V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20110617

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2011-06-17
Time: 12:00-1:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Woody Beeler (GWB) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
Pete Gilbert (PG)
× Alexander Henket (AH) E.Novation
Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC/CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Joginder Madra (JM) Gordon Point Informatics
Mary-Kay McDaniel (MK)
Dale Nelson (DN)
× Gregg Seppala (GS) Veteran's Administration
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
× Rob Savage (RS)
× Michael Tan (MT)
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Role call and agenda
  3. Approve Minutes of previous meetings June 10
  4. Ballot items from PHER File:PHER MAY-2011-ballot-refer-PubWG.doc
  5. Approve PSS for Scratchpad Workspace
    • Joint project with Electronic Services
  6. Notes from Don Lloyd
  7. Reference by ID discussion Look at Gforge Request Items for V3 Generator and RMIM Designer
  8. Around the table
  9. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
    2. How to handle updates to Publishing Facilitator Guide
  10. Adjourn


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda review and approval
    • Called to order 12:10 pm Eastern
    • AH add reference by ID
      • Feature request on RMIM designer
    • Motion: Approve agenda with additions from AH RS/DL unanimous
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings June 10
    • Minutes were not posted yet, hold over to next week
  3. Ballot items from PHER File:PHER MAY-2011-ballot-refer-PubWG.doc
    • Change the document identifier for clarity in some DAM
      • GWB: do document identifiers go to ANSI?
      • Take v3 out of formal name, make it HL7 formal model
      • Note it will not change the various HL7 V3 logo appearances on the screen (upper left corner)
      • We would prefer not to publish material that are not specific to HL7 v3 on a separate site
      • Can remove the HL7 v3 branding that occurs but cannot guarantee to remove all, we will work toward making the site more inclusive
      • Need to enquire, when DAMs submitted, if the document is tied closely to a messaging/other standard
      • Motion: Make appearance of DAM more universal in HL7 space in the ballot site, starting with doc tittle and ids and moving to other elements of the ballot site working in SAIF RS/AS unanimous
    • Andy Spooner had difficulty navigating to document to download to review
      • How difficult is to make link on ballot desktop go directly to DAM, DL not able to handle query on website currently
      • Will defer to see if there is a quicker way in for the HL7 'outsider'
      • DL assume HL7 person knows where to find DAM and do direct link on the ballot desktop
      • Publishing is aware of the need, will continue to refine our solution
  4. Approve PSS for Scratchpad Workspace
    • Updated PSS not posted yet, AS gave overview will approve after PSS is available
  5. Notes from Don Lloyd
    • in adding CPM initial presentation of domain is correct, need to take into account Gunther had added sequencing to MIF, GWB will investigate to verify that this does not form an exception to MnM rules
  6. Reference by ID discussion Look at Gforge Request Items for V3 Generator and RMIM Designer
    • Best mechanism would be to treat all CMET reference as static model reference
    • GWB will debate with Lloyd McKenzie on the best approach
    • Ballpark target to implement is after September WGM
    • Add follow up discussion to agenda next week
  7. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
    2. Approve PSS for Scratchpad Workspace
    3. How to handle updates to Publishing Facilitator Guide
    4. Update on Reference by ID
  8. Adjourned 1:03 pm Eastern.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
  • AS will produce chart/model/diagram to create a visual image of the Publishing Workflow
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .