V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20100505

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Minutes Template

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location:

Date: 2010-05-05
Time: 04:00-05:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Woody Beeler (GWB) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB)
× Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
Pete Gilbert (PG)
× Austin Kreisler (AK)
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Joginder Madra (JM) Gordon Point Informatics
Mary-Kay McDaniel (MK)
Dale Nelson (DN) II4SM
× Gregg Seppala (GS) Veteran's Administration
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
Rob Savage (RS)
× Anita Walden (AW) Duke University
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve previous meeting minutes
  3. Normative Edition
  4. CMET Management
  5. Discussion on support of V2 Publishing
  6. Publishing Facilitator's Guide
  7. Around the Table

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Called to order at 4:05 pm Eastern and agenda accepted
  2. Previous minutes were not ready and not approved
  3. Normative Edition
    • Close, GWB continues with Q/A work, DL is reviewing CMETs
    • GS indicated some discrepancies between his version and the preview
      • Do the storyboard graphics need release number and extension? DL: yes
      • GS would make the necessary changes and commit
    • NE will contain both Datatype releases, there is a need to include a preface describing the current state of Abstract Datatype Release 2.
  4. CMET Mangement
    • AS indicated he would be taking on the task
    • GS: Is there a release 8 of the CMETs?
      • Rel 9 was Sep09, Rel 10 is this year, Jan08 is Rel 7
  5. Support of V2 Publishing
    • GWB prefer to send a general request for help in supporting the V2 team
    • AK would look at setting up a joint meeting
  6. Publishing Facilitator's Guide
    • Question to group: Is it possible to vote negative but refer to the Publishing Facilitator's Guide (PubFacGuide)?
    • After some discussion, AK agreed to take on the task of updating some sections that were deficient. AS would ensure there was a project in Project Insight to cover work. GS believed some content had gone missing, AS would check with Helen Stevens Love. AS would also create a wiki page to identify, coordinate, and track work on the PubFacGuide.

Motion: Begin to update PubFacGuide and glossary by both review with WG and establish a draft for comment pool in September 2010 ballot to invite specific comments for change in both, the intent is to treat the comment recieved as a peer review. AS/AK unanimous

  1. Around the Table
    • AW had some questions on the management of the ballot.
      • Log in to HL7 site as a co-chair, go to the ballot site, retrieve the spreadsheet and the macro, DL prepares the ballot package at the end of close of the cycle.
    1. Adjourned 5:21 pm Eastern.


Meeting Outcomes

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .
Next call is after Rio WGM