This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

INM Closed Action Items - closed latest during the September 2007 WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This page contains CLOSED INM action items. Action items will be copied over from the open action items lists upon closure of the item.

ITEM: 1 Closed

Opened: 12-Jan-03 We need to document difference between abstract specification and XML ITS DataTypes. Andrew H will get list of differences from Paul Biron.

  • 05-Jan-04 , Grahame Grieve , New , XML
    • INM Telcon: Grahame reported that this is still in progress
  • 06-May-04 , Grahame Grieve , Open , XML
    • Still open – slated for release 2
  • 30-Sep-04 , Grahame Grieve , Open , XML
    • CQ WGM: deferred and slated for R2
  • 24-Jan-05 , Grahame Grieve , Open , XML
    • INM WGM Orlando: no change
  • 02-May-05 , Grahame Grieve , Open , XML
    • INM WGM Noordwijkerhout: no change
  • 05-May-05 , Grahame Grieve , Defered , XML
    • we still think this is a good idea, but no progress yet. May happen as part of R2
  • 15-Sep-05 , Paul Biron , Open , XML
    • 20050915 WGM Give to Paul – part of a way to generate requirements for R2
  • 28-Nov-05 , Paul Biron , Reviewed , XML
    • 20051128 Paul will try to have content for Phoenix
  • 28-Nov-05 , Paul Biron , Reviewed , XML
    • 20060626 Reassign to Grahame
  • 26-Jun-06 , Grahame , Reassigned, XML
  • 20060511 SAT WGM Close because superceded by other work in progress – UML ITS.


ITEM: 27 Closed.

Opened: 26-Jan-05 Old Item: 215 Present Units proposal to Facilitators Roundtable on Jan 27

  • 26-Jan-05 , Grahame Grieve , New , vocab
    • INM/Vocab WGM Orlando: Agreed to prepare a proposal for Faciliator’s Roundtable. Within the PQ datatype Unit: change from CS to CV and allow the domain to be set in the model. Could set a domain and call it
  • 04-May-05 , Grahame Grieve , Open , vocab
    • Changed from New to Open, assigned Grahame.
  • 14-Sep-05 , Grahame Grieve , Open , vocab
    • 20050914: IM WGM San Diego: Close – Stan has developed proposal
  • 28-NOV-05 , Grahame Grieve , Open , vocab
    • 20051128: Open pending verification
  • 20060510: InM WGM SanAntonio – May be that units will be bound to either UCUM or SNOMED. Remains open until the issue of modification to the PQ data type is resolved, so that it may reference the PQR.
  • 20060510: InM WGM SanAntonio – Stan discussed with Guenther. Stan reviewed the item with the group. Guenther found no problem with the example. Closed.


ITEM: 32 (closed)

ITEM: 34

Opened: 28-Jan-05 Old Item: 222

Need to create a controlAct wrapper for “event replay”.

  • 20050128, INM Chairs, New
    • INM WGM Orlando: Added. Need to create a controlAct wrapper for “event replay”. Pharmacy has a use-case for a message that shows all controlActs(+detectedIssue) related to a single order. This can be implemented today as a shared message. If implemented as a wrapper this would require that the tools support stubs with exit points. (transmission wrapper - controlAct - order - 1..n - historic control acts)
  • 20051103, INM Chairs, open
    • Rene: will remain open until such a time when the control act domains are up for ballot again. Lloyd McKenzie will have to provide input in this.
  • 20051128, INM Chairs, Reviewed
    • No Update
  • 20060915 WGM: Lloyd: actually, query with history, not event replay. Requireas a control act CMET, not a new wrapper. Close issue.

ITEM: 108 Closed(see 1076)

ITEM: 109 Closed

ITEM: 110 (Closed)

Opened: 02-May-05 Old Item: 407

Complete the documentation for Option #2 and resolve the format of the URN (Data Types)

  • 02-May-05 , Charlie McCay , New , Attachments and II/IIRef ** Noorwijkerhout
  • 28-Nov-05 , Charlie McCay , Open , MCCI
    • 20051128 INM Telcon: Move to MCCI
  • 20060110, Charlie McKay, Open
    • 20060110: WGM: Probably URI instead of URN – related to IIRef discussion. No update.
  • 20060412, Charlie McKay, Open, Data types
    • 20060412: Charlie McKay: part of datatypes R2 work - will require a proposal.
  • 20060914 Paul claims this is done. See minutes in 20060511 Q1 item #7

ITEM: 179 (Closed)

Closed: 28-Jun-2006 .

