2011-05-18 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Patient Administration Work Group Minutes - Wednesday May 18, 2011

Wednesday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room Orange Blossom

Date: 2011-05-18
Time: Wednesday Q1
Facilitator Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
. Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Espen Moeller Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
. Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • V2.8 - New proposals

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

There were no new v2.x proposals. The WG decided to continue with the reconciliation of the ballot comments for encounter.

Within the encounter reconciliation ballot, item 36 (relating to section 6.7.15 / 6.7.16 of the encounter ballot) was discussed at length.

The balloter’s comment reads: These interactions use one shared payload R-MIM, which in no way distinguishes between the type of relationship between the encounters. The R-MIM, modeled using perstinentInformation, is too weak to express the semantics. Either a) expose the semantics in the R-MIM to distinguish between different types of Encounter linkages, or b) create one generic 'link encounters' interaction. Exposing the semantics may require the introduction of a CareProvision act, for it is that act (of a particular type, e.g. transplant or delivery) which binds the two encounters

The resulting disposition reads: The semantics of the link (why the encounters are being linked) are conveyed by the trigger event type code in the control act wrapper. However, the work group will provide guidance regarding source and target encounters in the Interaction walk through

In the discussion, it was decided that the WG will clarify this in the description of the interactions Specifically, the WG will specify the source as the baby and target as the mother in that interaction and the source as the recipient and the target as the donor. .

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Wednesday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room 674

Date: 2011-05-18
Time: Wednesday Q2
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
. Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Espen Moeller Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): No

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 - Scheduling domain

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

There were neither stakeholders nor any new items for the scheduling domain.

The WG therefore decided to discuss publishing duties moving to the future for in consideration of the move from the current publishing facilitator to the new publishing facilitator volunteer.

The WG walked through the publication process, including the walking through the publication database. Gregg volunteered to package the current artifacts for encounters for a “baseline” set to be take on by the new publishing facilitator (Alexander Henket).

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Wednesday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room 774

Date: 2011-05-18
Time: Wednesday Q3
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
. Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Espen Moeller HL7 IKT Norway
. Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
. Amit Popat EPIC
. Ioana Singureanu VHA
. Ron Parker Canada Infoway
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Approve Sydney minutes
  2. Plan next meeting Draft Agenda
  3. V3 Work - Harmonization proposals

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Wednesday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room 774

Date: 2011-05-18
Time: Wednesday Q4
Facilitator Jay Zimmerman Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
. Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
. Jane Daus McKesson
X Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
. Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Espen Moeller HL7 IKT Norway
. Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
. Amit Popat EPIC
. Ioana Singureanu VHA
. Ron Parker Canada Infoway
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Harmonization proposals
  2. AdministrativeContactRoletype concept domain [1]
  3. ServiceDeliveryLocation concept domains

Supporting Documents


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Harmonization proposals

AdministrativeContactRoleType proposal - There is a need to allow context binding to a different realm. Today it is fixed in a specific value set. This proposal seeks to add a concept domain for an existing value set to allow for context binding to different realm.


Motion (made by Wendy/ seconded by Alexander H.): For PA to endorse the AdministrativeContactRoleType proposal for inclusion in the July 2011 harmonization meeting.

Discussion:
The WG discussed the recommendation details and updated the definition to: "Indicates the primary purpose for which this contact information is appropriate"

Vote (for/against/abstain): 4/0/0 (for/against/abstain)

Service Delivery Location Domains document proposal - Proposal to constrain Service definition by adding the concept domain ActServiceDeliveryLocationService. There was a discussion as to whether this concept domain should be constrained to the service delivery location or allow it to be reused and not tied to the service delivery location.

There was a discussion to create a hierarchy of concept domains to allow for use at a generalized level and one or more specified levels. The proposal was modified to first add the concept domain ActServiceType under ActCode with the definition of "Concept representing the categorization of health services." Under this would be a additon of the concept domain ActServiceDeliveryLocationService.

Next within this proposal, the WG discussed the the facility LocationIdentifiedEntityRoleType and modified the descriptions for he 3 concepts JURID LOCHFID and ACHFID.

Note that once we get the concept domain added, we should put in the IdentifiedLocation IdentifiedEntityType.

The ServiceDeliveryLocationPlaceType was reviewed next. Instead of the PlaceEntityType the proposal seeks to add the ServiceDeliveryLocationPlaceType while adding CAMP (campus location) and MOBILE (mobile unit). There was a question as to what the difference between CAMP and the current BLDG. It was also noted that the PLACE class has a mobile indicator which means that CAMP would not be needed.

Motion: (made by Wendy/ seconded by Alexander H.): For PA to endorse the addition of ActServiceType under ActCode. The second to add ActServiceDeliverLocationServiceType under ActServiceType. The third is to add LocationIdentifiedEntityRoleType under IdentifiedEntitRoleType and add three codes for types of location identifiers.

Discussion: This will be taken forward.

Vote (for/against/abstain): 4/0/0 (for/against/abstain)

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2011 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.