20130710 BAM Modeling
TSC representatives and ArB to jointly develop content for the BAM for the Product Line Architecture Program
|HL7 BAM Modeling Call Minutes
Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
Time: 2 pm Eastern Time
|Facilitator||Ron Parker||Note taker(s)||Dave Hamill|
|Quorum Requirements Met: yes|
- Review minutes of 20130529_BAM Modeling, notes of 20130612 BAM Modeling (no call 6/19), and 20130626 BAM Modeling
- Action Items:
- Ron will get back to FMG to acknowledge the discussion on the formation of WG, take this to the ArB to see what they can work out.
- update of ArB a-ha moment on three axes of product platform as a paradigm (technology binding/context); product line as a business domain (Function), and product family as a methodology (Form)
- discuss what SDWG need to do to develop a PSS.
Need to identify deliverables on
- notional definition of what that product family/line would be
- How you will stand up Governance, how you will stand up Management, how to stand up methodology. Agenda division, or governance one meeting/month, etc?
- high-level market segmentation and statement of what they value, what constitutes success
- PSS they would declare the interested parties, who are the customers, etc
- Risks of doing or not doing the effort
- Present a chopped down version of Governance 101 along with concrete suggestions on what to do with their agenda especially separating out governance and management and teasing out methodology as well.
- Need BAM checklist for initiation of PSS for CDA IG Product Family and identify deliverables of the project WRT goals/objectives/risks, RACI chart. List of things you need to establish as part of the project.
- Discuss Security Risk Assessment Cookbook process
- Austin presented a Visio diagram depicting his brainstorming of the TSC Org Chart. It contained areas for the TSC, ArB, SD, WGs as well as an area for a Product Family Governance Board and Product Management Group structure. Ron suggest that perhaps we add a "Core Team" under each Management box
- Ron’s ideas are something like the following:
- He is looking for a correlation between Product Familys and Work Groups, so they know how to ‘self locate’.
- However re-engineering the work groups to support this view may be too big of task to tackle
- We’ll need resources to be strong in products as well as interoperability and implementation from a methodology perspective.
- A methodology Steering Division may be a good idea with Product Directorate and Governance for Product Lines/Families be inside that
- Austin would like to see a new form created - A Product Family Scope Form that would have the various pieces which would establish a project that stands up the product family. The project would explain ‘Here’s how we are going to structure the product family’; a Product Champion would be the leader; and have a team under them to support the work
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.