2012-01-17 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Patient Administration Work Group Minutes - Tuesday January 17, 2012

Tuesday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Garden Terrace, Suite #127

Date: 2012-01-17
Time: Tuesday Q1
Facilitator Alex de Leon Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): No

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • V3 Work - Encounter (hosted by Patient Care)

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Irma, who is heading the effort to harmonize the Patient Care Care Provision Model and the Patient Administration, Encounter Model reviewed the meeting she had in Q5 yesterday with a representative with Patient Care. There was an issue: The participations of the Patient Care WG Care Provision Act and the Patient Administration WG encounter model care provision acts seem to be similar but need to be analyzed to see if their meanings support the same concepts. This is also true of the player roles that are linked to the participations.

One other challenge is the recursive relationships. For the care provision, there is a sequelTo recursive relationship element, a component3 recursive relationship element and pertinentInformation3 recursive relationship element. This means that the recursive inherits all the pertinent associations to that recursive CareProvision act.

Discussions lead to attempting to conceptualize how the CareProvision Act, Encounter Act and CareStatement should be modeled. Generally, the WG feels that the modeling of Encounter should be the same in both PA and PC. Presently, they should be harmonized with a view to the future of possibly collapsing the models into one.

It is suggested that we focus first on the participations in both models. What PA could do is to focus on our participations and see how they may fit into the PC models. The issue is that the PC has little idea of administration issues with regard to encounters. For instance, billing, insurance and reporting of encounter, are all concepts that need to be accounted for in both models.

The WG discussed the possibility of having the Encounter Act be part of the PC domain, therefore be in the Care Provision DMIM but have use of the PA RMIMs (or possibly templates) that account for the Patient Administrative concepts (financial management, etc.). We may need to go to other WGs, such as financial management, to get potential requirements so that we assure that we are accounting for the appropriate administrative items.

Patient Care is currently reviewing and updating their models. Our WG just needs to assure that the changes support the PA concerns.

Irma will start writing a proposal to describe this idea and suggest that it be discussed first in the individual workgroups with a joint session to be had in a future meeting (Vancouver, May 2012 ).

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Irma Jongeneel to write a proposal that outlines the scope and considerations for harmonizing the Patient Care "Care Provision Model" and the Patient Administration, "Encounter Model". Due ???.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Garden Terrace, Suite #137

Date: 2012-01-17
Time: Tuesday Q2
Facilitator Alex de Leon Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): No

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Encounter ballot reconciliation

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

The WG continued the discussion on the encounter models in PA and PC. Encounter hierarchy – The encounter, the episode (etc. care, illness, etc.) and care provision act. The episode should be considered in the possible solution. What “ends” and “starts” an episode should be considered along with their various methods.

The WG moved to discuss the status of the various topics on the 3 year work plan. Irma has done work and identified the status of the Person, Identity Document, Patient topics. <insert individual status per topic here>

In looking at the Encounter topics, which were collapsed into one topic, we considered the work from Norway, who would use the encounter topic. Currently, the 3 year work plan shows the encounter topics in DSTU 2011-05, until Normative 2012-05. Since the reality of the situation for the encounter topic content is that the current ballot cycle has content from the DSTU of May 2011, we will mark this content as DSTU for 2012 January (DSTU Ballot 2).

Alex will find if there are any new comments for the encounter ballot so that we can address them here. The WG will address these, if any during Q2 on Wednesday.

Irma also pointed out that the requirements for the different types of encounters (that were incorporated into the patient encounter topic) cannot be found in the current ballot. The WG needs to find how to have this incorporated into the current ballot. Suggest to add a patient encounter requirements chapter in the patient encounter topic.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Alex to see about gathering and consolidating any new comments for the encounter topic from the latest ballot cycle for use later in this WGM. Due Q3 of this working group meeting as these can be addressed if there are no attendees for the Interdependent Registry topic in Q3.If not they can be addressed in Q4, as the WG does not expect the Interdependent Registry topic to span two quarters, even if there are stakeholders present.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Garden Terrace, Suite #137

Date: 2012-01-17
Time: Tuesday Q3
Facilitator Alex de Leon Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Beat Heggli HL7 Switzerland
X Aleksandar Bojicic Canada Infoway
X Marc Koehn
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Interdependent Registries.

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

The Interdependent Registries DAM was discussed during this session, both the status of the DAM and the representation in the tooling (Enterprise Architect, aka EA). Alexander presented the document as has been imported into the EA tool, and the work to bring it to match the balloted documentation as closely as possible. Then the actual model was opened and discussed to assure it is aligned with the efforts previously discussed, as we had a representative from Canada Infoway, who has a stake in this effort. This stakeholder (Aleksandar Bojicic) confirmed that he will be able to attend the joint session with SOA on Thursday, Q1, to discuss the current status of the project and ballot documentation.

A motion was made by Irma to lower the quorum for the duration of the working group meeting to chair plus 2, in order to continue conducting business through voting. Second by Beat. The WG considered this an appropriate motion, given the low PAWG attendance the previous quarters.

Vote(For/Against/Abstain): 4/0/0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Garden Terrace, Suite# 137

Date: 2012-01-17
Time: Tuesday Q4
Facilitator Alex de Leon Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Marc Koehn .
X Amit Popat EPIC
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Interdependent Registries.

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

The WG moved forward to try to identify any new encounter comments from the current ballot the documentation of which has not changed from the last ballot, rather than continue with the scheduled interdependent registries topic.

After comparing the current amalgamated comments recon spreadsheet, it was discovered that we have 51 new comments. The WG continued to attempt to reconcile these comments. The WG was able to reconcile 2 items this quarter before adjournment.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2011 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.