20121203 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
web meeting https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/286625589

Date: 2012-12-03
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd McKenzie Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Jean Duteau x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
x David Hay
. Ewout Kramer

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20121119 FMG concall and 20121126 FMG concall
  • PA resource project (Steering Division approval or quorate group FMG approval)
  • Process Management
    • Lloyd's escalation document FHIR Escalation Process
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
      • Lloyd to update page list of Resources and send the key parts for review to the list of reviewers as assigned.
      • Ewout will look for a tool that can validate links on a page.
    • Ballot process management (Lloyd) FHIR Ballot Planning
    • Assign reps for committees FMG Liasons
      • Lloyd will draft an assignment list and send it out.
  • Developing FMG Management Methodology - see FHIR Guide to Designing Resources
    • MnM process (Jean)
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
  • Naming rules for data elements (v3 or suffixes, etc) and guidance for handling history (suggested topic from Ewout via Lloyd)
  • From the list
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call 1:07 PM
  • Agenda Check - approved by general consent
  • Minutes from
  • PA resource project (Steering Division approval or quorate group FMG approval)
    • Hugh joins. Motion: Jean moves and Brian seconds approval of PA project Vote: unanimously approved. PSS will go to Steering Division (should be parallel approval process with FMG). Lynn will send to Dave Hamill.
  • Process Management
    • Lloyd's escalation document FHIR Escalation Process
      • wiki page reviewed. David asks about ballot process. Jean notes that content issues would not come to FMG unless it yields a process issue; otherwise follow the ballot process. Work Groups having content in conflict would probably come to FMG. Qualitative aspects of dimensions of the product and quality review should be reviewed well before ballot. Issues of duplication, overlap, etc. are subject to the escalation process. Second area is entertaining wishes to develop resources and fitting in to the priorities. One instance where no WG has ownership is with issues arising from the Core team (e.g. XDS). Disagreement on product priorities might be escalated to FGB as well.
      • MnM may also need to refer or escalate issues to FMG.
      • Motion: Hugh moves and Brian seconds approval of the FHIR Escalation Process as amended. Vote: Unanimously approved.
    • Lorraine joins
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
      • Discussion on RIM Mappings - is this a Methodology question? Tooling, certainly but Lloyd has been working on adaptation to OWL.
      • Ewout found a tool that can validate links on a page. Lloyd will check if it can be added to the build process. He also needs to check with Ewout and Grahame to confirm that all these functions are indeed in the build process. QA for the specification vs QA for an implementation discussed.
      • Please review and add as needed for discussion next time.
    • Ballot process management (Lloyd) FHIR Ballot Planning - n/a - ballot opened today. Be sure to participate
    • Assign reps for committees FMG Liasons
      • Assignment list was for QA of ballot review.
      • Hugh created the list, Lloyd would like to see the ones actively developing "up top". Review for further assignments next week.
  • Developing FMG Management Methodology - see FHIR Guide to Designing Resources
    • Essentially represents Lloyd's brain dump. This was reviewed by MnM. This represents an approach to documenting methodology from FGB's perspective. There is a "why" element intended for every question answered, in italics. Lorraine suggests a link to the precepts. Hugh suggests a cross-linked example.
      • Please review and comment to the list. Need priorities for what should be documented first. Need suggestions of QA criteria to ensure contents adhere to guidelines. Still need precepts from FGB.
    • MnM process (Jean)
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) - waiting on Grahame to come up with scenarios.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2012 Health Level Seven® International