20130626 BAM Modeling
TSC representatives and ArB to jointly develop content for the BAM for the Product Line Architecture Program
|HL7 BAM Modeling Call Minutes
Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
Time: 2 pm Eastern Time
|Facilitator||Ron Parker||Note taker(s)||Lynn|
|Quorum Requirements Met: yes|
- Review minutes of 20130529_BAM Modeling, notes of 20130612 BAM Modeling (no call 6/19)
- update of ArB a-ha moment on three axes of product platform as a paradigm (technology binding/context); product line as a business domain (Function), and product family as a methodology (Form)
- discuss what SDWG need to do to develop a PSS.
Need to identify deliverables on
- notional definition of what that product family/line would be
- How you will stand up Governance, how you will stand up Management, how to stand up methodology. Agenda division, or governance one meeting/month, etc?
- high-level market segmentation and statement of what they value, what constitutes success
- PSS they would declare the interested parties, who are the customers, etc
- Risks of doing or not doing the effort
- Present a chopped down version of Governance 101 along with concrete suggestions on what to do with their agenda especially separating out governance and management and teasing out methodology as well.
- Need BAM checklist for initiation of PSS for CDA IG Product Family and identify deliverables of the project WRT goals/objectives/risks, RACI chart. List of things you need to establish as part of the project.
- Discuss Security Risk Assessment Cookbook process
Convene 2:05 PM
- FMG discussion recap
- The issue of assignment or appointment to membership of a group is important. They have a sense of being commissioned to operationalize and organizational asset, and have authority to be directive and make decisions about whether WGs that don’t have the will or capacity to produce it can be reassigned to core team. The ability to un-appoint someone is also important.
- Coherence with ANSI-accredited SDO practices also discussed.
- Calvin joins
- Open consensus ballot is of concern to ANSI versus how the material is produced.
- Normalization and formal construct of FMG as an entity not part of an SD but accountable to a GB that is in an SD. Austin adds that an SD for management groups could exist. Product directorate could provide coordination among various management groups.
- 2.x publishing would join the product directorate as a management group?
- Calvin relates scope and responsibilities to SD or TSC
- Domain committees that have responsibilities for developing content for the resource but don't own the resource.
- Overlap of responsibilities between groups reviewed. This should be fleshed out in the BAM.
- Ron will get back to FMG to acknowledge the discussion, take this to the ArB to see what they can work out. It will also need vitality triggers and escalation process of the proposal. Calvin adds we must preserve the cultural behavior that has been cultivated.
- Austin notes with the new membership model our members pay to develop standards and we are selling the experience that our members have in developing standards.
Adjourned 2:51 PM
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.