20131002 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-10-02
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes
Co chairs regrets Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio regrets Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x Josh Mandel x Lynn Laakso, scribe
regrets David Hay x John Moehrke Austin Kreisler
x Paul Knapp Brian Pech
.

Agenda

Proposed plan is:
  • Infrastructure and content freeze in mid-Nov.
    • When infrastructure initial reconciliation is complete (target is mid Oct.) will send out proposed reconciliations to balloters, FHIR list, co-chairs, MnM and possibly other groups for review with a 2 week response period to identify issues, with primary focus on changes
  • FMG will review and decide whether action needs to be taken prior to DSTU publication
  • Will aim to get trial formal change management in place - tracker, link to source control, exploration of HTML, mandatory comments on commit
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call convened at 1:05 PM
  • Agenda Check - checking implementation communities (David's thread) and how FHIR wants to play in the User Group space, and Education topic from Friday discussion. Paul moves approval with amendments, seconded by Josh. Unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Grahame & Paul to discuss website organization. Paul hasn't done this yet.
        • People are confused on the required conjoining of resources and use of REST. Need something on the web site to give better separation of the two, or develop something on resources without REST.
        • Lorraine notes that Bo is working on some tagging of resources for view as discussed by ArB.
        • John notes more real-world examples out of REST context will help as well. Lloyd recognizes some entry level introduction material is needed.
      • FMG & FGB to each discuss term staggering
        • Two year terms are intended; probably to start with January.
        • Josh and Paul are 'new' so will hold terms for two years ending Sep 2015; Lloyd and Lorraine will stagger their terms to expire in January 2014 for re-appointment.
  • Lloyd shows a draft schedule for January
    • FMG session (I'm leaning towards Wed Q6), Grahame won't be available for concurrent sessions; Monday lunch was suggested. Sessions discussed, and Lloyd will send out the proposed schedule after the call. Please confirm with your liaison groups and ask them to request the space and do so by this Friday. Sunday tutorial will be on profiling.
  • an interesting opportunity to gather metrics, (postpone to next week, a service we may be able to take advantage for testing and usage, perhaps invite to upcoming call)
  • how to support engagement with FHIR for those interested, (e.g. third FMG candidate)
    • candidate had background of interest, chair of affiliate, part of developing market, but how to engage with him? What are the opportunities to engage? He's welcome to attend FMG calls as observer, or other FHIR-related calls. ArB invites interested parties to attend as a guest for a while and take on some tasks in an introduction to participation. He had not attended any FHIR sessions that anyone recalls. We don't know which work groups he usually engages with. Lloyd will reach out to him with suggestions.
  • re-distributing liaison responsibilities
    • Lloyd displays the liaison responsibilities and FMG Tracking sheet.
    • Paul volunteers for MnM and ITS; Paul will take Tooling from Lorraine. He'll take CIC also and SOA as backup. He'll also take CDS.
    • Need to add CDS, and probably liaison to SDC (or US Realm). Liaison to ONC improbable so US Realm Task Force liaison makes more sense - should be Paul and Lorraine.
    • Josh will be assigned to RIMBAA (which may become AID), and secondary on MnM and RCRIM
    • Lloyd will take Patient Care and Pharmacy
    • Schedule is checked in under documents/agendas.
  • CG engagement reviewed as discussed on the Friday meeting

Postpone remaining items to next week.

Adjourned 2:00 PM


  • WGM recap - (LL: would like to summarize motions and action items)
Proposed plan is:
  • Infrastructure and content freeze in mid-Nov.
    • When infrastructure initial reconciliation is complete (target is mid Oct.) will send out proposed reconciliations to balloters, FHIR list, co-chairs, MnM and possibly other groups for review with a 2 week response period to identify issues, with primary focus on changes
  • FMG will review and decide whether action needs to be taken prior to DSTU publication
  • Will aim to get trial formal change management in place - tracker, link to source control, exploration of HTML, mandatory comments on commit
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items



Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International