V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20111111

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2011-11-11
Time: 12:00-1:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Andy Stechishin (AS) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
Pete Gilbert (PG)
× Alexander Henket (AH) E.Novation
× Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC/CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Joginder Madra (JM) Gordon Point Informatics
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
Rob Savage (RS)
Michael Tan (MT) NICTIZ
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings November 4
  3. Announcements
  4. Update on Action Items
    • AS will produce chart/model/diagram to create a visual image of the Publishing Workflow
    • AS will update the Publishing Request form and the Notice of Intent to Ballot form to include a CMET list
  5. Policy on Ballot Patches
  6. Notes from Don Lloyd
  7. Around the table
  8. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
  9. Adjourn

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda
    • Called to order 12:05 pm Eastern
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings November 4
    • Minutes not posted
  3. Announcements
    • Preview site available Monday
  4. Update on Action Items
    • AS will produce chart/model/diagram to create a visual image of the Publishing Workflow
      • AS has begun work on this item
    • AS will work on creating a list for each Work Group containing CMET Name and ID to allow the WG to select on the publishing request
      • This was raised in the CMET project, will be added to the list of work items.
  5. Patching policy
    • DL not published to list yet, will post shortly, group will vote next call
  6. Note from DL
    • No notes other than ballot schedule
  7. Around the Table
    • AK
      • Security DAM in RSA archive format
        • Previous format was PDF
        • AH: Should HL7 produce template?
        • GWB: HL7 then needs to do so for every modelling tool
        • AK: Issue is not supplied in same format as was previously
        • AK: Will pub take the current format?
        • GWB: Format has always been PDF
        • DL Have accepted the model files (in addition to PDF) to be downloaded
        • AK Pub cannot accept the EA archive file
        • GWB Question to Security, has the models changed? or just the text. Can edit the text in the PDF
        • Motion: GWB/AK We will not accept PDF file that were generated without access to the core source templates that generated the PDF - unanimous
    • AH
      • Question for DL: Did you get any input from Kaiser-Permanente on integrated registries (DAM format) - No
      • Can update something that should be in Scheduling, No NIB submitted for scheduling can this be done?
        • DL found an issue but not balloting
        • AK go back and see if there is a project
        • GWB need to produce new release of old standard
        • DL there is a PI id, last ballot 2000-Sep
        • GWB could announce a draft for comment, for future release
      • Notice to Balloter: struggle to put together release notes
        • GWB: goes in 2nd domain, DL has specifics
        • AH Any convention on format or paragraphs
        • AH will look in Publishing Facilitator guide and if cannot find will create tracker to update
    • GWB
      • Spent time looking at XSL-FO for publishing
      • working with new format, has been able to produce
      • Can link into script if required
      • DL has been working with new release that limits to a specific topic
        • GWB need to do documentation for this item, concerned about time
        • AS would like to check his schedule next week and see if he call help
      • Survey of who is still using 2002
        • Do doodle poll
        • Group suggested determining which version of Visio being used, which version would be preferred, are there any reasons that prevent an update from 2002
  8. Adjourned 12:52 pm Eastern.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • AS will produce chart/model/diagram to create a visual image of the Publishing Workflow
  • AS will work on creating a list for each Work Group containing CMET Name and ID to allow the WG to select on the publishing request
  • Doodle Poll to determine Visio versions used
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .