This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2013-06-13 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2013-06-13
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Michael Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, eHealth Ontario
x Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
x John Quinn
Rik Smithies, CS liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
x Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Other/New Business



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Michael convened at 2:04 PM.

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review: Andy would like to add an announcement about the wiki at the end of the call. Michael also wishes to discuss Andrea's call for newsletter stories. Andy moves and Jane seconds approval of the amended agenda.
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-06-06 Tooling Call Jane moves approval Woody seconds. Andy abstains, approved 5/0/1.
  • Newsletter article
  • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
    • Initial list of tools developed for the Membership Task Force on the April 25th call, in classifying HL7 sponsored tooling. See email message at http://lists.hl7.org/read/messages?id=231904.
    • Spreadsheet developed with columns are the information that the Tooling WG wishes to make available about each tool according to the Tooling Strategy. This is also essentially the information that we would put on the new tooling web page proposed in the tooling strategy.
    • What do we need to include from the list on the Tools and Resources web page, or from the list of GForge projects
    • Woody and Lynn's review tossed out a number of tools that should be cleaned up elsewhere as they're only used by Woody and a few others. The group of tools under HL7 design and Publishing tooling were identified. Product Family is only proposed groupings based on the starting point from FHIR and the new business architecture. The distinction between V3 and V3 (Messaging) discussed. V3 Messaging is interaction-wrapped SMD and instances. V3 encompasses both V3 Messaging and CDA, where V3 messaging is just messaging and CDA is just CDA.
    • Need to evaluate columns to add checks, links and rows. Question marks for V3 Generator developing software for example. Andy suggests we send to the list and have people complete the rows/columns that are incomplete. Lynn will color those rows yellow for review.
    • Outreach to those having projects in GForge for information on their projects, and add the provision of this information to the HL7 endorsement process
    • If any of these tools were built and posted and not updated to current MIF that needs to be known. Jane notes we need to follow up with MIF-enabled tools' toolsmiths to ensure whether they are up to date and also their specifications supported (Datatypes or CDA R1 vs R2) - specification version and MIF version included with Documentation Link column R. Andy suggests 'artifact exchange specifications supported'? e.g. Infoway message builder uses MIF 2.1.6. Michael notes you can use transforms, so you need to know what dependencies on the transforms exist.
    • Andy suggests sending it to RIMBAA.
    • AMS suggests RELMA or LOINC tool - how do you proceed with endorsement. Lynn needs to dig it out.
    • caAdapter from caBIG from NCI but project is disbanded and the tool is still in GForge, for example.
    • We can dig out the names of those that are primary administrators on some of those tools to see if they will provide the information, but just as Woody has already added information, those that are involved with their tool will provide documentation and those that are not involved have let their tools lie fallow.
  • Wiki announcement - Andy wished to create a page for Teleconference Plan until next WGM upcoming events for topics of discussion. Lynn added the chair to each conference call agenda on the telecon agendas page.
  • Review action items -
      • Josh drafted a de facto licensing process.
      • Tooling should accept them or provide comments. Deferred for Woody's review.
      • Andy moves acceptance and Woody seconds with the change that Josh double-check the process with IBM. Andy accepts the amendment. IBM asks for a report for what you've done with your license every six months to identify what you're doing with it. When he renewed he found that HL7 was not a selectable option. Josh may need to discuss with IBM one more time to make sure that HL7 is a valid option among the educational program participants. Unanimously approved.
    • 2294 no update
    • 2445 Andy will draft and Woody review
    • 2503 Board Chair, Chair-elect, CTO and TSC Chair and along with Andy to discuss - Lynn will schedule conference call. Need Karen too. Take Jane's name off and put Andy's name instead.
    • 2506 Waiting on vocab tooling liaison
    • 2510 Ontology PSS still needs to go to Rik
    • 2511: product matrix still pending
    • 2512 Michael reports there is still email going around but doesn’t know the current status
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    • Tooling Challenge - another Q&A on Monday 6/17 4 PM

At 3:02 PM Woody moved adjournment seconded by John

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Andy will take a first pass at making the 64 bit issue wiki page into an article and Woody will review tomorrow.
  • Lynn will schedule conference call for tooling strategy.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.