ITEM: 965 - Closed

Closed: 26-Jun-2006

ITEM: 975 Closed

Closed: 26-Jun-2006

ITEM: 1004 Closed

Opened: 03-Oct-05 Old Item: 0 20051003: Post Project Scope for Data Types Abstract and related documents XML ITS DT and UML.

  • 03-Oct-05 , Grahame Grieve , New , ITS
    • 20051003: Post Project Scope for Data Types Abstract and related documents XML ITS DT and UML.

20051114: open, deferred to May ballot

    • 20060112 PHX WGM: No change
  • 20060511 SAT WGM: Completed

ITEM: 1005 (Closed)

Opened: 03-Oct-05 Old Item: 0 20051003: Prepare RFI for Data Types Abstract

  • 03-Oct-05 , Grahame Grieve , New , Data Types
    • 20051003: INM Telcon: Prepare RFI for Data Types Abstract. Needs to be approved and posted by Oct 17.
  • Open, deferred to may ballot
  • 20060112 PHX WGM: No change
  • 20060511 SAT WGM No change
  • 20060914 Done ages ago.

ITEM: 1006

Opened: 03-Oct-05 Old Item: 0 20051003: Prepare RFI for XML ITS Data Types

  • 03-Oct-05 , Grahame Grieve , New , XML ITS
    • 20051003: INM Telcon: Prepare RFI for XML Its Data Types. Needs to be approved and posted by Oct 17.
  • 20051114: Open, May ballot
  • 20060112 PHX WGM: No change
  • 20060511 SAT WGM No change
  • 20060914 Done ages ago.

ITEM: 1007

Opened: 03-Oct-05 Old Item: 0 20051003: Prepare RFI for UML

  • 03-Oct-05 , Grahame Grieve , New , UML
    • 20051003: INM Telcon: Prepare RFI for UML. Needs to be approved and posted by Oct 17.
  • 20051114: Open, deferred to may ballot
  • 20060112 PHX WGM: No change
  • 20060511 WGM: No action until relevant.
  • 20060913 WGM: continued (no discussion)
  • 20060914 Done ages ago.


ITEM: 1020 (closed)

ITEM: 1031 Closed

ITEM: 1032 (closed)

ITEM: 1033 (closed)

ITEM: 1050

Opened: 20060313

Send pubs documentation structure (sequence of sections) to Miroslav Koncar, for restructuring of the ATS document

  • 20060313, Joann Larson, new
  • 20060313, Larson: email sent to Miroslav as follows: The current Publishing Facilitator's Guide can be found on the v3 Ballot site under Background Documents.

The section of the ATS that is not consistent with the PFG is the Preface. See section 9.3.

The Preface is to be "numbered" and labeled as follows: i. Notes to Readers ii. Acknowledgements iii. Changes From Previous Release

The Overview requirements appear to have gotten muddled since I wrote this ballot comment last summer. The PFG shows an inconsistency between section 9.4 and the model in section 1 and 1.1. When I questioned Helen Stevens about the correct format last summer, she gave me the model as it appears in 1 and 1.1. Given the current discrepancy I believe it is better to not make any format change to the Overview until the PFG stabilizes.

In short, this line item should probably be disposed of as Persuasive with Mod. Fix the Preface, but leave the Overview alone until such time as there is a clear statement of proper format.

  • 20060324: larson: email sent to Miroslav stating: The Publishing Facilitator's Guide has been updated so that the instructions on how to format the Overview section are clear and consistent. There is now a section 9.4.1 which reads as follows:

"The Overview’s first sub-section SHALL be entitled “Introduction and Scope” a this section SHALL contain a description of the Document at a minimum sufficient for a person unfamiliar with the work to understand the document’s business, scope and relationship with HL7. The Introduction and Scope section SHALL also explain the need for a Specification."

The Publishing Facilitator's Guide is in ballot in the May 2006 ballot cycle as an informative document. Pubs would appreciate any feedback you might have if you care to comment on it.

  • 20060913: WGM: closed, correct order of headings has been used in draft.

