V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20120622

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Return to: V3 Publishing Main Page > V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes > 2012

Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2012-06-22
Time: 12:00-1:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Woody Beeler (GWB) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
× Hans Buitendyjk (HB) Seimans
Pete Gilbert (PG)
Alexander Henket (AH) E.Novation
× Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC/CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
× Brian Pech (BP) Kaiser-Permanente
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
Rob Savage (RS)
× Michael Tan (MT) NICTIZ
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings June 8 and June 15
  3. Announcements
  4. Patient Care - question on need to reballot
    • Michael Tan has question on substantive change
  5. Structured Docs - deadline dates on Comment Ballot
  6. Order & Observations -XML Tag Names changing
  7. Order & Observations -proposal for Release 2 Backward compatible datatypes
  8. Normative Edition Status
  9. Update on Action Items
    • AS will produce chart/model/diagram to create a visual image of the Publishing Workflow
    • GWB will follow up with Security model to determine if it can be opened and updated
    • AS will create Publishing Steps Wiki page
    • AS needs to add super process documentation on wiki for new Publishing Process steps
    • GWB needs to add documentation on non-domain quick publishing step
  10. Notes from Don Lloyd
  11. Around the table
  12. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
  13. Adjourn

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda
    • Called to order 12:07 pm Eastern
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings June 8 and June 15
    • Motion: Approve minutes for June 8 AK/DL 2-0-1 (HB abstain)
  3. Announcements
    • NIB: 26 so far
  4. Patient Care - question on need to reballot
    • MT joined
    • Passed ballot, some changes were made as part of reconciliation
    • AK, DSTU or Normative. DL was a Normative
    • Changed Encounter Model should be extended, missing description, copy and paste from PA document
    • Added any new classes or attributes, extra walkthrough, causes it to be substantive
    • V3 Substantivity guide is published as part of each ballot
    • Could reconsider the changes to be part of a next release
    • DL: would this cover the addition of query parameters? AK: yes, would add attributes to a model
    • AK: do changes add clarification without changing meaning? Upon consideration this likely would constitute substantive change.
    • Patient Care can appeal the suggestion to the TSC.
    • MT will discuss with Patient Care WG
  5. Structured Documents: dates for Draft Comment
    • July 8 is deadline for CMETs being balloted as draft for comment
  6. Order & Observations: XML Tag Names changing
    • XML Tag Names had changed from a prior version - ballot comment
    • Is possible for editors to submit MIF files? Request to Publishing
      • DL do not change
      • AS submitting the MIF may not
        • Action: AS will set up Tooling call with Gunther, Lloyd and Woody to see if name change can be resolved
  7. Order & Observations: Proposal for Release 2 Backward compatible datatypes
    • Negative raised in ballot that move to release 2 unnecessarily impacted impacted implementors
    • Can CPM be published in both R1.1 and R2?
      • AK WG should shoulder the responsible of ensuring that previous datatype works correctly
      • This would be a one-off
      • HB: Suggest Gunther, Keith Thomas, Hans, Patrick, Woody, Andy, Paul Knapp, Hugh Glover meet to discuss ways forward; HB will coordinate
  8. Normative Edition Status
    • no update
  9. Adjourned 13:01 pm Eastern.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .