20130828 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-08-28
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s):
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
regrets Jean Duteau regrets Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
x David Hay x Paul Knapp
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130821_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Membership solicitation sent to list
    • Membership nominations
  • WGM agenda
    • TSC agenda for Saturday 9/21: what topics and how long?
  • hData review
  • Reports
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning
    • Ballot content review - robust criteria for identifying what must be fixed prior to next ballot vs. DSTU, vs. leaving unresolved with note to implementers
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call convened at 1:04 PM
  • Agenda Check David moves approval seconded by John; unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20130821_FMG_concall David moves and Hugh seconds approval; unanimously approved.
  • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • The problem you want to have: too much interest and not enough space
    • Review of lists.hl7.org/read/archive?id=238433. The issue is that there is no additional primary space. If we can't be more nimble, we risk the FHIR sputtering and losing aspects of the strategic community we need.
    • Right now we're more in a play and verify side than mature code and the types of participants may change. What do we need to do this round for September and what do we need to try for January?
    • Hugh asks about the scale of the excess - how much more are we planning for? 33 in room (3 without food), additional 6 observers 'punted', and 2 or 3 more that didn't get in. Other stories recounted, approximately 10 plus. 40-45 implementers and 7-8 observers is estimated this cycle.
    • Lorraine suggests an application process such as a call for papers, and make decisions once all applicants are in. Selection process would need to be made at least 4 weeks prior to the meeting, and many travelers don't get authorization until just before the meeting.
    • May need to promote non-registered attendees to gather in someone's sleeping room and participate remotely. Hugh suggests some Saturday attendees might step aside for formal testing on Sunday. Hotel has also filled up so not everyone will be having a room on the hotel wireless. ACTION ITEM: Lloyd will craft a statement.
    • For January: Options discussed. Experiences from IHE connectathon discussed. Formal testing versus "access to experts" interest discussed. ACTION ITEM: Lloyd will write up a description of the options.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Membership solicitation sent to list
  • Reports
    • FGB update – no update
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons – you can make changes to the forked source from the ballot content; please communicate this to your liaison work groups and include ballot comments corresponding to your fixes
  • Process management
    • Ballot content review - robust criteria for identifying what must be fixed prior to next ballot vs. DSTU, vs. leaving unresolved with note to implementers - no one has any contributions to the criteria
      • Hugh notes that the topic is dependent on each issue. You may have circumstances for adding an attribute but some attributes may change things more than others. Other situation where something was overlooked and all are in agreement that such an attribute should be added. It all depends on the extent to which its absence will result in something being broken.
      • Lloyd believes the criteria will be the impact on implementers. Workarounds available, versus annoyance, or broken are considerations. Need to differentiate areas of comfort in fixing in the ballot vs publication. Substantive change, change to wire format, etc should to be balloted.
    • Membership: we'll vote on candidates in two weeks. Need to re-send the solicitation.

Adjourned 2:02 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd will craft a statement and description of the options for the connectathon overflow.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20130904_FMG_concall

    • Membership nominations
  • WGM agenda
    • TSC agenda for Saturday 9/21 Sunday evening 9/22: what topics and how long?
  • hData review


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International