This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20131030 US Realm TF Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
US Realm Task Force Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/414809453

Date: 2013-10-30
Time: 5 pm Eastern Time
Facilitator Austin Note taker(s) Lynn
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Woody Beeler
x Joe Bormel
Keith Boone
regrets Lorraine Constable
Robert Dieterle
x John Feikema
Marc Hadley
regrets Tony Julian
x Kensaku Kawamoto
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
x Lynn Laakso
regrets Ken McCaslin
regrets John Quinn
x Michael Wittie
Pat Van Dyke
no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Administrivia
    • Agenda review
    • Action Items
      • PSS on Standards 101 for ONC Contractors (Keith - after 11/13)
    • Review notes from 20131023_US_Realm_TF_Call
  • Inventory of note:
    • eDOS
    • LOI
    • ELR and C-CDA - source of truth for vocabulary
    • Event Publish & Subscribe Service Interface Specification Project for SOA of FTSD cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1051 and TSC Tracker 2783
    • Unified Communication Service Interface Specification Project for SOA of FTSD cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1052 and TSC Tracker 2784
  • Review of any outstanding issues
    • Clarify what realm recent CDS PSS's are intended (universal vs. US).
    • Multiple US Realm ballots are trying to resolve questions regarding source of truth for value sets (and coming up with different answers)
    • Definitive regulation reference deadline date for November
    • Formation of TSC Task Force for Universal Device Identifiers (UDI)

Minutes

Convened 5:04 PM

  • Agenda review - accepted by general consent
  • Action Items
    • PSS on Standards 101 for ONC Contractors (Keith - after 11/13)
  • Review notes from 20131023_US_Realm_TF_Call send additions or corrections to Lynn
  • Inventory of note:
    • 2.5.1 specs for OO:
      • eDOS, LOI, ELR and C-CDA - source of truth for vocabulary
      • They are not sure when to have the specs complete. Joe doesn't know exactly but will check. Feik notes he verified with the source, and states end of November will make everyone happy but will need to know what the formal name of the document will be. Austin notes that the TSC authorized either himself or John Quinn to approve the publication request to streamline the one week review period.
      • Changes assigned to "not related" disposition discussed.
      • Value sets/vocabulary source of truth; is it the specification itself as Dolin asserts? Woody notes that Ted and Vocab folks have concern with the CDA R2 spec's definition of vocabulary so its use as source of truth is suspect. ELR might use PHIN VADS and yet another source. Value set identifiers should be coordinated notes Woody. Austin notes we want to avoid different HL7 specs pointing to different value sets in US Realm where they need to point to a single source of truth. Need to determine an authoritative source and declare it, adds Woody. Calvin notes the CDA based on 2.06 and referenced an HL7 internal id as a concept ID. Joe notes the Value Set Authority Center (VSAC) is intended to provide a location for various 'measures authorities' and 'measures stewards authorities' to assert their value sets. This is not a central authority for all value sets in all specifications. The steward of the value set in the purpose it's being used for is the authority of the fitness for use. This may support Bob's position that the IG becomes the source of truth, notes Austin
  • Review of any outstanding issues
    • Clarify what realm recent CDS PSS's are intended (universal vs. US).
      • Austin notes that he thought the projects were supposed to remain US Realm, but in review of the minutes it appears only Templates will remain US Realm. Logical model for example was based on the UV Realm DAM, and accounts for models for four international sources. The concern is who will provide the UV perspective in developing the logical model. Paul notes that the XML should only be as broad a realm as the logical model and so the question was raised.
      • Who will be the publishing facilitator for 1017, the logical model. For the XML project, add Paul and Ken as publishing facilitators for 1016.
    • Event Publish & Subscribe Service Interface Specification Project for SOA of FTSD cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1051 and TSC Tracker 2783 updated PSS
    • Unified Communication Service Interface Specification Project for SOA of FTSD cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1052 and TSC Tracker 2784 updated PSS
      • if these are driven by the VA why is it UV Realm? Paul agrees and adds his recollection that it was meant to be US Realm. Austin suggests inviting proponents to next week's call. Ken says he wrote the contract on the VA's part and is familiar with it, and the intent was to be universal but there has not been much non-US participation. If during the comment process you get broader involvement in the 2014Jan cycle you might come back and appeal for UV Realm.
      • NIB deadline is Nov 3rd and will have to be changed depending on the approval process. Emory by Ken's cell is conferenced in and is fine with US Realm.
    • Formation of TSC Task Force for Universal Device Identifiers (UDI) meeting Thursday at 4 PM. Trying to get a similar conceptual approach across product families


Adjourned 5:48 PM


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved