20130410 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 489-406-709

Date: 2013-04-10
Time: 5:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
John Quinn Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20130327 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Ron to talk to Charlie Mead about a diagram to represent the relationships if risks link to mitigations and the mitigations link to governance points, suggests a model with no more than five classes including risks, governance points, mitigations, and management.
    • FGB needs to look at the document for populating the remaining columns on the spreadsheet like impact/likelihood, type and walk through it on the next call.
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • HL7/IHE/DICOM coordination (John)
  • Ron report on Canada webinar on emerging standards
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. FGB Membership/quorum needs
    2. Education
      • Ron will aim to discuss criteria and work through some details to provide to Sharon for preparation for WGM workshop. Premise for HL7 education focus: Consistency and coherence of the product as a brand
    3. Appeal Process / Escalation
      • What is the appeal process for resources not chosen for inclusion in the ballot?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Management decisions?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Governance decisions?Responsibilities for resources (education, conformity process, appeal process)


Minutes

Convened at

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review - Austin asks about meetings between now and the WGM. Ron will be here next week but not the 24th or May 1st.
  • Approve minutes of 20130327 FGB concall Ewout moves and Woody seconds approval; unanimously approved.
  • Action Item review: little advance on the agenda since the last call - need an action plan.
    • Ron to talk to Charlie Mead about a diagram to represent the relationships if risks link to mitigations and the mitigations link to governance points, suggests a model with no more than five classes including risks, governance points, mitigations, and management. He'll be seeing Charlie near the end of the month.
    • FGB needs to look at the document for populating the remaining columns on the spreadsheet like impact/likelihood, type and walk through it on the next call.
    • What is the status of Grahame's actions on patent position and relationship with IHE? Grahame has been working with John Moehrke but those discussions are not reaching Chuck's level. Ron will request a summary of the IHE discussions from Grahame.
  • What do we need to do - action plan. Friday Q1 is booked but the Wednesday evening meeting is challenging. There is also a Tuesday Q1 scheduled. Is that sufficient for our needs? Ron needs 20 minutes to walk through the vitality process. Outstanding issues on risk categorization and development of precepts will take longer. Start Q1 Tuesday and finish Q1 Friday. Another challenge is finding quarters Grahame and Ewout have available as they're booked all week. Will definitely need more time for the next WGM. Plan a slot for Sunday lunch - need a room - Lynn will request from Lillian.
    • Need to identify - work backwards to provide what the FMG and core team need to proceed.
  • FMG update - perspective from Calvin on BAM call today that the FHIR governance is further than we are; still trying to understand but working from principles. Applying this to a CDA R2 IG product family/product line more tenuous. Monday Q2 discussion planned with SDWG (i.e. governance 101) on BAM on standing up product line.
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks - need to drive this forward; categorizing risks and next steps to precepts.
  • Ron report on Canada webinar on emerging standards - he'll send a link around. It was well attended. Mohawk has an iOS library for the first set of resources. Some jurisdictions attending the webinar have expressed interest in participating.
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. FGB Membership/quorum needs
    2. Education
      • Ron will aim to discuss criteria and work through some details to provide to Sharon for preparation for WGM workshop. Premise for HL7 education focus: Consistency and coherence of the product as a brand - Lynn will touch base with Sharon to find out the Education WG agenda planning and coordinate a time for Ron to discuss with Sharon.
    3. Appeal Process / Escalation - management group is concerned about how that would work but no real escalation issues have been raised.
      • What is the appeal process for resources not chosen for inclusion in the ballot? Conflicts have been taken to a vote in the various WGs. Current process for balloting has reconciliation to resolve issues. Harmonization also has escalation appeal to TSC which has never happened. Ron will document this and give feedback to the Management group. Important to reiterate the WG does not 'own' the resource but the product family does.
  • Ewout comments on IHE NL considerations of FHIR. Ron suggests some assertions by HL7 on its 'position' on FHIR. Ewout suggests a link to FHIR from commonly accessed resources, what is FHIR and what does it mean to me.
  • Ewout also reports that Grahame and Lloyd have been talking with ONC with respect to DIRECT. Lynn will add to the next agenda a discussion on updates with respect to ONC. Woody asks if John Quinn has been involved in these discussions. Austin asserts that John is aware of it. Woody recalls the propagation of an issue with the government requiring conformance to DSTU and not waiting for normative. Ewout also has spoken with Microsoft. These are risks for FHIR - these opportunities may influence our approach to FHIR. Need to manage expectations. They need to experiment with it, send resources to support development but not "adopt" it in their rulemaking. Ewout notes also VA is experimenting with the federation model for their patient index.

Adjourned 6:05 PM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Ron will request a summary of the IHE discussions from Grahame
  • Lynn will request from Lillian a room for Sunday lunch
  • Lynn will touch base with Sharon to find out the Education WG agenda planning and coordinate a time for Ron to discuss with Sharon.
  • Ron will document approach to escalation/appeal process and give feedback to the Management group
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • 20130417 FGB concall
  • discussion of agenda for WGM
    • vitality process,
    • education plan,
    • categorizing risks and next steps to precepts


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.