20130225 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-02-25
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Jean Duteau x Brian Pech x Austin Kreisler
x David Hay
.

Agenda

Minutes

  • Agenda Check; convene at 1:05 PM EST. QA process. Brian moves and David seconds approval of agenda. Unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20130211_FMG_concall (no call last week) Lorraine moves and Brian seconds approval. Unanimously approved
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • RP commit to translate EHR-sfm - Ron is not on the call
      • Hugh will re-frame the General Principles with an eye to a FHIR WG and we'll review next week. No progress to report.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) David noted we need to get the next scenarios out as early as possible. They will be centered around documents, notes Lloyd. David asks about patient search/lookup for a more general participation and will develop some on the wiki for next week, and will notify the FHIR list for feedback. Would want retrieve as well as create/update. John suggests we tie in to abbi/Blue Button. Lloyd notes we've had little feedback from ONC so was not going to pursue it this time around. John will take an action item to check with Keith on what's going on with abbi.
    • FGB – Ron is not on the call.
    • MnM – Lloyd was not on a call last week. Updating ballot items.
    • FMG Liaisons
      • Hugh's second meeting with Mobile Health last week went well. They had a question on ballot mechanics around extensions. Lloyd notes that FMG hasn't defined any yet, but his expectation is that we will ballot profiles and there will be extensions in the profiles. Collections of extensions for ISO Datatypes or xyz segments in V2 are anticipated. Hugh's understanding was that you could ballot extensions at an international level and could add to them over time. You might run a realm-specific ballot for a certain set of extensions.
      • Lorraine reports that weekly sessions have commenced to produce material next week.
      • FM is e-voting FHIR stuff, reports Lloyd.
      • He asks if we should have a separate PSS for FHIR core. Lynn reports that project 891 is the base PSS for FHIR. ANSI won't be receiving a notice at the DSTU stage so it's not a concern at this time.
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning
    • Developing FMG Management Methodology - see FHIR Methodology Process and FHIR Guide to Designing Resources
    • Review feedback on next week's call from WG's having responsibility for content development for DSTU for levels of completeness to identifying progress towards readiness of resources, e.g., PSS approved, SVN, vocab defined, etc - in SVN at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2Fgovernance%2FFMG%2FDSTU%2520progress%2520metrics.xlsx&view=log
    • Did not go out to Work Groups so no feedback yet. How will we distribute? Needs to go to WGs responsible for developing content. Hugh notes Pharmacy has five resources - need to add columns for each resources and check boxes as they progress. Lloyd will propagate into the main tracking spreadsheet and have everyone update that - and review for next week's call. Liaisons to send to their groups.
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
      • Last cycle had individuals assigned to review certain parts. This was partially successful. Lloyd will pass to Grahame the request to update the Automated QA steps section.
      • Hugh notes that some steps are late in the DSTU progress metrics, like the RIM mappings and would be too early to QA. How do we measure if the WGs are on track with the 80% level, are there consistency issues to resolve, are the definitions coming along at the right level of detail? Hugh notes we need to be able to define what a proper looking element looks like, to give examples, for some objectivity in reviewing work in progress.
      • What about process for review? FMG as reviewers or others as well? What guidance, review forms? Have one resource-developing committee review another committee's resources?
      • David asks if the material can change once the DSTU is released? Each version of the DSTU is frozen, barring a DSTU update ballot, technical corrections, etc. ACTION ITEM: FMG to create language for the ballot community what changes they can expect to see during the DSTU period. Austin also notes that backwards compatibility between releases of a DSTU is not required.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • David will develop some scenarios about patient search/lookup for a more general participation on the wiki for next week, and will notify the FHIR list for feedback
  • Liaisons to send DSTU status checklist to their groups.
  • FMG to create language for the ballot community what changes they can expect to see during the DSTU period. Discuss on next week's call.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20130304 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International