2018-06-13 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2018-06-13
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Lorraine Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
Ewout Kramer
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-06-06_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul to contact Vocab/PA re: approval items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
    • Anne to work on adding links on precepts page to approval minutes for each precept
      • Complete
    • Add balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR and continuous maintenance task force to TSC agenda
    • Paul to ask PH for clarification on the status of items taken out of tracker and then reconciled on spreadsheet/ask for a plan for addressing the issue
    • Paul to draft message to management groups/TSC regarding the precept that you can’t have a normative artifact if it has dependencies on artifacts which aren’t themselves Normative
    • Anne to send invitation for additional V2MG participation to Andrea/Pat for distribution to membership
  • Discussion Topics
  • Parking Lot
    • Continued discussion: Tasks in step 1 of the BAM
    • Normative balloting/continuous balloting in FHIR
    • Review of project management life cycle spec to see if it talks about project and ballot scope
    • Review of MG responses to SGB query on substantive change
    • Need to make sure that SGB is accurately reflected in the GOM, and figure out what precepts should appear in the GOM
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Technical Alignments Between Product Families
    • How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc.
    • Precept on bringing in large projects
    • Vocabulary - review HTA material for precepts
    • Precept for adding new tools (include that WGs with a specific mandate must be involved, such as EST, Publishing, Vocabulary, etc.) - was this covered by the tooling precept we created in New Orleans?
    • BAM guidance on process for product adoption
    • Create PRECEPTS that require that it be articulated in the standards how the value sets specified within the standards respond to changes in regulation, licensing, time, etc.- to do in April/before Cologne
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Ownership of content
    • What precepts do we need to address PSS/profile approval processes of balloting and publishing potentially thousands of CIMI model?

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-06-06_SGB_Conference_Call
    • MOTION to approve: Austin/Calvin
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action Items
    • Paul to contact Vocab/PA re: approval items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
        • Carry forward
    • Anne to work on adding links on precepts page to approval minutes for each precept
      • Complete
    • Add balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR and continuous maintenance task force to TSC agenda
      • ACTION: Keep here for the time being – add to upcoming agenda
    • Paul to ask PH for clarification on the status of items taken out of tracker and then reconciled on spreadsheet/ask for a plan for addressing the issue
      • Carry forward
    • Paul to draft message to management groups/TSC regarding the precept that you can’t have a normative artifact if it has dependencies on artifacts which aren’t themselves Normative
      • Came up on FMG in regards to implementation guides. They are going to look for concrete examples of edge cases to see if there are instances occurring; if so, we could develop any necessary exceptions to the rule.
    • Anne to send invitation for additional V2MG participation to Andrea/Pat for distribution to membership
      • Anne has asked for a date they can send it out; will adjust due date to two weeks following that date
  • Discussion Topics
    • Additional candidates for CDAMG
      • Nominations for Yan Heras, Casey Thompson, Raychelle Fernandez
        • MOTION to approve Yan and defer Casey until we determine membership status: Wayne/Austin
        • VOTE: All in favor
          • Reviewed membership status – receives benefit through company but is not a voting member. Discussion over whether we should require individual or voting membership to be a named member of committees. Need to have voting experience to be on a management group.
        • AMENDED MOTION to recommend to the TSC to appoint YAN to the CDAMG, decline, Casey, and defer the decision on Raychelle pending further information.
        • VOTE: All in favor
          • ACTION: Paul to reach out to Raychelle to determine if she has direct participation in HL7 meetings, both face to face and calls, as we would like to see attendance at 2 out of 3 WGMs and regular participation on calls/in WG activities. Also need to ask about ballot participation/lack of voting membership.
  • Carry forward:
  • Parking Lot
    • Continued discussion: Tasks in step 1 of the BAM
    • Normative balloting/continuous balloting in FHIR
    • Review of project management life cycle spec to see if it talks about project and ballot scope
    • Review of MG responses to SGB query on substantive change
    • Need to make sure that SGB is accurately reflected in the GOM, and figure out what precepts should appear in the GOM
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Technical Alignments Between Product Families
    • How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc.
    • Precept on bringing in large projects
    • Vocabulary - review HTA material for precepts
    • Precept for adding new tools (include that WGs with a specific mandate must be involved, such as EST, Publishing, Vocabulary, etc.) - was this covered by the tooling precept we created in New Orleans?
    • BAM guidance on process for product adoption
    • Create PRECEPTS that require that it be articulated in the standards how the value sets specified within the standards respond to changes in regulation, licensing, time, etc.- to do in April/before Cologne
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Ownership of content
    • What precepts do we need to address PSS/profile approval processes of balloting and publishing potentially thousands of CIMI model?

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved