20130710 BAM Modeling

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC representatives and ArB to jointly develop content for the BAM for the Product Line Architecture Program

HL7 BAM Modeling Call Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GTM 111-567-781

Date: 2013-07-10
Time: 2 pm Eastern Time
Facilitator Ron Parker Note taker(s) Dave Hamill
Attendee Name


Calvin Beebe
Woody Beeler
Jane Curry
Bo Dagnall
Jean Duteau,
Tony Julian
X Austin Kreisler,
regrets Lynn Laakso
Cecil Lynch
Ravi Natarajan
X Ron Parker
Brian Pech
Melva Peters
Quorum Requirements Met: yes
quorum definition?

Agenda

Agenda

  • Review minutes of 20130529_BAM Modeling, notes of 20130612 BAM Modeling (no call 6/19), and 20130626 BAM Modeling
  • Action Items:
    • Ron will get back to FMG to acknowledge the discussion on the formation of WG, take this to the ArB to see what they can work out.
  • update of ArB a-ha moment on three axes of product platform as a paradigm (technology binding/context); product line as a business domain (Function), and product family as a methodology (Form)
  • discuss what SDWG need to do to develop a PSS.

Need to identify deliverables on

  • notional definition of what that product family/line would be
  • How you will stand up Governance, how you will stand up Management, how to stand up methodology. Agenda division, or governance one meeting/month, etc?
  • high-level market segmentation and statement of what they value, what constitutes success
  • PSS they would declare the interested parties, who are the customers, etc
  • Risks of doing or not doing the effort
    • Present a chopped down version of Governance 101 along with concrete suggestions on what to do with their agenda especially separating out governance and management and teasing out methodology as well.
    • Need BAM checklist for initiation of PSS for CDA IG Product Family and identify deliverables of the project WRT goals/objectives/risks, RACI chart. List of things you need to establish as part of the project.
  • Discuss Security Risk Assessment Cookbook process


Minutes

  • Austin presented a Visio diagram depicting his brainstorming of the TSC Org Chart. It contained areas for the TSC, ArB, SD, WGs as well as an area for a Product Family Governance Board and Product Management Group structure. Ron suggest that perhaps we add a "Core Team" under each Management box


  • Ron’s ideas are something like the following:
    • He is looking for a correlation between Product Familys and Work Groups, so they know how to ‘self locate’.
    • However re-engineering the work groups to support this view may be too big of task to tackle
    • We’ll need resources to be strong in products as well as interoperability and implementation from a methodology perspective.
    • A methodology Steering Division may be a good idea with Product Directorate and Governance for Product Lines/Families be inside that


  • Austin would like to see a new form created - A Product Family Scope Form that would have the various pieces which would establish a project that stands up the product family. The project would explain ‘Here’s how we are going to structure the product family’; a Product Champion would be the leader; and have a team under them to support the work


Adjourned 14:58

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Austin to forward the Visio diagram to Ron and Dave
  • Ron will discuss the Visio diagram with the ArB team.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.