ITEM: 1052 (Closed)

Opened: 20060113

Review status of Java SIG

  • 20060113, co-chairs, new, organizational
    • 20060113 WGM: Contact JAVA SIG re meeting/accountability. Might be a project instead a SIG?
  • 20060407, co-chairs, open, organizational
    • The primary objective of the Java SIG as stated in its mission is "This group will define application programming interfaces (APIs) to HL7 version 3 artifacts for the Java platform."
    • The Java WGM Minutes of January 2006 state: "The general purpose of the the javaSIG meetings at the HL7 WGM meetings is to introduce new developers to our API. Our API which has been under development since 2002 has numerous features which constitute the infrastructure for any Java based HL7 V3 applications."
    • From the September 2005 WGM minutes "The purpose of our meeting was to introduce our API to new potential users and developers. [..snip..] We spent no time on the past history of the API but rather explained the features: [etc.]"
    • The last substantive uploaded document of the Java SIG was in September 2004.
    • Relevant Bylaw 9.02.05 SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP DISSOLUTION – The Board of Directors shall consider dissolution of a SIG if: [..snip..] The objectives of the SIG have been achieved.
  • Dissolve SIG and create a project under Education(?)/Tooling(?) or Implementation(?)
  • 20060410, co-chairs, open, organizational
    • Java SIG will give an update FRI Q1 in San Antonio. Any future actions to be coordinated during/after that meeting.
  • 20060915: We still believe that Java SIG is in the wrong place, will seek to change this when the re-org happens

ITEM: 1053 - Closed

Opened: 20060113

Joint work item for use of digital signature in control act wrapper

  • 20060113 Rene, new, security
    • 2006013 WGM: Joint work item for use of digital signature in control act wrapper
  • 20060509: SAT WGM On agenda.
  • 20060912 WGM – no update from Security.
    • Confusion on point: security is to mitigate risk, need use case. InM has not supplied use case but is pending questionnaire from Security. Three documents in development: (1)NEMA SPC white paper on risk management related to medical devices; (2) IHE ITI planning committee white paper on an overall structure for security requirements (what are the risk analysis steps, NIST & ISO have a catalog of threats); and (3) standard proposed to ISO TC215 WG4 on evaluation of risks relative to software objects.
    • Questionnaire will be based upon these works … what threatens you, what will happen, economic impact (etc). Allows identifying risks and evaluating mitigation options. Should not be how to implement a technology, should be how to mitigate a threat.
    • What if there is a jurisdictional requirement to implement digital signature. Issue is why, but how to implement the technology. [Glenn Marshall] Go to w3c and use the digital signature recommendation as is.
    • discussion of implication of a signature re liability, strength, level of guarantee. Administrative infrastructure is required in obtaining the certificate … which is outside the scope of this committee and the standard.
    • CLOSED – No specific resolution. Issues around obtaining signature are outside the scope of InM. Deferring to Security TC work on risk-management and related issues.



ITEM: 1054 (Closed)

Opened: 20060410

Synchronize use of conformance modal verbs with Publishing Facilitator's Guide

  • 20060410 Joann L, new, Admin*
    • 20060410: Need to go over InM ballot domains for proper capitalization of conformance modal words SHALL, SHOULD, MAY.
  • 20060915: will do this as documents are balloted. Will not change documents retrospectively

ITEM: 1055 closed see 1031

ITEM: 1056 closed. See 1032

ITEM: 1060 (closed)

ITEM: 1061 (closed)

V2.6 Add event type R25 to Table 0003 in v2.6 as a technical correction.

  • 20060109 InM WGM: Add event type R25 to Table 0003 in v2.6 as a technical correction.
  • 20060508 InM WGM: Done in V2.6 sent for publication.
  • 20060814 InM Telcon - closed.

ITEM: 1062 (closed)

ITEM: 1065 (closed)

ITEM: 1066 (Closed)

Opened: 20060508

Create a definition for Committee Representative (a.k.a. Ambassador) for the new INM DMP, Admin

  • 20060508, Rene Spronk, new, Admin
    • 20060525 See also 1071. Draft is being circulated on the INM list.
    • 20060608 Draft text also available on the Wiki
    • 20060822 Draft circulated on INM list, requesting feedback
  • 20060915: Closed, was done earlier in the week

ITEM: 1067

Opened: 20060508

Document the Bolus ResponseModality, QUQI

  • 20060509, QUQI editor, new, QUQI
    • ResponseModality: Includes "Bolus" is this a meaningful response modality? Need to document it.
  • 20060822: added to THUR Q2 agenda of the Sep2006 WGM
  • 20060915 WGM Mark explains use-case, will work on describing Bolus.

