V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20110610

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2011-06-10
Time: 12:00-1:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Andy Stechishin (AS) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
Pete Gilbert (PG)
× Alexander Henket (AH) E.Novation
Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC/CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Joginder Madra (JM) Gordon Point Informatics
Mary-Kay McDaniel (MK)
Dale Nelson (DN)
× Gregg Seppala (GS) Veteran's Administration
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
Rob Savage (RS)
× Michael Tan (MT)
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings June 3
  3. Approve Orlando WGM Minutes
  4. Overview of SVN update process
    • Examine the workflow in detail to document for the Publishing Facilitator's Guide
  5. Notes from Don Lloyd
  6. Around the table
  7. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
    2. How to handle updates to Publishing Facilitator Guide
  8. Adjourn

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda
    • Called to order 12:16 pm Eastern
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings June 3
    • Motion: Approve as posted GS/AH 4-0-0
  3. Approve Orlando WGM Minutes
    • Motion: Approve GWB/MT 4-0-1
  4. Overview of SVN update process
    • Examine the workflow in detail to document for the Publishing Facilitator's Guide
      • v3-pub-gen-migration under xmlpublishing project in GForge
      • v3-ballot-package/V3BallotsFeb2007 managed all ballots from 2007 onwards though 2010Sep
      • v3-pub-gen-migration started in Aug 2010, ballot from 2010jan 2011jan and 2011May
      • v3-editions - all editions including initial NE2011
      • universal-content (2009 in v3-pub-gen-migration)
        • Alternate directory structure (better separation of graphics and models)
        • Dual id on domains
          • uvpa for ballots
          • nepa for normative
    • Commit privileges to v3-ballot-pkg (some fac), v3-editions and pub-gen-migration is limited to on and co-chairs (Pub)
    • Notions:
      1. universalcontent is intended as WG version control area - any facilitator can get to it
      2. V3 Ballot, NE, and pub-gen are controlled by Publishing Administrator (DL) and Publishing co-chairs, read access to all facilitators
      3. Submission is
        1. Post to universal content, let Don know to pick it up
          • DL will collect, review, Q/A
          • Process to preview and subsequently to SVN (ballot or NE)
        2. As a exception, content are sent in a ZIP file
        • We tag the releases in SVN (for ballot usually around ballot close)
    • Objective:
      • Change input structure of pub-gen and NE to "universal content" structure (does not include the distinction between uvpa and nepa, but it could)
    • Other steps include:
      • CMET submissions
      • CMET PubDB
      • Topic-level publishing and merging
      • Non-domain content by ZIP - needs to be directory-structured
    • Action: AS will produce a flow chart describing the process. This image will form part of the Publishing Facilitator's Guide
  5. Notes from Don Lloyd
    • No time
  6. Around the table
    • No time
  7. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
    2. How to handle updates to Publishing Facilitator Guide
  8. Adjourned 1:30 pm Eastern.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • AS will produce chart/model/diagram to create a visual image of the Publishing Workflow
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .