2013-09-23 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration Work Group Meeting - Monday September 23, 2012

Monday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Charles Sumner

Date: 2010-10-04
Time: Monday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest, Norway
X Irma Jongeneel HL7, The Netherlands
X Alexander Henket NICTIZ, The Netherlands
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Samer Minkara IBM
X Michael Steine BT/Standards Australia
X Alexander de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Welcome/Introductions
  2. Review and Approve Agenda
  3. Review and Approve the Mission and Charter
  4. Review and Approve the Decision Making Practices
  5. Work Plan review

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Welcome/Introductions
  • Review and Approve Agenda

Motion: Irma to approve the agenda. Alexander Henket second.
Vote: 6 / 0 / 0 (for, against, abstain)

  • Review Mission & Charter

The WG continued to review the Mission and Charter and discussed the question of whether this WG should include a formal relationship with FHIR. (bullet). Alexander H asked if FHIR was actual Work group. Should we change the sentence to read Work Group and committees? Michael asked if the WG should we have a formal relationship with PHER and use of their functional model? After discussion the WG agreed that the charter should be updated. Proposed Changes:

  1. “This group produces normative standards by:” to“This group produces normative standards (for instance HL7 v2, HL7 v3, and FHIR) by:”
  2. change the charter to replace “Work Groups” with “groups:”
  3. Change the charter by adding another bullet under “This group produces normative standards by:” That reads “Ensuring harmonization of the normative standard within the wider HL7 community”.
  4. Change the formal relationship with Patient Care line so that “Community Based Health” is a bullet and add another bullet that reads “Co-authoring of the Care Provision D-MIM with regards to encounter”

Motion: Motion made by Irma to accept revised mission and charter with changes as noted above. Seconded by Alexander Henket.
Discussion: None
Vote(for/against/abstain): 6 / 0 / 0
Action: Update the mission and charter with the changes as noted above and submit to the Steering Division. Responsible: Alex de Leon. Due: 10/20/13.

  • Decision Making Practices (DMP)

Irma suggested that the WG include the process of dealing with the changes to the shared D-MIM into the Patient Administration Work Group decision making practices. However, this should be done within the next working group meeting or on a telecom after the Patient Care Work Group has been consulted.
Motion: A motion was mad by Alexander Henket to accept the DMP as is. Irma Seconded
Discussion:None.
Vote: 6 / 0 / 0
Action: Update the Decision Making Practices for the Patient Administration Work Group to include the process of dealing with the changes to the shared D-MIM with the Patient Care Work Group. Responsible: Alex de Leon. Due: Before the next WGM.
The WG agreed to postpone any discussions on the work plan until the members can get a good idea of the current status of the work products to be done next quarter.
End of Q3

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action: Update the mission and charter with the changes as noted above and submit to the Steering Division. Responsible: Alex de Leon. Due: 10/20/13.
  • Action: Update the Decision Making Practices for the Patient Administration Work Group to include the process of dealing with the changes to the shared D-MIM with the Patient Care Work Group. Responsible: Alex de Leon. Due: Before the next WGM.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Monday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Charles Sumner

Date: 2013-09-23
Time: Monday Q4
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Alexander Henket NICTIZ, Netherlands
X Barry Guinn EPIC, USA
X Samer Minkara IBM, USA
X Michael Steine BT/Standards Australia
X Christian Hay GS1, Switzerland
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Lynn Laakso HL7, International
X Don Lloyd HL7, International
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Balloting/Publishing Process, Work Product Status

  1. Publishing process clarifications
  2. Project Scope Statement – Scheduling Topic
  3. Project Scope Statement – Personnel Management Topic
  4. Publishing Encounter Ballot Topic
  5. PA CMETS alignment with D-MIM
  6. GS1 Update

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Don and Lynn from HL7 HQ were invited to the meeting today to help clarify the process for balloting and publishing and to help with the status of each of the WG’s work products.
Line began to outline our needs for understanding the process for publication for Don Lloyd and Lynn Laakso. Essentially, the issue is that there is no centralized place to view the overall process along with the needed forms and to whom they should be submitted.
After communication of the need for a high level process view of PSS to publishing status, Don Lloyd agreed to draft one up and provide a draft after validation from the rest of the HL7 HQ staff.
Additionally, there is no view of the statuses of our products. Don and Lynn agreed that this does not currently exist. They agree that this would be helpful, but there are constraints on resources to work on this.
PA Work Products
The WG asked for a view of what the status of each work product. This can be viewed by going to the HL7 website under “Standards” -> “Master Grid of All Standards” -> Sort by Patient Administration
Actions that need to be taken can be gotten from the PBS Metrics. Go to summary report tab of the PBS metrics, filter on work group. This will show notes and action items to be taken.
This should allow us to figure out what we need to do for each product we have.
The WG will use these tools to figure out what the status of our current work is and what it is we need to achieve to move these on to publication.
The WG continued to address the current status of GS1 (GSRN).
Alexander Henket went on to give a status the project was transferred to InM. InM has provided a new project with PA doing the work via Christian Haye and Alexander Henket. Alexander has been charged with the content for the Implementation Guide.
As for the project ID PSS, we are not sure if the one we have to retract 979 if InM has created another one or if this can be transferred to them.
Action: Find out if project #979 needs to be closed for PA and a new one created in InM or if we can transfer the project ID so as not to affect the PAWG Work Group Health. Responsible: Alex de Leon.
The WG continued with the SWOT.
Added the threat of lack of interest for v2.x PA implantations to immigrate to later v2.x standards.
Michael moved to approve the updates to SWOT. Christian seconded.
Vote (for/against/abstain): 7/0/0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action: Find out if project #979 needs to be closed for PA and a new one created in InM or if we can transfer the project ID so as not to affect the PAWG Work Group Health. Responsible: Alex de Leon.
  • Action: Inform the Steering Division and HQ that the PAWG has reviewed the Mission and Charter and the DMP, done the SWOT analysis. Responsible: Alex de Leon. Due: before the end of the WGM.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2007-2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.