2011-05-16 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Patient Administration Work Group Minutes - Monday May 16, 2011

Monday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room 774

Date: 2011-05-16
Time: Monday Q1
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
. Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
. Barry Guinn EPIC
. Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): No

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Welcome/introductions

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Quorum was not reached this quarter.

The week's agenda was reviewed by the WG:

During Monday, the WG highlighted Q2 joint with Patient Safety. On Tuesday, V3 Work Q1 hosted by Patient Care regarding OUH Encounter model which has had little work done. Also during that quarter the one-slide Interdependent Registry presentation will be shown.

Some discussion was had around Scheduling during Q2 on Wednesday. The WG made the observation that it has not seen any activity for this in V3 lately.

There do not seem to be any harmonization proposals for Wednesday Q3 and Q4, but the WG will address this more during those quarters.

Reconciliation of Interdependent Registries Ballot will be handled during a joint session with SOA WG on Thursday Q1. The observation was made that we will have to decide the next steps after the reconcilliation.

It was noted the need for a publishing facilitator. Alexander Henket expressed interest to fill this roll. The WG was amenable to this appointment.

The mission and charter was then reviewed. There was discussion whether these will be reviewed once a year in January as is done in some other WGs. This can be voted upon once quorum is reached. and i The WG reviewed the Decision Making Practices and noted that this is consistent with current requirements.

During the review of the Work Plan from January 2011 it was noted that updates are needed. The work plan also shows work for Person, Identity Document, Patient and Service Delivery Location to we worked on this WGM which is currently is not on the agenda. The WG discussed whether this should remain for work this meeting. HL7 Netherlands, who had work within this area, prefers to keep this active as work rather than withdraw. The WG discussed separating out the encounter work into it's own section. This is already a separate topic.

There was a discussion that the WG add Service Delivery Location topic to Personnel Management and create a project proposal for Personnel Management release 2, to include Service Delivery Location and Human Resource/Regulatory. After research it was clear that in January 2009, the Human Resource/Regulatory was dropped from Release 2 of Personnel Management. HL7 Netherlands and Candada Inforway have stakes as they currently have implmentations within these topics. The WG looked into retreiving the documents from 2006 for inclusion within Release 2 of Personnel Management for DSTU.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .


Monday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room 674

Date: 2011-05-16
Time: Monday Q2
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
. Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
. Barry Guinn EPIC
. Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): No

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work – Regarding GS1 taskforce on patient identifiers (hosted by Patient Safety

Supporting Documents

Presentation

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

The joint workgroups reviewed the Christian Hay Presentation

Discussion of the GS1 presentation. GS1 Solutions & Services using GS1 Standards Bar Codes, Ecom, GDSN , EPCglobal (RGID-based, etc.)

The presentation defined a New work item proposal - Patient ID, Caregiver ID.

Definitions: • Patient = Subject of Care (SoC) • Patient ID = Subject of care identification (SoCi) • Caregiver = Individual Provider, • Hospital, etc. = Healthcare Provider • Wristband = Identification Band

It was noted this effort is concerned with data capture, not with the data storage.

Gregg presented the standards work regarding Real Time Location Topic, regarding the patient tag. The intent is to be sure that these efforts are compatible. It was noted that the scope for the work in PA is more constrained than what is being proposed here. The proposed identifier within Patient Care is intended to be understood from institution to institution whereas with the PA standard, the scope is limited to particular facility. Timeline is for the GS1 work to be done. The group proposed continuing joint meetings between Patient Care and Patient Administration. A joint session will be set for the fall WGM (San Diego).

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .


Monday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room 774

Date: 2011-05-16
Time: Monday Q3
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
. Jane Daus McKesson
X Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
. Barry Guinn EPIC
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Espen Moeller HL7 IKT Norway
. Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
. Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Encounter ballot reconciliation.

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

The WG has achieved quorum the WG decided to continue with voting on the agenda.

  • Motion (Made by Jay/ Seconded by Wendy): Approve the agenda.
  • Discussion:
  • Vote: 5/0/0 (for, against, abstain)

The WG reviewed the reconciliation spreadsheet and began by addressing the negative ballot votes.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .


Monday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room 774

Date: 2011-05-16
Time: Monday Q4
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
. Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
. Barry Guinn EPIC
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Espen Moeller HL7 IKT Norway
. Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
. Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Encounter ballot reconciliation.

Supporting Documents


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

The WG continued with the review of the reconciliation of the encounter ballot spreadsheet.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2011 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.