2013-05-09 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration Work Group Meeting – Thursday January 17, 2013

Navigation

Thursday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Atlanta Room #12

Date: 2013-05-09
Time: Thursday Q1
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
X
X Christian Hay GS1
X Toril Reite HL7 Norway
X Brad Fonseca Canada Health Infoway
X
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 3 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • V3 Work - Interdependent Registries

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions.
The PHER group asked to add 2 things to the agenda for today:
Set of 4 documents related to vital records implementation guides
Birth v2
Birth CDA
Death v2
Death CDA
Other measure is OASIS EM project.
TEP
The WG then continued with the Harmonization of CMETs
Alexander Henket stated that there were less overlaps with the CMETs that PHER have created than the CMETs . However, the WG reviewed those differences, first in the person model. It was noted that attributes might be different.
The PHER WG asked to walk through the PA Person models to see what is covered.
After this, the PHER WG offered to review the model and see where the PHER models overlap. Alexander showed models where he has found overlaps.
This seemed to show that there are no CMET overlaps with Person and Patient. However, there may be public health CMETs developed that might overlap.
The discussion was whether we should coordinate models between work groups or whether there should be one model that PA should retain ownership.
The primary case for the PHER persons is that they cover all sides of the public health. The WG considered the possibility of merely “rolling in” the elements in the PHER CMETs that were developed for public health into the appropriate Person or Patient models within the PA domain.
The PHER WG (Joginder) will do some investigation about implementations currently using the PHER CMETs.
The two WG discussed the next steps as to whether this work will be done during telecom. It was noted that this exercise should include people that have public health expertise.
Action: Gap analysis. Alexander Joginder. This will be done off line. For now, it includes Alexander, Iryna, Amit. Erin.
The intention is to have some report out during the summer. Alexander will copy the PHER models into PA and then call out the differences. This is where we need the subject matter expertise.
Having made the decisions to work, the WG continued to look at the E_Place
Discussion of geolocation project. Reviewed CMETs for the place from PA and Public health
PHER keeps track of which organization is territorially responsible for the patient.
Risk – is identification of the hazardous materials in the area
Public health is interested in all possible things related to the person (CDA R3 is the goal to use for the public health.
Place seems like it will take more work than nonpersonlivingentity
Person
NonPersonLiving
Organization
Place
There is work to be done to see if there are overlaps for investigative subject and subjectuniversal.
Jeffrey moves and Ken seconds to adjourn.
Vote (for/against/abstain): 15/0/0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action Item:
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Atlanta Room #12

Date: 2013-05-09
Time: Thursday Q2
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X
X Toril Reite HL7 Norway
X Christian Hay GS1
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • GS1

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
The WG began with reviewing the PSS for Organization Registries for Rel 2 and the PSS for Provider Registries for Rel 2 from last year. Brad was tasked with reviewing and/or updating this PSS and give the WG direction as to whether this is ongoing work.
So, release 1 for both of these are normative.
For provider, the two implementers are Western Health Information Collaborative and NICTIZ. Brad is commuinicating to the WG that the Western Health Information Collaborative has disbanded, therefore he will need to reengage with the individual stakeholders that made up that group to see if they still want to move this work forward. Meanwhile, Brad will have also engaged VZVZ, to see if there is still interest as an implementor.
NICTIZ is about creating standards VZVZ is responsible for the national spine, which may or may not implement standards from HL7, NICTIZ, etc.
The PSS may need to be updated to also branch qualifications as opposed to expertise. This means we will more than likely have to retract this PSS and re-introduce a new PSS.
Brad moves to retract the PSS for Provider Registries Rel 2 (project ID #359) and the PSS for Organization Registries, Rel 2 (project ID #360). Christian seconds.
Action: Notify Lynn of the retraction.
Vote (for/against/abstain): 5/0/0
Action: Brad to draft project scope statements for rel 2 of Provider Registries and Organization Registries, Rel 2 targeting the May 2014 WGM, if not before.
This fulfills the agenda. Therefore, it was suggested that we try to cover some agenda items such as
Telecon times
GS1 PSS from InM
Because we did not have some of the core PA members present to try to decide on a time, the WG moved to the PSS for GS1.
The WG decided to work on updating the draft of the new PSS to use the new PSS template and refer only to V2.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)

.

