FHIR Has Parameter Issue Page
This is the discussion page to discuss the proposed _has parameter.
- Issue 1: Multiple _has to the same target type
If a query has two _has parameters which point to the same type, do they have an AND or an OR relationship on the target? In other words, given the following URL:
Does this URL mean
- AND: return Observations for males who were born on 2011-01-01 (my preference)
- OR: return Observations for males and Observations for people born on 2011-01-01
CGG: Not sure of the etiquette for discussion pages...
We've implemented _has with the following rules:
- _has and the first 2 modifiers define a search parameter "group", so in the above example, all query parms with
_has:Patient:subjectwill be ANDed together.
- The third modifier (and beyond) are treated as search parameters on the first modifier, and any search allowed on the first would be acceptable. So this is valid:
- Evaluate the deepest nestings first and work "up", similarly to chained parameters.
"Find all patients with observations of code in the given valueset"
"Find all patients with observations made by the device with model 5000"
And (AND at the nested level):
"Find all patients with observations made by the device manufactured by ACME model 5000"