20131009 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-10-09
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x Josh Mandel x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x David Hay regrets John Moehrke Austin Kreisler
x Paul Knapp x Brian Pech x Ken McCaslin
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20131002_FMG_concall, 20130923 FMG WGM meeting,
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Grahame & Paul to discuss website organization
      • FMG & FGB to each discuss term staggering
  • an interesting opportunity to gather metrics,
  • how to support engagement with FHIR for those interested,
  • T3SD are asking FMG to consider an offer from publishing to assist in managing/publishing the FHIR standard for hl7, and how publishing might relieve FMG of some of this burden...
  • WGM recap - (LL: would like to summarize motions and action items)
Proposed plan is:
  • Infrastructure and content freeze in mid-Nov.
    • When infrastructure initial reconciliation is complete (target is mid Oct.) will send out proposed reconciliations to balloters, FHIR list, co-chairs, MnM and possibly other groups for review with a 2 week response period to identify issues, with primary focus on changes
  • FMG will review and decide whether action needs to be taken prior to DSTU publication
  • Will aim to get trial formal change management in place - tracker, link to source control, exploration of HTML, mandatory comments on commit
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Convened at 1:03 PM

  • Agenda Check; term staggering already addressed, supporting interest in FHIR (Lloyd will send the email today) Brian/Lorraine moved to approve agenda, unanimously approved
  • Minutes from
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Grahame & Paul to discuss website organization - Grahame and Paul have not spoken on this topic. Lorraine asks if ES should be involved - If it doesn't significantly change the publication probably not but have to keep it in mind.
  • an interesting opportunity to gather metrics, Lloyd reports he has a contact at Aegis with whom he discussed Weds evening for MU services on testing. They capture statistics on what types of queries, requests etc are coming in, which data elements are/are not present, success rate of interactions, force testing flaws like system delays etc. They can intermediary for multiple services as well. Financial model is charging vendor for enhanced services. If HL7 is looking for certification as a revenue stream we need to use caution, notes Paul. Josh notes that acting as a routing layer would not count for those that connect to your server directly, so the metrics are not as useful. Lorraine notes we have metrics software on the website already. David recommends we invite them to come speak with us. The level of granularity among other technical questions would be a good discussion. Other vendors won't want to funnel traffic through yet another commercial vendor, notes Lorraine. Paul notes that gathering metrics is work, but analysis of the metrics is yet another effort.
    • Invite for a timebox of 20 minutes, and then bring to HQ for consideration.
  • T3SD are asking FMG to consider an offer from publishing to assist in managing/publishing the FHIR standard for hl7, and how publishing might relieve FMG of some of this burden...
    • At some point the publication of the FHIR standard might be taken on by Publishing. Issue is current ballot DSTU is hosted offsite and what is HQ role. Product line approach will yet reveal governance and management structures of the other product lines and establishing the publishing role. Pushing out a hot fix during the ballot was managed differently than normally would be done by Don Lloyd. How does HQ and publishing need to prepare to host three different versions on the website. V3 also needs an interim publication area for pre-normative edition publication. Hugh summarizes that it appears that at some point publishing may indeed have a role, even if it's just to run the .bat file. Lloyd recommends that Grahame cc: publishing when discussing changes to the web site with Mike Kingery.
    • Paul clarifies the governance of the process of making information available to review is what's at stake, not the technical act of the publishing. Processes for notifying balloters when content changes. FMG may have the role to ensure that they happen but not necessarily to do them, themselves Lorraine adds.
    • Brian suggests Grahame cc: Austin and Ken for TSC on interactions with Mike K. Paul notes the committees themselves don't run a ballot, but submit content and HQ runs the ballot. Discussion ensued on formalizing the processes prior to Normative. Brian provides an analogy with SDWG and Publishing on IG quality and the available resources provided by the domain WG. Also, the FMG Publishing liaisons are Brian as primary and Lorraine backup.
    • Need to gather Grahame's support requirements, constraints and specifications for publishing FHIR and Lorraine would like to work on those after FHIR reconciliation. What are FGB's and MnM's roles with respect to this effort as well? Paul will also help and Brian to develop these with Publishing. Lynn will forward the discussion to FGB. Lloyd will send a note to Grahame to identify requirements in near/intermediate terms, request cc: Publishing and TSC chair(s) on conversations with Mike, and Paul/Lorraine/Brian will draft responsibilities around ballot, publishing levels, etc.
  • Lorraine reports OO has 155 comments and has started preparing block votes for action.
  • Liaisons confirm their WG's joint sessions please.

Adjourned 2:02 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn will forward the Publishing discussion to FGB.
  • Lloyd will send a note to Grahame to identify requirements in near/intermediate terms, request cc: Publishing and TSC chair(s) on conversations with Mike,
  • Paul/Lorraine/Brian will draft responsibilities around ballot, publishing levels, etc.
  • Liaisons confirm their WG's joint sessions please.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20131016 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International