2018-02-21 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2018-02-21
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
Ewout Kramer
Regrets Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
Regrets Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-02-14_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul waiting to hear back from Vocab and PA re: approval of items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
    • Calvin/Austin to take the issue of bringing large projects into HL7 to the board level
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
    • Add ISM product matrix to upcoming CDA management call
    • Anne to add Scope of Product Management Group responsibilities to upcoming TSC agenda and to Precepts page
      • Complete - added to next week's TSC agenda
    • Post documents regarding HTA/vocabulary precepts and send out
    • Put together draft guidance on determining the scope of a ballot for TSC review
    • Determine what our licensing terms are with SNOMED
    • Forward issue of communicating HTA coordination process to WGs
    • Send Product Life Cycle Management document to FHIR product manager and cochairs of FMG for review
      • Complete
  • Discussion Topics
    • Omnibus project scope statements
    • FHIR comments on Product Life Cycle Management document
    • Need to make sure that SGB is accurately reflected in the GOM, and figure out what precepts should appear in the GOM
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Technical Alignments Between Product Families
    • How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc.
    • Precept on bringing in large projects
    • Vocabulary - review HTA material for precepts
    • Precept for adding new tools (include that WGs with a specific mandate must be involved, such as EST, Publishing, Vocabulary, etc.) - was this covered by the tooling precept we created in New Orleans?
    • Precepts We Need to Develop
  • Parking Lot
    • BAM guidance on process for product adoption
    • Create PRECEPTS that require that it be articulated in the standards how the value sets specified within the standards respond to changes in regulation, licensing, time, etc.- to do in April/before Cologne
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Ownership of content

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-02-14_SGB_Conference_Call
    • Minutes approved via general consent
  • Action Items
    • Paul waiting to hear back from Vocab and PA re: approval of items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
        • Carry forward
    • Calvin/Austin to take the issue of bringing large projects into HL7 to the board level
      • Carry forward
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
      • Carry forward
    • Add ISM product matrix to upcoming CDA management call
      • Discussion over what the point of this item is. Should joint ARB/SGB calls continue? Reviewed minutes from WGM on this topic. Decision to have a joint call the last Tuesday of March to decide whether the material is ready and when it should go to CDA.
    • Anne to add Scope of Product Management Group responsibilities to upcoming TSC agenda and to Precepts page
      • Complete - added to next week's TSC agenda
    • Anne to post documents regarding HTA/vocabulary precepts and send out to SGB list
      • Carry forward
    • Put together draft guidance on determining the scope of a ballot for TSC review
      • Issue was ballots with material from more than one product family - need to ballot separately.
        • ACTION: Lorraine to review project management life cycle spec and see if it talks about project and ballot scope
    • Wayne to determine what our licensing terms are with SNOMED
      • Wayne took this action. There is a statement that is ambiguous in the licensing agreement; Jane Miller is looking into it. Waiting for response from SNOMED.
    • Forward issue of communicating HTA coordination process to WGs
      • We need to work with HTA to get a statement out. This is about HTA's role with the WGs. Could be part of a larger guide on procedure issued by the TSC.
        • ACTION: Anne to add to TSC agenda
    • Send Product Life Cycle Management document to FHIR product manager and cochairs of FMG for review
      • Complete.
  • Discussion Topics
    • Adding a member to CDA Management Group
      • Request came from Lisa Nelson. Reviewed mission and charter for composition/ability to add. They have a spot available.
        • MOTION to recommend to the TSC that CDAMG recruit a member to cover the clinical quality area: Paul/Rik
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Add to TSC agenda
    • FHIR comments on Product Life Cycle Management document
      • Reviewed comments from Lloyd and Grahame. To Lloyd's first point - we did not specify how they had to do the plan, just that they needed to do it, but it must be accessible/findable. Lloyd's point two: It's the specification, not the implementation. The point is how you verify that you're following the plan. The point is to test the spec across the process. Discussion over how FMM relates. Made edits to the document to clarify.
        • ACTION: Send edited document back to FMG cochairs and product manager.
    • Omnibus project scope statements
      • Need to discuss, in the context of the different families, if an omnibus PSS simply allows you to skirt the process. Also need to address issues where the PSS doesn't come forward until the work is complete. Could discuss with the other topic of ballot scopes. In addition, TSC voted to allow management groups to sponsor projects and ballots; probably need to have some bounds around that. For example, the management groups probably shouldn't do implementation guides.
        • ACTION: Create precept around management groups sponsoring projects and ballots
  • Carry Forward:
    • Need to make sure that SGB is accurately reflected in the GOM, and figure out what precepts should appear in the GOM
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Technical Alignments Between Product Families
    • How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc.
    • Precept on bringing in large projects
    • Vocabulary - review HTA material for precepts
    • Precept for adding new tools (include that WGs with a specific mandate must be involved, such as EST, Publishing, Vocabulary, etc.) - was this covered by the tooling precept we created in New Orleans?
    • Precepts We Need to Develop

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved