2018-02-07 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes


(voice and screen)

Date: 2018-02-07
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio . Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Eric Parapini, Sandy Vance, Amol Vyas, Chris Johnson



  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • MOTION to accept: Brian Pech/Lloyd
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Minutes from 2018-01-17_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to accept: Brian Pech/Lloyd
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Minutes from 2018-01-24_FMG_concall
    • Not quorate. No approval needed.
  • Minutes from 2018-01-28 FMG_FGB_WGM
    • MOTION to accept: Lloyd/Josh
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Minutes from 2018-02-01 FMG_FGB_WGM
    • MOTION to accept: Brian Pech/John
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action items
    • Lloyd to update Hugh's draft page of resource proposal approval policy and update it to include current process
      • Complete. Should review today.
    • Brian Post to write up proposal for community consultation on PatientAnimal
      • Carry forward
    • PA to consider other alternatives for PatientAnimal
      • Carry forward
    • John and Brian Post to work together to figure out how to express what Brian wants and compare it to what is already in Consent for review with Grahame and then FMG if necessary
      • Carry forward
  • Review Items
    • US Medications Implementation Guide Update – Prescription Drug Monitoring Program PSS
      • Reviewed document - a pharmacy IG. Noted short timeline between ballot and publication. Discussion over US Realm-only status.
        • MOTION to approve: Lloyd/John
        • VOTE: Brian Post abstains. Remaining in favor.
    • HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Normative Release 3 and HL7 Implementation Guide for FHIR®: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Normative Release 1 PSS
      • Eric Parapini here to represent project. Adding a FHIR component; balloting the FHIR and CDA components separately. Will be using Questionnaire resource. Won't be able to take FHIR content normative in 2019; will likely be sometime in 2020. Questionnaire won't be normative in the next ballot. Need to adjust timeline to reflect. Should check FHIR Extensions in the product section. Also check "create a new standard" in section 5.
        • MOTION to accept: Lloyd/Brian Post
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • C-CDA Supplemental Templates for Pregnancy Status PSS
      • Reviewed document. Scope states that they will explore the need for FHIR resources, profiles, and/or extensions to accommodate pregnancy status information. Are they just exploring, or are they creating? Section 4 notes FHIR products but scope just states exploration. Lloyd: They would also have to come to us for approval of the IG and scope. Do they need to come back with another PSS if they decide to create FHIR products? Decision to evaluate this PSS as though they will create FHIR artifacts. Lloyd: I would like to see Patient Care as a cosponsor as they will know how to represent pregnancy in the FHIR space. Possibly OO as well - at least one if not both.
        • MOTION to approve contingent on the inclusion of Patient Care and/or OO as a cosponsor: Lloyd/John
        • VOTE: All in favor
  • Discussion Topics
    • Resource proposal approval policy
      • Reviewed policy drafted by Lloyd and made edits. Discussion around progression past FMM0 - does it automatically move to level 1 once the proposal is approved? Clarification that all three of the hurdles must be passed as described in the FMM levels. Discussion over whether we need a single proposal for each resource; in the past, resource proposals have split into multiple resources. Lloyd adjusted the language to reflect. Question is quality criteria for material that goes into ballot.
      • Implementation guide approval section: looks good. Need to add "trial use status" as well as normative status.
      • Profile approval section: looks good.
        • MOTION to accept and send out to the community for comment: Lloyd/Brian Pech
        • VOTE: Brian Post abstains. Remaining in favor.
        • ACTION: Lloyd will add to FHIR chat.
        • Amol asks if these guidelines should extend to FHIR registries. Lloyd: The registry will contain a lot of content with varying quality. Will be able to see what has been subject to these guidelines. Can't really impose our guidelines on material coming from external organizations. Discussion over adding governance.
          • ACTION: Check with Grahame on implementation of distinguishing HL7 artifacts from others and controlling maintenance of the artifacts.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Sandy reports that the post-Connectathon survey is out. Call for track proposals needs to go out. Final count was 267. Looking at around 200 for Germany.
        • ACTION: David to send out the call for track proposals with due date at the end of March.
    • FGB
      • Dissolved at WGM.
        • ACTION: Change this item on the agenda to SGB.
    • MnM –
      • Hasn't met.
    • FMG Liaisons
      • Brian Pech notes that EST is having issues getting the tooling liaisons to actively participate. Discussion the creation of a web-based survey tool to gather the information that the liaisons would be responsible for, putting it on the co-chairs of the WGs to use the tool on a periodic basis. FMG might want to look at it as well. Promotes the communication of ideas across the various groups of HL7.
      • IHE is meeting next week in Oslo so John will be absent.
  • Adjourned at 5:24 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2018-02-14 FMG concall

Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International