This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2012-08-30 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2012-08-30
Time: 10:00 am EDT
Facilitator: Jane Curry Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Jane Curry, Co-Chair
x Tim Ireland, Co-chair
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Abdul-Malik Shakir, Shakir Consulting
x John Quinn
regrets Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - approved by general consent
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2012-08-23 Tooling Call - AMS moves and Lynn seconds approval. Approved unanimously
  • Review action items -
  • Update on V3 Generator Status (Woody) - no news; migration plans on WGM agenda for Thursday Q1.
  • GForge upgrade article for eNews - already came out in eNews on Tuesday, and further announcements will be sent to the Tooling listserv.
  • PI# 913 HL7 Tooling Challenge
    • Draft Tooling Challenge web page is demonstrated by Josh.
    • Need a list of judges and how people will submit entries (email or file upload or other). Might use GForge to upload but not allow submitters to see others' entries, and email the judging panel. Second priority would be to set up something on the web site to upload. Woody asks if we create individual projects for each submission can we delete them later? Jane asks Josh to find out if we can delete projects later (e.g. projects created for those expressing intent to participate).
    • Judges include Richard Soley of OMG and AMS so far. Woody agrees to be on the panel as well.
    • fine points of the MIF static representation discussed; Woody offers clarification:
  • Response to Grahame's draft tooling strategy
    • discussion of paid position, budgeted by Board or sponsored by member.
    • Woody finds it well-structured and understandable
    • AMS asks if tooling is meant to be by HL7 for HL7 and only coincidentally for others? FHIR tooling is meant to go past the "adapt/refine standard" point on the life cycle but most HL7 tooling is not. AMS notes that use of the tools outside HL7 should have a licensing fee.
    • Templating tools discussed.
    • Further discussion ensued on the premise that tooling should be aligned to increase membership, where access to tools is only available to members. John will add that to a list to be discussed with Chuck.
    • Reviewed draft identification of tooling stacks, missing things like decision support. V3 tool stack is related to publishing but is not a separate stack specifically for Publishing.
    • FHIR is not on this list and needs to be accommodated in future.
    • AMS thinks tooling should be more related to phase in development lifecycle rather than a particular product. Jane acknowledges the warp and weft nature of product lines and life cycles, and dependencies to vocab and RIM, mappings between products and stages.
    • Lynn will attempt to put the comments into a markup version of Grahame's document for Jane to review.
  • Adjourned 11:02 AM EDT


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Lynn will evaluate GForge project security setups for upload only
  • Josh to find out if we can delete GForge projects later (e.g. projects created for those expressing intent to participate)
  • Lynn will attempt to put the comments into a markup version of Grahame's document for Jane to review .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.