V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20100721

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2010-04-28
Time: 04:00-05:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Andy Stechishin (AS) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
× Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
× Pete Gilbert (PG)
× Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC / CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Joginder Madra (JM) Gordon Point Informatics
Mary-Kay McDaniel (MK)
Dale Nelson (DN)
× Gregg Seppala (GS) Veteran's Administration
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
Rob Savage (RS)
× Anita Walden (AW) Duke University
× Dave Carlson (DC) Guest
× Amnon Shabo (AS) Guest
× Wilfred Bonney (WB) Guest
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meeting July 14
  3. Publishing Structured Documents Implementation Guides
    • Dave Carlson and Amnon Shabo
  4. Discussion of Terms "SHOULD", "MUST", etc. versus RFC2119
  5. Around the table
  6. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
    2. Discussion of Terms "SHOULD", "MUST", etc. versus RFC2119
    3. Updates to Publishing Facilitator Guide
  7. Adjourn


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda
    • Accepted as posted
    • Called to order 11:05 am Eastern
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meeting July 14
    • Motion: (GWB/GS) unanimous
  3. Publishing Structured Documents Implementation Guides using MDHT
    • AM has produced the Genetic Testing Report implementation guide for Sept, 2010 ballot using the MDHT. AM is working with DC to pilot the use of the MDHT as a tool for the capturing on the criteria for the implementation guide and then the process to actually build the physical guide in various formats: HTML, PDF, Eclipse Help and more.
    • GWB wondered about use of artefacts, could the source artefact be integrated into the current publishing process
    • DC presented a demonstration of MDHT for the creation of a CDA implementation guide. DC walked through the data entry screens, showed how entry of additional wrapping text was done. DC then walked through the document generation process and showed some of the possible outputs. There was discussion on the use of DITA and some of the tools: DITA-OT, oXygen, and the Syntex Serna editor. There was also discussion in the separation of the generated DITA files and the hand-produced. DC also showed some of the capabilities of the DITA map which allowed the embedding of conditional output in a single input file with the selection made for the appropriate level of detail encoded in the map. DC then showed some of the various output formats.
    • GWB worried about multiple threads of development.
    • DC: Is generated PDF acceptable for ballot?
    • DC also wondered if we could arrive at a DITA based format that is common for MIF based models
    • The general consensus was that the PDF that the process produced was suitable for publishing although this had primarily been determined by Structured Document in the past.
  4. Adjourned 12:08 am Eastern.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items