Action for Mark to write up description of Bolus, as well as the underlying use-case, difference bewteen Bolus/subscription, description of Bolus should go into v2.7 as well as in v3.

  • Close this issue, lives on as a new action item

ITEM: 1071

Opened: 20060508

20060508: Create new wording in the DMP to reflect the chair can set the mode of discussion to allow for free form discussion. , Admin

  • 20060508 San Antonio WGM, Rene Spronk, new
    • 20060508 San Antonio WGM: New item. Update DMP to reflect the following: The chair can set the discussion mode: 1) formal Robert’s Rules; 2) suspend Robert’s Rules for designated period of time for free form discussion leading up to a motion; 3) suspend Robert’s Rules for designate period of time for free form discussion of a controversial topic which might or might not lead to a motion.
    • 200605020 Suggested wording reads: "In the event that the committee wishes to hold a free form discussion on a (controversial) topic, one that may, or may not, result in a motion, the INM TC shall use the following procedure: The presiding co-chair of the committee will announce a designated period of time which can be used for free form discussion of a (controversial) topic. Given the nature of free-form discussions the order of those speaking as part of the discussion won’t be enforced by the presiding co-chair. Roberts Rules will apply in all other matters of process. Motions may be made by discussion participants during or after the free form discussion."
    • 20060525 Rene: first drafts have been sent to the INM list. Minor changes have been suggested.
    • 20060822 Draft circulated on INM list, requesting feedback
  • 20060911: WGM, INM: closed, wording accepted.

ITEM: 1073(closed)

ITEM: 1074 (closed)

ITEM: 1075 (closed)

ITEM: 1076 (replaces 108) Closed

ITEM: 1077 (closed)

ITEM: 1078 (closed)

ITEM: 1079 (closed)

ITEM: 1080 Closed

Opened 20060509 San Antonio WGM

20060509: InM to review IHE’s choice of ITS and wrappers for consistency with HL7.

  • 20060509 San Antonio WGM, TBD, new, IHE
    • 20060509 WGM San Antonio: Slide 12 of slide presentation by Harry Soloman: “IHE wants to make choices today from ITS & wrappers consistent with approved stds and HL7 direction.”
  • 20060612 InM Telcon, J Larson, open, IHE
    • 20060612: InM Telcon: Need to check with Harry Solomon if this is still an issue. If so, the document needs to be posted so InM can review it. It may be that this should be done as part of the regular IHE public comment period. We need to know in detail what IHE is planning to do with the wrappers.
  • 20060612: J larson, open IHE
    • J Larson: email sent to Harry Solomon and Charles Parisot inquiring if Action Item is still relevant and, if so, if they could send relevant documents for review.
  • 20060828: InM Telcon, close
    • 20060828: InM Telcon: close. No response from IHE folks. IHE publiccomment period would have closed by now.

ITEM: 1081 closed

Opened 20060509 San Antonio WGM

20060509: InM to review IHE’s choices in Web Services for consistency with HL7.

  • 20060509 San Antonio WGM, TBD, new, IHE
    • 20060509 WGM San Antonio: Slide 13 of slide presentation by Harry Soloman: "IHE needs to make choices in web services consistent with (1) HL7 V3 messaging, (2) ebXML registry and (3) other web services used in healthcare that are not standardized by HL7 (e.g. federated user authentication, directories)."
  • 20060612 InM Telcon, J Larson, open, IHE
    • 20060612: InM Telcon: Need to check with Harry Solomon if this is still an issue. If so, the document needs to be posted so InM can review it. It may be that this should be done as part of the regular IHE public comment period.
  • 20060612: J larson, open IHE
    • J Larson: email sent to Harry Solomon and Charles Parisot inquiring if Action Item is still relevant and, if so, if they could send relevant documents for review.
  • 20060828: InM Telcon, close
    • 20060828: InM Telcon: close. No response from IHE folks. IHE public comment period would have closed by now.

