. Operational support group is its primary function, with guidance and help with development efforts and coordination of efforts (coming from Tooling).
    • Andy notes that volunteer development of tools in Tooling WG's historical reference is not as prevalent today. You also risk loss of support of a tool as with Pete and the MWB if done on a volunteer basis.
    • Matt asks about how many software developers we have on the Tooling group now.
    • Andy notes that ES development is done almost exclusively by HQ staff or contracted developers, not volunteers.
  • WGM slide show: Michael suggests a slide of all the tools that we have. Andy suggests "tools that we monitor and support include:". RMIM designer, Rosetree, bluebutton to ccd, EHR-S FM profiler, MIF tools. Michael will make a draft for consideration at the next WGM.
    • MAX project will likely get closed off and a new project created with the changed scope.
    • Tooling challenge deadline today and we have three entries with intent to participate.
  • next call May 22nd

Adjourned 3:03PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.