2018-11-21 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2018-11-21
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd McKenize Note taker(s): Lloyd McKenzie
Quorum = chair + 4 yes
Co chairs X David Hay X Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio . Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk X Brian Postlethwaite X Paul Knapp TBD, scribe
X Josh Mandel X John Moehrke X Brian Pech
X Grahame Grieve .

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2018-11-07_FMG_concall
  • Action items
    • Lloyd to draft a process for approving technically breaking changes that are believed not to impact any implementations and submit for review by FMG, MnM and SGB
    • Anne to contact Patient Care cochairs/modeling facilitator to ask them to update the resource relationships section of AdverseEvent
      • Response from WG: It wasn't ready for FMG review yet. We have AdverseEvent on the PC FHIR agenda Nov 29 to discuss next.
    • Hans to reach out to OO on BiologicallyDerivedProduct at WGM
    • Brian Post to add RIM scope and boundaries section to ChargeItemDefinition
    • Hans to check with OO, CDS, and CQI about DeviceUseStatement at WGM
    • Hans to check with Lorraine about EntryDefinition at WGM
    • Brian Post to update Invoice
    • Hans to follow up with OO on ObservationDefinition2 at WGM
    • Make sure that the spreadsheet is fully filled in for every single artifact that went or goes normative
    • Lloyd to contact Dave and Wayne to ask for clarification on why the VHDR Connectathon is a closed event
  • Review Items
    • Review draft virtual Connectathon language at [1]
  • Discussion Topics
    • RecirculationRequest
    • PractitionerRole
    • Criteria for inclusion of extensions in core vs. IGs
    • Review standard PSS form to suggest changes
    • Setting expectations around community establishment and real-world testing before content is allowed to go to ballot
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • SGB –
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • Added recirculation request for FHIR Patient
    • Added PractitionerRole item
    • Agenda approved by unanimous consent
  • Minutes from 2018-11-14 FMG concall
    • MOTION to approve: David/Brian Post
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action Items
    • Lloyd to draft a process for approving technically breaking changes that are believed not to impact any implementations and submit for review by FMG, MnM and SGB
      • Carry forward
    • Anne to contact Patient Care cochairs/modeling facilitator to ask them to update the resource relationships section of AdverseEvent
      • Response from WG: It wasn't ready for FMG review yet. We have AdverseEvent on the PC FHIR agenda Nov 29 to discuss next.
      • Add agenda item to review after Nov. 29
    • Hans to reach out to OO on BiologicallyDerivedProduct at WGM
      • Carry forward
    • Brian Post to add RIM scope and boundaries section to ChargeItemDefinition
      • Carry forward
    • Hans to check with OO, CDS, and CQI about DeviceUseStatement at WGM
      • Carry forward
    • Hans to check with Lorraine about EntryDefinition at WGM
      • Carry forward
    • Brian Post to update Invoice
      • Carry forward
    • Hans to follow up with OO on ObservationDefinition2 at WGM
      • Carry forward
    • Make sure that the spreadsheet is fully filled in for every single artifact that went or goes normative
      • Will add as agenda item
    • Lloyd to contact Dave and Wayne to ask for clarification on why the VHDR Connectathon is a closed event
      • The 'closed' portion was just for initial invitation of key people. Event is now open
  • Review Items
    • Review draft virtual Connectathon language at [2]
      • No updates, leave for next week
  • Discussion Topics
    • Patient Recirculation Request
      • Lloyd reviewed the current status of ballot withdrawals. Patient has 2 outstanding negatives for May 2018. One can't be withdrawn because voter is unreachable. Other has been verbally withdrawn. Lloyd is trying to coach balloter through email withdrawal. Only other outstanding negative that is not either "not related" or "non-substantiated" is Epic's negative on 2018 May Terminology
      • Lloyd shared the draft recirculation request for FHIR Patient
      • MOTION: Approve recirculation request - Paul/Brian Post
      • VOTE: All in favor
    • PractitionerRole
      • Reviewed Lloyd's email to the work groups about adding PractitionerRole to resources
      • PA has reviewed. John has reviewed the IHE-related ones. Discussion on the list primarily around how PractitionerRole should be modeled, not that relevant to this discussion
      • Reviewed list of proposed elements
        • Agreed to drop the following from the list:
          • Person.link.target
          • PractitionerRole.practitioner
          • AdverseEvent.subject
          • DocumentManifest.subject
          • DocumentReference.subject
          • Flag.subject
        • Agreed to add the following to the list
          • Signature.who
          • Signature.onBehalfOf
        • Will need a change request to add PractitionerRole to Annotation.author in R5
      • Discussion around under what authority FMG could make this change without committee review
        • Use of this element is included in the Definition, Event and Request patterns
        • Absense of this element generally stems from the fact that PractionerRole used to be part of Practitioner and many work groups simply haven't made the split
        • Adding the relationship doesn't cause harm as it can be ignored (and subsequently removed in a future version) if not needed
        • Proposed changes don't impact normative resources
      • Proposed plan
        • Send the revised list to co-chairs, organized by work group and indicating which ones are not yet approved
        • Pre-apply as a technical correction
        • Co-chairs can respond by next week if they want stuff dropped
        • Lloyd will send an email to Wayne & Austin seeking their endorsement of the plan
      • MOTION to approve above action plan: Paul/Brian Post
      • VOTE: All in favor
    • Normative ballot FMM spreadsheet
      • We don't have any entries for normative candidate value sets or code systems
      • Grahame asserts we don't need to - they're covered by the fact they're used by normative resources
      • Lloyd notes that we have distinct QA rules for CodeSystem and ValueSet that aren't covered by the QA of the models that reference them. Also, use of artifacts doesn't guarantee use of terminologies
      • Don't have time to complete the review for publication
      • Will not require completion of the spreadsheet for terminology items this round. Will revisit after R4 is out
    • Criteria for inclusion of extensions in core vs. IGs
      • Defer to future call
    • Review standard PSS form to suggest changes
      • Defer to future call
    • Setting expectations around community establishment and real-world testing before content is allowed to go to ballot
      • Defer to future call
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Defer to next week
    • SGB
      • Paul has something to report but doesn't remember what it is :)
    • MnM
      • Nothing to report
  • Adjourned at 17:11 Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2018-11-28 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International