2013-09-24 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration Work Group Meeting - Tuesday September 24, 2013

Tuesday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Annapolis (Hosted by Patient Care)

Date: 2013-09-24
Time: Tuesday Q1
Facilitator Note taker
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Iqbal Sian HL7 Canada
X Michael Steine BT/Standards Australia
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • V3 Work - Scheduling Topic
  • V3 Work - Encounter Topic
  • V3 Work – CMET alignment with D-MIMs

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Scheduling topic
Alexander d. mentioned that he ran into Lynn who brought up the topic of the v3 Scheduling materials. According to ANSI, the last ballot activity was in 2003. HL7 had requested extensions that expire in October. This means that we are too late to try to get the Scheduling topic into the current ballot. However, if we get the PSS in by the Oct 6 deadline, we could have it in the January ballot. This would mean that the PAWG would have to make this more of a priority. Even if we were to make this deadline, within ANSI, this would not appear between the expiration and the ballot reconciliation. However, if all goes well, then the scheduling topic would

Irma as co chair reviewed the topic for the group.

Action: Alexander H. to work with Don to get the missing D-MIM diagrams into the scheduling topic. Michael asked if the UK NHS (choose and book) was using this in their system. Barry said that he thinks they are using a variation of this V3 materials. The WG thinks it would be good to have to efforts, one to assure that the same materials are published in January and then that we include updating the materials with today’s needs.

The WG decided that this is the route they want to take.
.
Scheduling

We are going to create the PSS for release 1.1 for scheduling, too take it normative.
Action: Create PSS based on the reaffirmation form for scheduling topic. Alex
WG approval.
Action: Submit to SD for approval. Monitor TSC approval. Line
Action: After approval, submit the NIB. Line.
Action: Irma to check with Alexander H if this is feasible.
Action: Create ballot package. Alexander.


Encounter

For encounter topic, the HL7 website shows it is awaiting TSC approval. The current objective shows submit for normative ballot tar get 2013 sept. We need to update it to show target January 2014.
Action: talk to Alexander H to see if this is possible as our modeling and publishing facilitator.
Actually, we have found that the TSC approved on August 12, 2013.
Line moves to update the dates within the Encounter Topic PSS, incrementing by one ballot cycle. Alex d seconds.
Vote: 5/0/0
.
Action: Communicate that the dates will update along with updating the dates in the PSS and Project Insight. Line.
Action: Create the NIB which needs to be approved. Line.
Action: Create publication. Alexander H.
Action: Send email to Lynn and Don to check our process. Irma.
Personnel Management
We are going to create the PSS for release 1.1 for scheduling, too take it normative.
Action: Update PSS (dates) based on the reaffirmation form for scheduling topic. Alex
Action. Working Group approval.
Action: Submit to SD for approval. Monitor TSC approval. Line
Action: After approval, submit the NIB. Line.
Action: Irma to check with Alexander H if this is feasible.
Action: Create ballot package. Alexander H
CMETs Alignment with D-MIMs
According to the ballot website, these show as having been balloted in May 2013. The group checked the ballot website and showed that there were no negative comments. Therefore it has passed. The WG needed to follow next steps.
Action: Request for publication (DSTU). Alexander H. Our goal showed publication in Sept 2013. But this has not been done. Therefore we need to update the goals
Action: Line sends an email to Dave asking to update dates one cycle in HL7 Project Index.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 547

Date: 2013-09-24
Time: Tuesday Q3
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Avinash Shanbhag ONC
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Graham Greive Health Intersections, Pty, Australia
X Peter Goldschmidt AHRQ/WDG
X Steve Fine Cerner
X Iqbal Sian HL7 Canada
X Michael Steine BT/Standards Australia
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Service Delivery Location
  2. FHIR works

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached: Peter Goldschmit - Service Delivery Location – Update Code system for capturing information n types of facilities and locations within facilities. Looking at locations where patient safely issues occur.
Intent is to capture types of facilities and detailed granular facilities. SNOMED facilities. They believe they have caputured in a code system in a hierarchical way to a high level of granularity.
Next task will be to fill in the codes and develop the navigation methods to get to the codes quickly and with a high accuracy rate. This work can be used in other scenarios such as extending into roles related to specific locations within these codes where care is given to patients.
Line expressed a need in Norway and Irma expressed potential interest in The Netherlands.
The effort is to look at existing code sets for locations and unifying them under umbrella.
There will be method to examine the framework for this effort. They are looking into getting sponsors so the timeframe will depend on that.
FHIR

Ballot reconciliation.
Items in the spreadsheet covered: 90, 100, 196, 226, 336, 477,
Line moves to block vote to approve on dispositions as noted in the spreadsheet. Graham seconds.
Vote: 10/0/0
.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Constellation C

Date: 2013-09-24
Time: Tuesday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Ewout Kramer Furore
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Steve Fine Cerner
X Iqbal Sian HL7 Canada
X Peter Goldschmidt Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
X Michael Steine BT/Standards Australia
.
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes/No

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • FHIR Reconciliation

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached: FHIR Ballot reconciliation

The WG decided to tackle the Link/unlink comments within the comment ballots.
For disposition comment 196, the WG decided to take a vote on what direction we should take. This should answer the further comments on this subject.
Alex made a motion to agree that for the DSTU the only use case supported for “link” is to deprecate a record and point forward to the preferred record”. Line seconded.

Vote (for/against/abstain): 12/0/1

Based on that scope definition, the WG continued to address the comment #196.
The WG continued with the discussion related to the comment as to whether we need references pointing each way… from one record to the other then the link must be updated the other way around

Vote(for/against/abstain): 10/0/3

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 547

Date: 2013-09-24
Time: Tuesday Q4
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 3 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. 3 Year Work Plan – FHIR

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached: Hugh Grover was not available during this WGM. Due to this, the WG decided to continue with working on the 3 year work plan to include the FHIR work.
Meeting adjourned at 4:45

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2007-2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.