This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20131016 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-10-16
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Hugh Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x Josh Mandel x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x David Hay John Moehrke Austin Kreisler
x Paul Knapp x Brian Pech x Richard Ettema, Aegis
. x Mario Hyland, Aegis

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20131009_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lynn will forward the Publishing discussion to FGB. Done - see 20131015 FGB concall
      • Lloyd will send a note to Grahame to identify requirements in near/intermediate terms, request cc: Publishing and TSC chair(s) on conversations with Mike,
      • Paul/Lorraine/Brian will draft responsibilities around ballot, publishing levels, etc.
      • Liaisons confirm their WG's joint sessions please.
  • Discussion topics
    • What process do we want to put in place for maintaining lists of code systems & identifier types?
    • Approving OOC Meetings
    • Co-chair election
  • Reports
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning
    • Ballot review
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Agenda Check - Aegis is on the call Lorraine moves and Josh seconds approval of agenda.
  • Minutes from 20131009_FMG_concall Lorraine moves approval seconded by Paul. Unanimously approved.
  • Aegis's Mario presents a slide show and reviews developers' integration lab (DIL)
    • Implementation of FHIR server and use of RI reviewed.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lynn will forward the Publishing discussion to FGB. Done - see 20131015 FGB concall
      • Lloyd will send a note to Grahame to identify requirements in near/intermediate terms, request cc: Publishing and TSC chair(s) on conversations with Mike. Done - email sent.
      • Paul/Lorraine/Brian will draft responsibilities around ballot, publishing levels, etc. Grahame will be attending ES on Monday and once they get requirements they will move to the next step. Look for a draft on the 30th.
      • Liaisons confirm their WG's joint sessions please (nudge only) CG has been poked with no response. Everyone else is confirmed notes Lloyd and cross-checked with Lillian.
  • Discussion topics
    • What process do we want to put in place for maintaining lists of code systems & identifier types?
      • Lloyd notes the FHIR spec has a list of URIs based on OIDs for code systems etc. Recently added a bunch for US driver's licenses that imply it might be inappropriately used as an alternate OID registry. Supplement OID registry with authoritative URIs discussed. How to minimize/resolve duplicates, allow users to properly update, etc. for something without formal representation e.g. professional licensing registration. Do we enhance OID registry/replace with better solution? Other things for a registry such as extensions and profiles also need a home. This has been lightly addressed with Board-level people. Paul asks what Vocab has to say about it? Maintenance of the registry (curation) as compared to maintenance of the tooling for the registry has to be addressed. Need a set of requirements for access, ability to make changes for each type of resource to be curated, level of work and volume over time, and estimate cost. Brian asks if other organizations have better solutions. Lorraine notes OHT HingX might be a potential candidate. Directing the request to Board, ES and/or Tooling first considered. ACTION ITEM: Lloyd will start a wiki page to capture some requirements and post the link to FMG, and ES can refer to this in discussion with Grahame.
    • Approving OOC Meetings - intent for connectathon in NL in June as part of AID OOC. HL7 UK plans to hold hackathons initially and eventually connectathons with certification on a regular basis (i.e. 3 times/year). Does FMG need to approve these connectathons and conditions upon which one can grant certification? Paul notes that testing to date has not been certification-level. NHS has contract with commercial org for replacement service, based on FHIR. Just to put this into people's minds for next week's discussion. Next week's IHIC connectathon for example does not have any formal approval.

Being out of time adjourned at 2:02 PM deferring remaining topics to next week.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International