20130304 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-03-04
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s):
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
Lorraine Constable regrets John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Jean Duteau x Brian Pech x Austin Kreisler
regrets David Hay
.

Agenda

Minutes

  • Roll Call - convened at 1:05 PM
  • Agenda Check reviewed; Brian moves and Jean seconds acceptance. Unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20130225_FMG_concall Lloyd moves and Brian seconds acceptance.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • RP commit to translate EHR-sfm for purposes of the use case.
        • He has delegated to Sasha but does not have specific direction on how they would like to see the output. Map or frame EHR-S FM profile or two into a use case for connectathon. Sasha proposed electronic referral. Upcoming connectathon is focused on documents. Referral release is not scoped for first DSTU release. It's more about the resources that will support the function and not the functions of the EHR-S FM profile. EHR-S FM modeling effort discussed. Some of their work may map into the extension space if their candidate functions are not deemed to be in the 80%. Jean notes that their work is to be used as requirements for the other resources.
        • Jean notes there are not many information requirements using "must". If any are considered extensions it will certainly stir conversation. Lloyd notes we need scenarios in the next week in order for developers to have time to build. Challenge will be to learn to which extent EHR-S FM has identified CDA metaphors for EHR functionality. Review list on next Monday's call.
      • Hugh will re-frame the General Principles with an eye to a FHIR WG and we'll review next week. Reviewed comments on Ballot_Resolution and amended the text. Ron will bring this to the FGB on Wednesday on dealing with resolution of remaining comments. FHIR core team would then have a home. Wait to hear what FGB recommends.
      • David will develop some scenarios about patient search/lookup for a more general participation on the wiki for next week, and will notify the FHIR list for feedback - see FHIR_Connectathon_3
      • Liaisons to send DSTU status checklist to their groups.
        • PA and Pharmacy concalls for Hugh today will review.
        • Jean reports PHER will be ready. PC Allergies/Interactions work is proceeding. He has not reviewed the spreadsheet with his groups.
        • Lloyd FM discussed with Paul Knapp but he's been working on ITS stuff so they have not reviewed.
        • Brian has no report.
      • Lloyd will pass to Grahame the request to update the Automated QA steps section of FHIR QA Guidelines. He sent another request.
      • FMG to create language for the ballot community what changes they can expect to see during the DSTU period. Lloyd will draft something.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) Brian reports that David added some suggested topics to the wiki. It didn't go to the list yet.
    • FGB – Still working on narratives on relationship with IHE; Chuck needs counterpoint with IHE, perhaps GG or JM. IP issue regarding contributors to FHIR with patent issue still underway from Grahame.
      • Risk assessment list will be formatted to TSC structure and further developed.
      • HIMSS conflicts this week so this week's call cancelled.
    • MnM – working on ballot resolution and may piggyback on harmonization call.
    • FMG Liaisons – See updates above. Patient Care is still going to be challenging. Need clinical SME review on ballot comment and resource development. Jean reports they're going in circles on Care Plan. Ron offers to try to form some bridging. If still stymied, Austin suggests escalation to TSC.
  • Precepts - making progress on the risk assessment
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning
    • Developing FMG Management Methodology - see FHIR Methodology Process and FHIR Guide to Designing Resources
    • Review feedback on next week's call from WG's having responsibility for content development for DSTU for levels of completeness to identifying progress towards readiness of resources, e.g., PSS approved, SVN, vocab defined, etc - in SVN at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2Fgovernance%2FFMG%2FDSTU%2520progress%2520metrics.xlsx&view=log
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
      • Reviewed Manual review steps for worthiness. Need to know if the 80% is reasonable, is data types adequate, constraint level acceptable, consistent level of expression in resources from different WGs. What example can we offer to show how it should be done? Should we have a design review board? Who will take responsibility for what is in, and what is not, in a resource versus an extension, and take responsibility for product line/product family. We need a group "with teeth" and the authority to say 'no', that something is of unacceptable quality. Ability to reassign responsibility or make changes to their content is at stake.

Hugh offers regrets for next week

Adjourned 2:02 PM EST

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20130311 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International