PCCR-033-Support for Vaccination Records
|Description||Support for Vaccination Records|
|Submitted by||Alean Kirnak|
Vaccine Forecast Decision Support would like to make use of CareRecord as a payload format for passing data to and from the service. The required input is an immunization history and other medical summary data. The output is a validated immunization history and a recommendation for vaccines to be administered. Add-ing the following data elements will allow CareRecord to be used for this decision support and possibly other decision support applications.
(1) Need a way to express an immunization in terms of the diseases it targets - i.e. combo vaccines need to broken into doses by disease (shots vs. doses). For in-stance, Vaccine Family (targeted disease) expressed by dose (as opposed to by shot - combo vaccines may have more than one)
(2) Need to be able to show 3 separate groups within substanceAdministration tag: a.) Reported, b.) Validated by dose, including a way to express an invalid dose c.) Forecasted (which may repeat for different jurisdictions)
(3) EffectiveTime needs to include effectiveTime/low, effectiveTime/optimum, and effectiveTime/high
(4) Need a Partial Dose flag.
(5) CareRecord should be harmonized with POIZ. Investigation shows the two standards are already very close.
Fields needed by CareRecord include: a) confidentialityCode; b) uncertaintyCode.
A few tag names are also different but it may be better to either ignore the differ-ences or modify POIZ, which is also in DSTU. These include:
POIZ tag names:
vs CareRecord tag names:
Patient Care Topic / Artefact