2018-09-05 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2018-mm-dd
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio . Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
Grahame Grieve x Didi Davis, Amol Vyas

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2018-08-29_FMG_concall
  • Action items
    • Grahame to put together something to describe a desired level of BR&R community engagement in order to own Substance
    • Lloyd to draft a process for approving technically breaking changes that are believed not to impact any implementations and submit for review by FMG, MnM and SGB
    • Anne to contact BR&R cochairs/modeling facilitator to ask them to update the resource relationships section of AdverseEvent
      • No response yet
    • Hans to reach out to OO on BiologicallyDerivedProduct
    • Brian to add RIM scope and boundaries section to ChargeItemDefinition
    • Anne to ask Patient Care about ClinicalNote
      • They responded that it's probably fine to close out, They may want to resurrect in the future, so please preserve the page.
    • Anne to ask Health Care Devices about DeviceAlert
      • They hope to refocus on device alerting during/after the Baltimore meeting.
    • Hans to check with OO, CDS, and CQI about DeviceUseStatement
    • Hans to check with Lorraine about EntryDefinition
    • Brian to update Invoice
    • Hans to follow up with OO on ObservationDefinition2
    • Anne to check with Public Health re: OccupationalDataForHealth
      • From Craig Newman: "My understanding is that we do want to retire the proposal for ODH related resources in favor of the profiles that are out for ballot now (Sept 2018). Lori or Genny can confirm. I don’t know if it’s best to hold off on retiring the proposal until we see what comments come in (maybe people won’t like the idea of observation based profiles…)."
    • Anne to reach out to David Pyke re: Program
      • He plans to continue to develop it; the proposal will be properly populated soon.
    • Lloyd to ping Hugh on Study/StudyParticipation
  • Review Items
  • Discussion Topics
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • SGB –
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
    • Didi here visiting.
  • Agenda Check
    • MOTION to accept: Brian Pech/Brian Post
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Minutes from 2018-08-29_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to accept: Brian Post/John
    • VOTE: Alli n favor
  • Action items
    • Grahame to put together something to describe a desired level of BR&R community engagement in order to own Substance
      • Carry forward
    • Lloyd to draft a process for approving technically breaking changes that are believed not to impact any implementations and submit for review by FMG, MnM and SGB
      • Carry forward
    • Anne to contact BR&R cochairs/modeling facilitator to ask them to update the resource relationships section of AdverseEvent
      • No response yet
      • Carry forward
    • Hans to reach out to OO on BiologicallyDerivedProduct
      • Carry forward
    • Brian to add RIM scope and boundaries section to ChargeItemDefinition
      • Carry forward
    • Anne to ask Patient Care about ClinicalNote
      • They responded that it's probably fine to close out; they may want to resurrect in the future, so please preserve the page.
        • Created a Zombie resource proposal category and added it
    • Anne to ask Health Care Devices about DeviceAlert
      • They hope to refocus on device alerting during/after the Baltimore meeting.
    • Hans to check with OO, CDS, and CQI about DeviceUseStatement
      • Carry forward
    • Hans to check with Lorraine about EntryDefinition
      • Carry forward
    • Brian to update Invoice
      • Carry forward
    • Hans to follow up with OO on ObservationDefinition2
      • Carry forward
    • Anne to check with Public Health re: OccupationalDataForHealth
      • From Craig Newman: "My understanding is that we do want to retire the proposal for ODH related resources in favor of the profiles that are out for ballot now (Sept 2018). Lori or Genny can confirm. I don’t know if it’s best to hold off on retiring the proposal until we see what comments come in (maybe people won’t like the idea of observation based profiles…)."
        • Added to Zombie list
    • Anne to reach out to David Pyke re: Program
      • He plans to continue to develop it; the proposal will be properly populated soon.
    • Lloyd to ping Hugh on Study/StudyParticipation
      • Hugh is bringing to WG to get them to approve on their next call.
  • Review Items
  • Discussion Topics
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Currently have around 90 people registered. Room holds around 178, and we have an overflow room as well. Discussion over emcee role. What do we do if we have two rooms? Have the person go back and forth, or have two? Brian Pech suggests having two if necessary.
      • Sandy reaching out to track leads regarding their needs. All tracks are doing well except for a couple.
    • SGB –
      • SGB discussed that a WG sent out a list of items that they were going to do a block vote on, but some of the material they were voting on is currently in ballot. Lloyd: Perfectly find to make changes to stuff that’s out for ballot. Ballot package is frozen. Paul: So you have balloters balloting against one artifact and people making changes to another version of the artifact. Lloyd: If you find a problem in the base spec you can go ahead and fix it. Paul: This practice is being reviewed because there is no written policy on it; but we do have a history of not changing documents while they’re out for ballot. Lloyd: FHIR has always made changes as comments come in, whether it’s ballot or non-ballot. We don’t have time to wait. We’re applying as many changes as possible. Brian Post: Normative content isn’t being touched until ballot comments come in. Lloyd: No substantive changes; but we will change typos. Paul: Normally people don’t make changes until all the comments come in. Now you’ve got two separate processes running that aren’t co-informing. If you have changes come in, hold them, and determine them along with the ballot item, that is non-prejudicial. Lloyd: If SGB decides that they need to place restrictions on types of changes, please chat with us before that comes into force. Paul confirms that’s the plan. Lloyd: Keep in mind that we’re moving to a place where ballot comments will come in continuously. Mixture of ballot comments coming in and non-ballot comments, either of which might be resolved before the ballot closes. Paul: That’s the issue. No decision have been made, it’s just an issue that needs to be thought about. John: You’re not allowed to just dismiss comments on a section that you’ve previously agreed to change. Lloyd: It doesn’t really matter when the decision happened. Paul: The question is how we do this in a slipstream fashion and avoid prejudiced decisions.
      • Looking for a time for Grahame to be available to discuss. John: The rule doesn’t need to have timeframe involved. Lloyd: One thing we should look at is that we’re only obligated to consider comments against the current release. If someone provides feedback against STU2, we are allowed to not take that into consideration. If we ballot something once as draft and make some changes and ballot as STU, we should consider the feedback that comes in on the STU even if it’s not totally applicable anymore.
    • MnM –
      • Has been going through change requests.
    • FMG Liaisons
      • No report
  • Adjourned at 4:46 pm Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2018-09-12 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International