ITEM: 1085 (closed)

ITEM: 1087

Opened 20060723

Transition to 1 single query control act wrapper stub,

  • 20060723, new, ControlAct domains
    • INM is encouraging committees to only define queries that start with QueryByParameter. It is on INMs to-do list to request that committees remodel their queries so we can deprecate the query wrapper based on parameterList. There are only a few queries that use the parameterList stub. Existing query definition based on the paremeterList stub (even if normative) can be redefined to start with queryByParameter. The instance on the wire nor the abstract composite model will change if you do so, so there are no backwards compatibility issues.
    • Need to a) state the above in a motion, b) communicate this to the other committees, especially those that use the parameterList stub
    • See Query Stub for details.
  • 20060828 InM Telcon: Remains open. To be discussed at the WGM Thursday Q2.
  • 20060915 WGM: Lloyd opposes this, wrappers exist for consistency. Occasionally there are reasons for committees to constrain sort or QBP class. Close issue, the 2 wrappers variations exist with a clear purpose.

ITEM: 2008 - Closed

Opened: 20060110

What are the security requirements for the messaging infrastructure? - Abstract Transport Spec, security items (ATS)

  • 20060110, Glen Marshal, new, security
    • 20060110: Phoenix WGM: Add per Miroslav’s request. Needed to finalize the ATS document. What are the security requirements for the messaging infrastructure?
  • 20060509: SAT WGM: Merge this into item 1062 which is assigned to Mike Davis.
  • 20060605: Doug to visit Glen today and find out where this is
  • 20060911: Larson. Item 1062 has been closed. This one remained open. What does the group want for the Description? The current Description or the one from 1062 which read as follows:
Security TC to contribute chapter to ATS covering the security related aspects of the transport.
  • 20060912 WGM – Security TC has a work item to address risk management, deliverable not precisely defined at this time.
    • Note, aim of ATS is to produce materials for the next ballot. If acceptable to group, can continue as not that all issues related to trust, etc will be addressed in risk management work.
    • Suggest defer this item to ISO 27799 – specifies security management policies that should be followed in healthcare. A normative framework that HL7 should comply with.
    • CLOSE this item, deferred to risk management work. Also, Miroslav will update ATS.

ITEM: 2011 Closed

Opened: 20060112

Identify differences. (Points of divergence) between RAMP and HL7 WS profile. (Webservices)

  • 20060112, Chris Ferris, new, transports/RAMP
    • 20060112 INM WGM: To identify differences. (Points of divergence) between RAMP and HL7 WS profile.
  • 20060329, Chris Ferris, open, transports/RAMP
    • (via e-mail) Chris indicates he will create such a document and present it at the WGM.
  • 20060510: Closed
    • 20060510: SAT WGM Not longer an InM action item.


ITEM: 2012 Closed

Opened: 20060112

To coordinate a determination effort whether RAMP is a profile that is of benefit to HL7, and if so, to ask the HL7 Board to recommend to an appropriate Standards Organization (e.g. WS-I) that they take RAMP up as a work item. (organizational)

  • 20060112, Joann Larson, new, transports
    • 20060112 INM WGM: To coordinate a determination effort whether RAMP is a profile that is of benefit to HL7, and if so, to ask the HL7 Board to recommend to an appropriate Standards Organization (e.g. WS-I) that they take RAMP up as a work item.
  • 20060510: Closed
    • 20060510: SAT WGM Update from WSI presented by Chris at out of cycle transports meeting.

ITEM: 2021

Opened: 20060510

Removable Media is for message transport

  • 20060510, Doug, new, removable media
    • Remove from removable media text any mention of (naked documents) being stored directly on the media
  • 20060913: closed, lives elsewhere as a ballot line item

ITEM: 2022

Opened: 20060510

Remove all hardware and filesystem specific requirements from the removable media ballot

  • 20060510, Doug, new, removable media
  • 20060913: closed, lives elsewhere as a ballot line item

ITEM: 2026

Opened 20050914

Paul to Help Miroslav Wordsmith the sentence (regarding the disposition of item #31), ATS

  • 20050914– San Diego WGM. Paul to Help Miroslav Wordsmith the sentence (regarding the disposition of ATS item #31)
  • 20060111 – PHX WGM – No progress.
  • 20060510: INM WGM: open, will be done later today
  • 20060911: Larson: This is not on the Wiki. Has this been done?
  • 20060912: Larson: Late entry to wiki.
  • 20060913 Larson, Opened new, as late entry for 20050914
  • 20060913: Miroslav: can be closed, is contained in draft document