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Atlanta Room # 12

Date: 2013-05-09
Time: Thursday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Nat Wong HL7 Australia
X Toril Reite HL7 Norway
X
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 3 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Identity document
  • 3 Year Work Plan Discussion (if able)

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Although the agenda shows as FHIR planning this quarter, the WG decided to handle general planning of work, including
V2 .8 Chapter 10 reconciliation line #67 – The WG has set this as referred and tracked for the changes to publishing.
Vote (for/against/abstain): 4/0/0
Next the WG reviewed the PBS Metrics
We have

  • 3 unpublished ballots – Organization Registry Rel 2 Provider Registry, Rel 2, Patient Encounter, Rel 1
  • Patient encounter to be published this next normative edition, while the WG will retract the other 2.

Action Item: Request retraction or find out the process to retract projects.

  • 1 unpublished CMETs – Personnel Management CMET – 2010 Sept WGM/Ballot

The status of it is that it is not approved either by steering division nor by technical steering division.
After carefully researching the materials, it became clear that the WG was not aware of the intent of this project. Therefore it seems a good idea to put this on hold.
Alexander Henkett moves to put this project on hold. Alex seconds.
Vote (for/against/abstain): 4/0/0

  • Projects over 120 days

Interdependent registries - Action Item: Update the deliverables milestone date for interdependent registries, #725. Line Saele will do this.
Patient Encounter Messaging # 736 – this will be published with the next NE;.
Service Delivery Location #650 – Content will be to completing Provider Registry, Organization Registry and Service Delivery location to better reflect the real world requirements of actual registries. This has two parts… first to move this under the registries portion of the NE, then, depending on the results of interdependent registries, it may mean updates to this content. If what has been defined meets the needs of the interdependent registries project #725, then this can move forward. If not, then the WG will need to update the content. The WG thinks we should put this on hold.
Alexander Henket moves to put this project which has a dependency on interdependent registry work on hold. Alex D seconds. Vote (for/against/abstain): 4/0/0

  • 5 yr anniversary reaffirmation -

Scheduling Rel 1-
Personnel Management, Rel 1 -

  • 6 Project Insight open 3 year with next milestone behind -

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Atlanta Room #12

Date: 2013-05-09
Time: Thursday Q4
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Toril Reite HL7 Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
X
X Brad Fonseca Canada Health Infoway
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Wrap up

  • Approve next ballot
  • Update work plan

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • 5 yr anniversary reaffirmation -

Scheduling Rel 1- There is a PSS for this in project insight. Awaiting Steering Division approval.
Personnel Management, Rel 1 - There is a PSS for this in project insight. Awaiting Steering Division approval.
Action Item: Send the PSSs to Pat Van Dyke as the co-chair of the Steering Division to be covered in the next conference call. Line.
Line sent a message to the PC co-chair asking for Wed Q1 and Q2 for 1)joint with PC, SOA and PA regarding interdependent registries among clinical and administrative registries.
Next we went on to address a v2.8 issue with Chapter 10 with regard to changing ARQ-4 Placer group number (EI) 00218 (10.6.1.4)and SCH-4 Placer group number (EI) 00218 (10.6.2.4) to match the data type of IAP as noted in the SCH-4 field in chapter 10, which is the steward for this element.
After researching the items, Alex de leon moved to accept the dispositions as persuasive. Barry seconded.
Vote (for/against/abstain): 3/0/0
Christian moves to adjourn. Barry seconds.
Vote: (for/against/abstain): 3/0/0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Proposed date of conference call: 1/28/13.

Agenda topics:

  • Interdependent Registries DAM Ballot Reconciliation
  • Review Jan 2013 WGM Action Items

Navigation

© 2011 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.