This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20131106 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-11-06
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern DAYLIGHT Time
Chair: Hugh Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x Josh Mandel x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x David Hay x John Moehrke x Austin Kreisler
x Paul Knapp x Brian Pech
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20131030_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • John M will write up some rules on connectathon versus showcase.
      • Lloyd will email Rene on the discussion, and review again on next week's call
  • Discussion
    • Need to revisit Aegis and our plans
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Need to combine criteria at FHIR Connectathons with distinction of connectathon versus hackathon and come up with process.
    • FGB
      • Status of TSC discussion of governance/management relationships deferred to ArB BAM development
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Process management
    • Need to set QA process prior to publishing
    • Ballot Planning
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Convened at 1:04 PM

  • Agenda Check: David moves and Josh seconds approval of agenda; unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20131030_FMG_concall David moves and John M seconds approval; Lorraine abstains, approved 5/0/1
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • John M will write up some rules on connectathon versus showcase. Not done converting the list to prose yet.
      • Lloyd will email Rene on the discussion, and review again on next week's call - we voted last week to endorse their connectathon and emailed Rene to let him know. done
  • Discussion (Ron joins)
    • FGB would like to change the way FMG reports to them;
      • Status of TSC discussion of governance/management relationships (deferred to ArB BAM development)
      • currently FGB is ex officio member (with vote) of FMG and would have to take responsibility for representing FMG position on FGB as chair. Proposed that there be a voting member of FGB from FMG e.g. one of the FMG co-chairs. FMG may choose to change FGB chair ex officio membership without vote. FMG chair ex officio position on FGB would only hold one vote even if both cochairs attend. Suggestion also raised to make CTO ex officio without vote to eliminate expectation of attendance toward quorum.
      • Lorraine notes the shared vote element by ArB in TSC works well. Burden of attendance shared between cochairs. Ron has been unavailable to attend FMG frequently due to day job conflicts on the reverse side of communication. Hugh suggests Ron might entertain representation on the FMG call during the FGB call, and ensure someone attends.
      • Lorraine notes that this brings all three core team members on FGB. Ron agrees we need to expand the perspective beyond the 'standing up' of FHIR and look to other viewpoints. Paul notes we need to reduce burden on core team as well.
      • Reporting relationship with FGB and FMG both children of TSC. Austin has asked Ron to update the RACI chart we had at the beginning.
      • Lorraine notes that the current M&C doesn't specify vote or not for FGB chair, but FMG charter probably doesn’t need to change as much as the FGB charter.
    • Need to revisit Aegis and our plans
      • FMG had presentation from Aegis on 2013-10-16 and we said we would get back to him after discussion. Josh has concerns about associating exclusively with one such group. Austin notes that the Board has a separate effort going about this and it might be inappropriate for them to reach out directly into the Working Group. Paul agrees that this has to be fielded by HQ and the Board first to see if HL7 is getting into this line of service. Lorraine adds that metrics on servers maintained now would have service calls going to their system first. Lloyd says if FHIR has an interest they should define it and pass it on to Chuck Jaffe and John Quinn, or if not, tell Aegis they must work with the BOD.
      • FMG need for some metrics and measurement might be communicated to FGB instead of evaluating a specific vendor. We might just thank Aegis for their presentation and let them know we'll pass it on to the BOD.
      • ACTION ITEM: Paul will draft something on testing/certification needs, review on the FHIR list and have something for next week.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Need to combine criteria at FHIR Connectathons with distinction of connectathon versus hackathon and come up with process.
      • Lloyd was supposed to draft scenarios; assisted by David. Add to Action item list.
    • MnM – mass vote over 250 ballot items on their call today.
    • FMG Liaisons – Lorraine reports OO will be doing a bulk vote soon as well.
  • Process management
    • Need to set QA process prior to publishing
    • Ballot Planning -
      • Paul asks if reviewing items has resulted in substantive change? Lloyd reports changes were sent out and full summary will be sent after reconciliation with request to (all) voters. Paul further asks if we need a final check for FMG/FGB? There will be two weeks for review after sending out the notice of reconciliations to balloters. There will essentially be a peer review of the reconciliation.
      • When are we anticipating changes complete and updates to content done, asks Hugh. Lloyd hasn't got a date set though have committed to publishing in January. Reconciliation done is one date, changes applied is another… and they have not passed by the numbers yet. May need to flesh this out next week though Lloyd thinks reconciliation may be complete by end of month and changes applied by end of year.
    • Lorraine asks what the date for freeze for January connectathon would be to accommodate making changes. Lloyd notes we need to identify those resources to be exercised in connectathon and ensure they are done first, say in the first week of November. Lorraine is concerned about OO's part. General patient scenario not a big affect on OO, but observation in a document scenario would be; especially a devices track.
    • ACTION ITEM: Liaisons float these tentative dates back to their groups for planning and escalate issues.

Adjourned 2:02 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Paul will draft something on testing/certification needs (e.g. Aegis), review on the FHIR list and have something for next week.
  • Lloyd to draft Connectathon scenarios; assisted by David
  • Liaisons float these tentative dates back to their groups for planning and escalate issues.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International