2012-01-19 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Patient Administration Work Group Meeting - Thursday January 19, 2012

Thursday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes'

Location: Regency East #3

Date: 2012-01-19
Time: Thursday Q1
Facilitator Ken Rubin Note taker SOA Scribe
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Aleksandar Bojicic Canada Infoway
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): N/A

Agenda

Agenda Topics
V3 Work - Interdependent Registries (hosted by SOA)

Supporting Documents

  • Interdependent Registries Ballot
  • Reconciliation Spreadsheet


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Joint with SOA.

The SOA WG wanted to express a recent decision discussed earlier in their workgroup. Essentially, the SOA WG has formally stated that their role will be in an advisory capacity to other work groups, not technically "owning" any projects or work products, but advising in their capacity of SOA experts. This should not, however, effect the current relationship between the PA and SOA workgroups, as our work for the Interdependent Registries has been one of PA owning the content, while SOA advises on the services aspect of the work.

Moving forward, the SOA WG requested an overview of the Interdependent Registries project. Aleksandar presented the Canada Infoway architectural blueprint. The SOA WG, in listening to their proposed implementation, encouraged a clarification of business relationships. They strongly suggested additional text to assign appropriate responsibility to the process of setting up an interdependent registries, stating that the model should include governance entities of responsibility. They stated that their should be an answer to "How does my “trust model” work?"

Later, discussions were had around the definition of directory and registry.

In reviewing the Interdependent Registries DAM, the SOA WG suggested that higher level use cases be defined for the overall effort, that then would lead to the use cases for the individual registries. As it stands now the use cases define lower level activities, without really defining the overall goal of the project.

This is a good suggestion that will be brought back to PA.

Action Item: Suggest to the PAWG the addition of "higher level" use cases that address the project objectives for Interdependent Registries. Responsible person: Alex de Leon

The chair of the SOA WG (Ken Rubin) having met with Patient Care, suggested to the PAWG that perhaps some thought should be given to a scheduling service, as there seems to be some discussion in the Patient Care WG regarding such a need. As of now, the chair is merely giving the WG a "heads up". This will be taken back to the PAWG.

In closing, the SOA WG requested a PAWG presence on a roughly once a month call, to give a status on the shared work, which at this time, only includes the interdependent registry project.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action Item: Suggest to the PAWG the addition of "higher level" use cases that address the project objectives for Interdependent Registries. Responsible person: Alex de Leon.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Garden Terrace, Suite #137

Date: 2012-01-19
Time: Thursday Q2
Facilitator Alex de Leon Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Amit Popat EPIC
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics
V3 Work - Interdependent Registries (hosted by SOA)

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

The first order of business was to congratulate our new co-chair: Line Saele!! Congratulations!

The WG continued with the comment reconciliation for interdependent registries.

The WG discovered that the DMIM was explicitly removed from the current ballot (since January 2011), therefore had to look at a CMET to discover the multiplicity of the .code for provider role.

After addressing a number of new comments from the current ballot, it became clear that the reconciliation necessitated subject matter expertise, which was not present in the room. Therefore, the WG recommended that we attempt to address these new comments with those experts.

Alexander de Leon has committed to working with Aleksandar Bojcic and Corrine Gower off line (sending interdependent registries comment spreadsheet and the DAM and asking them to disposition), then setting up a call to address the dispositions that are not in agreement. The PA listserve will be cc’ed.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • The new comments from the current ballot will be sent to the experts (Aleksandar Bojcic-Canada Infoway and Corinne Gower-HL7 New Zealand) with instructions to disposition and add disposition comments. They will then be consolidated. Soon after review, a call will be set up to address those dispositions that do not align. Responsible person: Alex de Leon

.

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Garden Terrace, Suite #137

Date: 2012-01-19
Time: Thursday Q3
Facilitator Alex de Leon Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel NICTIZ
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Plan Next Meeting.

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

The WG continued planning for the next meeting in Vancouver. Irma has been assigned the interim co-chair for Vancouver, since our new Co-Chair (Line Saele) will be unable to attend.

The 3 year work plan shows discrepancies for Person Identity Document and Patient. No work either for Service Delivery Location

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Review/update 3 year plan (Line/Alex, due after scheduled phone calls).
  • Set up Phone calls (Line/Alex, asap).
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Suite Parlor # 137, 1st Floor

Date: 2012-01-19
Time: Thursday Q4
Facilitator Line A Saele Note taker Line/Irma
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): No

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Wrap up

  • Approve next ballot
  • Update work plan

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Due to not having quorum, we changed this quarter a bit. Irma gave Line a good introduction to the harmonization work, before we adjourned early - leaving Irma with some time to work on the same topic.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • In reconciling the v3 Encounter Ballot, it became apparent that the PA WG will need to work closely with the PC WG to harmonize the encounter models.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2011 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.