20130904 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-09-04
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Hugh Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
Jean Duteau x Brian Pech regrets Austin Kreisler
x David Hay
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130828_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lloyd will craft a statement and description of the options for the connectathon overflow.
  • Membership nominations
  • WGM agenda
    • TSC agenda for Sunday evening 9/22: what topics and how long?
  • hData review
  • Reports
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call - Hugh convenes at 1:00 PM
  • Agenda Check - ballot planning discussion on triage process; David moves seconded by Lloyd; approved unanimously.
  • Minutes from 20130828_FMG_concall - Hugh offers clarification that vote on candidates will be the 11th when nominations close. Lorraine moves approval as amended; seconded by John. Brian abstains, passes 4/0/1.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lloyd will craft a statement and description of the options for the connectathon overflow. It will appear in the HL7 eNews this week or next.
  • Membership nominations - reminder sent. Two candidates so far. Hugh indicated Monday was the 11th, and will send a correction that nominations should close on Wednesday the 11th of September prior to the FMG call.
  • WGM agenda
    • TSC agenda for Sunday evening 9/22: what topics and how long? TSC has requested a status and topics. We can expect to bring a revised membership. Ron notes that Austin probably expects a consolidated report on the connectathon. Lorraine asks if there are ballot processes that need to be escalated to the TSC. Lloyd suggests discussing longer-term connectathon strategy. Alignment with hData might be reviewed. May need to establish a liaison to vMR group. Lorraine is on the TSC task force and so would not wish to volunteer to wear two hats. Content review team has disbanded. Add to Monday FMG agenda.
  • hData review in-committee
    • Their effort to align hData with FHIR, in terms of formats, naming using resources, etc. David is interested in the addressing of query mechanism. Brian notes hData came to HL7 seeming like a solution in search of a problem, though they have offered some interesting ideas. The need for both solutions is not apparent. How to escalate this issue. Do we 'let all the flowers bloom', including the weeds? The response to the CDS work is indicative of an intent to maintain consistency (pulling weeds), notes Lorraine. Brian notes that as a transfer wrapper, navigation/location access, transport specification does not specify content. Identify this to the TSC the areas of overlap with FHIR and need policies around where or how HL7 wishes to recommend policy and set partition/dividing lines, e.g. FHIR use for mobile devices, and CDA for others, etc. Hugh suggests the TSC needs to set the mechanism for how that recommendation is produced. John notes it may be a US problem so far; David notes it will be more of an issue once FHIR is published as a DSTU. Ron notes we do need an endorsed position statement on FHIR. David will invite Mark to an FMG meeting upcoming.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Problems have been resolved as best we can with overcrowding. Plan is to negotiate who can get into the meeting, with a waiting list. At the morning session they will try to identify the local-remote connection areas.
    • FGB – Ron working to ensure during the DSTU process the FGB is conscious of the policy issues that are needed for support. We will pick up the precepts development coming up. Ron will be leaving the ArB. Monday joint session topics to be suggested.
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons – question on the WGM agenda revealed the agenda is not linked form WGM Information page; Lloyd will make some updates to the wiki.
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning -
      • Triage process - criteria for what needs to be fixed before balloting vs. DSTU vs. leaving unresolved in DSTU
      • Lloyd will create a draft of candidate criteria for triage process of ballot planning for review and endorsement on upcoming call.
  • AOB (Any Other Business)
    • WGM agenda; review liaison responsibilities, policy issues from the ballot, connectathon management. David is concerned as he's speaking at the plenary and won't be available in January. Q2 FMG F2F to discuss connectathon, about 11:45.
    • Will also need to formally approve the resources into DSTU and processes for new resources, at other levels of approval (not DSTU).

Adjourned 1:55 PM.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd will make some updates to the wiki agenda for the WGM.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20130911 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International