V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20100714

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2010-04-28
Time: 04:00-05:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Woody Beeler (GWB) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
Pete Gilbert (PG)
× Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC / CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Joginder Madra (JM) Gordon Point Informatics
Mary-Kay McDaniel (MK)
Dale Nelson (DN) II4SM
× Gregg Seppala (GS) Veteran's Administration
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
× Rob Savage (RS)
Anita Walden (AW) Duke University
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings June 16
  3. Special time for July 21 Teleconference
    • Publishing Structured Documents Implementation Guides
    • Dave Carlson and Amnon Shabo hoping to join
  4. Discussion of Terms "SHOULD", "MUST", etc. versus RFC2119
  5. Notes from Don Lloyd
  6. Around the table
  7. Future Business

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda
    • Called to order 04:07 pm Eastern
  2. Review minutes of June 16
    • Motion: Accept (AK/GS) unanimous
  3. Special time of 11:00 AM Eastern for July 21 teleconference.
    • GS: OK AK: OK
    • AS will schedule
  4. Use of terms "should", "must", etc. in HL7 versus RFC2119 definitions
    • Need more research on how HL7 has defined the terms. AK found the definitions in the publishing facilitator guide
    • There was concern in the group that HL7 may already have multiple definition (CDA may not align). AK found that the CDA IG points back to the Publishing Facilitator Guide
    • HL7 2.x may not supply a definition
    • AS will research RFC2119, determine differences and report back to group.
  5. Notes from Don Lloyd
    • On vacation
  6. Around the Table
    • No updates
  7. Adjourned 04:28 pm Eastern.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • AS: Set up special meeting time for July 21
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Discussion on Implementation Guides for CDA