This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20130917 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2013-09-17
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
John Quinn Grahame Grieve
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Brian Pech

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20130903 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • FGB should put something together for elevator pitch and John puts it into his CTO report to the Board
    • Ron will schedule Woody, Grahame, Ron, and Austin/John to be on a call to evaluate policy assertions with conformity to ISO Datatypes
    • Ron develop precepts from the risks (conformity assessments, appeal processes, composition of FMG)
    • Lynn schedule weekly review with Ron to 'mine' FMG minutes for decisions needing underlying policy statements
    • Ron will address immediate need for "BAM-lite" with ArB.
    • Ron will follow up with John to establish a protocol for FGB chair representation in external stakeholder relationships wrt FHIR.
  • FMG update -
    • Relationship to hData and where hData is "sustained".
    • Product management/coherence issue similar to CDS vMR issues
  • Should there be FMG measurement of the customer response? What statuses should FGB expect regularly?
  • Methodology update-
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. FGB composition to support DSTU adoption customer base
    2. Extract policy assertions and decision criteria from management decisions related to connectathon registration
    3. criteria for seeking policy assertions,
    4. escalation points on risk items triggering governance action


Minutes

Convened at 8:10 AM without quorum

  • Roll call -
  • Review http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Agenda-Baltimore_WGM agenda. FMG Q1 and FGB Q2 extra sessions discussed.
    • Friday Q1 FGB and FMG missing and Q3/Q4 seems to pop up instead; folks will not be available.
    • Need to clarify with FMG tomorrow
  • Action Item review:
    • Ron develop precepts from the risks (conformity assessments, appeal processes, composition of FMG) - he will try to have this ready for the Friday meeting.
    • FGB should put something together for elevator pitch and John puts it into his CTO report to the Board
    • Ron will schedule Woody, Grahame, Ron, and Austin/John to be on a call to evaluate policy assertions with conformity to ISO Datatypes
    • Lynn schedule weekly review with Ron to 'mine' FMG minutes for decisions needing underlying policy statements
    • Ron will address immediate need for "BAM-lite" with ArB.
    • Ron will follow up with John to establish a protocol for FGB chair representation in external stakeholder relationships wrt FHIR.
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. FGB composition to support DSTU adoption customer base
      • Consider expanding stakeholder membership in governance board, suggests Ron:
        • S&I framework issues bringing material and tight timelines. SDC presentation on Monday revealed a greater scope of work than anticipated.
        • John Moehrke tweet at http://healthcaresecprivacy.blogspot.nl/2013/08/time-to-kindle-fhir-it-needs-ballot.html reads “This winter (…) the Volume 2 part of Mobile Health Documents (MHD) will be replaced with the appropriate content describing a profile of DocumentReference to meet the needs of MHD and the family of Document Sharing in XDS, XDR, and XCA.” This may be a planning exercise for 2014 and could use the published DSTU.
        • Encouraging vendor participation in eHealth activities
    2. Extract policy assertions and decision criteria from management decisions related to connectathon registration - policy statements related to connectathon registration issues documented at 20130911_FMG_concall. Ewout notes there were still 5 people not able to get into the main room. Education and Q&A could be another track in workshop mode. Could use a session to explain the basics and start to build, with support members running around to answer questions. Core team has specific objectives of connectathon for DSTU, validation, etc. "Developer acceptance testing" versus the software development and testing becoming clearly divergent. Ewout adds the affiliates are looking at conducting more geographically friendly connectathons.


Disconnected 8:38 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.