20130417 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 489-406-709

Date: 2013-04-17
Time: 5:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler regrets Ewout Kramer
x John Quinn Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20130410 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Ron will request a summary of the IHE discussions from Grahame
    • Lynn will request from Lillian a room for Sunday lunch
    • Lynn will touch base with Sharon to find out the Education WG agenda planning and coordinate a time for Ron to discuss with Sharon.
    • Ron will document approach to escalation/appeal process and give feedback to the Management group
  • updates with respect to ONC
  • discussion of agenda for WGM
    • vitality process,
    • education plan,
  • categorizing risks and next steps to precepts
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • HL7/IHE/DICOM coordination (John)
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Education
      • Need a work plan that is coordinated with HL7 Education Director
    2. Conformity Assessment
    3. Appeal Process / Escalation
      • What is the appeal process for resources not chosen for inclusion in the ballot?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Management decisions?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Governance decisions?Responsibilities for resources (education, conformity process, appeal process)


Minutes

Convened at 5:05 PM

  • Agenda Review approved by general consent
  • Approve minutes of 20130410 FGB concall Woody moves and John seconds approval. John then abstains and the minutes are approved.
  • Action Item review:
    • Ron will request a summary of the IHE discussions from Grahame. Ron notes that Grahame and John Moehrke have been discussing but seeks a synopsis from John M on the technical relationship to supplement Chuck's formal relationships.
    • Lynn will request from Lillian a room for Sunday lunch - done
    • Lynn will touch base with Sharon to find out the Education WG agenda planning and coordinate a time for Ron to discuss with Sharon. Ron will attend an Education session. Monday Q3 is best time based on their current agenda.
    • Ron will document approach to escalation/appeal process and give feedback to the Management group - no progress.
  • updates with respect to ONC - Lloyd had a conversation with ONC regarding FHIR and the RESTful approach for privacy and security requirements. John M notes that CDA as RESTful payload need headers to discuss the nature of the thing that is in the payload. The way CDA is structured it has to bring that itself; that is not something that is part of FHIR. This is a conversation in progress. Header information indicating whether content is PHI/PHI for Mental Health is not addressed. Analogous relationship with digital signatures discussed.
  • discussion of agenda for WGM
    • vitality process, (has been shown to BAM team) to review methodology with FGB
    • education plan, as moving into DSTU will be a hot topic. Since Canadian webinar more groups have emerged with interest.
    • Sunday lunch to present the vitality assessment, and set the week and hear about the connectathon
    • Tuesday Q1 FGB, education plan recap from Ron joining Education Monday Q3, finish Risk assessment.
    • FMG meets Weds night after the reception but FGB members may not attend.
    • Friday Q1 joint with FMG. Need to discuss education plan with FMG
  • Austin notes we're moving forward with project to pilot SAIF ECCF ISM (interoperability specification matrix) as part of Publication Request. FHIR should be a pilot and cosponsor the project. FHIR should provide an ISM when requesting DSTU publication. Discovery process to categorize the existing artifacts with a publication not to engineer new artifacts. Ron notes that documentation from product line will be different from product family. Austin reports they are developing a team to assist the participants in the pilot.
  • FMG update - discussion on concept of FHIR WG.
    • Lack of understanding in nature of obligation to respond to FHIR (e.g. Patient Care). Such a construct may be a "product group" along the lines of a Work Group, with a formalized concept having a distinct governance and management setup not imbued solely in the co-chairs. Product Group has perspective on product family and product line, and coordination with domain SME groups.
    • Austin asks if this is surfacing as part of the BAM.
    • 80% rule and governance of extensions and the adoption of extensions into the 'core' having some resistance among the SME group. Affect on WGH metrics are different. "Product Director" becomes the person monitoring product groups.
    • We want to correct the paradigm with SDWG in disregarding workflow management. Woody notes that different models evolved differently in different space with the lack of a behavioral framework.
    • Ron suggests we continue this also on the FGB agenda in Atlanta.
  • Grahame joins, Ron requests IHE summary and informs Grahame of Sunday lunch schedule.

Ron leaves 5:54 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Ron not available next week. John and Woody will be at ISO. No meeting next week.


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.