20130911 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-09-11
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Brian Pech regrets Austin Kreisler
x David Hay
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130904_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Membership nominations (Paul Knapp, Josh Mandel, and Lavanian Dorairaj)
    • Action items
      • Lloyd will make some updates to the wiki agenda for the WGM
      • David will invite Mark to an FMG meeting upcoming (hData)
      • Lloyd will create a draft of candidate criteria for triage process of ballot planning for review and endorsement on upcoming call.
  • Reports
  • Process management
    • Triage process - criteria for what needs to be fixed before balloting vs. DSTU vs. leaving unresolved in DSTU
    • Ballot Planning
      • formally approve the resources into DSTU and processes for new resources, at other levels of approval (not DSTU).
    • Developing FMG Management Methodology - see FHIR Methodology Process and FHIR Guide to Designing Resources
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check - moved by Brian seconded by Lorraine; unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20130904_FMG_concall Lorraine moves approval seconded by Brian; unanimously approved
  • Hugh joins.
  • Administrative
    • Membership nominations (Paul Knapp, Josh Mandel, and Lavanian Dorairaj)
      • How many additional members do we want to have? What roles do we want the candidates to fill? Each brings implementation perspectives, with Paul in vendor and Josh in academic space. Having input from representative of a developing market as well as a clinician would be useful. Hugh notes that the other candidates provided some description of how they meet the proposed criteria and we should solicit such a bio. Hugh will follow up.
      • How many do we want, or need? How many liaison roles are there to fill, with John and Ron as ex officio and not taking on liaison/QA roles. Lloyd notes now the base material for the DSTU is out for ballot the workload may decrease, but with more areas seeking inclusion of resources there may be more areas needing liaisons.
      • Brian moves and David seconds nominating all three names to FGB, noting implementation experiences with Paul and Josh and potential clinical perspective from Lavanian as we seek his bio/background. Unanimously approved. FGB won't meet until the 17th so FMG members should have time to review and identify issues.
    • Action items
      • Lloyd will make some updates to the wiki agenda for the WGM; needed link from WGM information page, and updates to spreadsheet on joint meetings.
      • David will invite Mark to an FMG meeting upcoming (hData) - need to specify areas of difference to discuss. Mainly, while harmonization has occurred there are places of difference and we need to understand what those are and why. What were the results of the gap analysis from hData to FHIR? Mark's note stated - I’m not really sure. Clearly the root file and the conformance approaches are completely different, but the Atom feed should align. Maybe it is something to do with our path templates, versus FHIR’s compartments?? If there are questions about the REST method alignment, that would have be taken up in the context of the OMG RESTful Transport spec. Lloyd notes that FHIR doesn't have a root file or conformance resource. Path templates vs compartments could be clarified for understanding. John notes that the discussion sounded similar to his comments to the hData ballot. Does it come to a question of whether FHIR "uses" hData (no). If hData is a mechanism for exposing data and how it is organized for RESTful retrieval, a service discovery and description mechanism; FHIR is standardized way of retrieving data in a RESTful manner. You could have a FHIR server that also publishes a root file but its utility has not been explored. John notes the format of the root file is unspecified. This discussion with Mark will not occur prior to the WGM. Under what circumstances do you align with FHIR and not worry about hData root files, and which circumstances do you conform to both, etc. FMG should ask the hData team to create a first draft whitepaper. Mark
      • Lloyd will create a draft of candidate criteria for triage process of ballot planning for review and endorsement on upcoming call. He will try to finish this week before the ballot closes…
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Lloyd will request final list of registrants from Mary Ann
    • FGB – Ron and Lynn reviewed last week's FMG minutes and came up with topics for FGB to discuss, especially around developing policy underlying the connectathon space management issues. Lloyd notes assertions on participants had higher priority than observers, participants need to be actively doing FHIR development during connectathon demonstrating one of the approved FHIR connectathon scenarios or experimental development approved by FMG; volunteers might wish to make room for others. FMG reserves the right to bring in observers with interest to external organizations. FMG will seek to expand the space available and become financially self-sustaining to eliminate the space constraints for all interested parties; within the constraints of predicted interest, cost, and advance lead time for planning each WGM.


Adjourned 2:03pm - David in transit next Wednesday.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Hugh will solicit a bio from Lavanian
  • Lloyd will make some updates to the wiki agenda for the WGM
  • David will invite Mark to an FMG meeting upcoming (hData)
  • Lloyd will create a draft of candidate criteria for triage process of ballot planning for review and endorsement on upcoming call.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20130918 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International