2018-01-15 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2018-01-15
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
x Lorraine Constable Grahame Grieve David Hay
Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer x Cecil Lynch (ArB)
x Wayne Kubick x Calvin Beebe Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
observers/guests
Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 2017-12-04 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • FMG to discuss issues around Direct Track Conncectathon proposal
    • Anne to distribute Lorraine's edits to Mission and Charter
    • Grahame to edit and post FHIR Life Cycle Document
    • Wayne to post registry project gap assessment on FHIR wiki for cosponsoring WGs to review
  • Discussion/Review
    • FGB Leadership and SGB Relationship
    • Product Life Cycle Management draft from SGB
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.

Minutes

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
    • Lloyd notes we potentially need to talk about DMP
    • New Orleans agenda discussion - Monday Q0
      • Add product life cycle document review
      • Add items coming out of ballot
  • Approve minutes of 2017-12-04 FGB concall
    • Approved via general consent
  • Action Item review:
    • FMG to discuss issues around Direct Track Connectathon proposal
    • Anne to distribute Lorraine's edits to Mission and Charter
    • Grahame to edit and post FHIR Life Cycle Document
    • Wayne to post registry project gap assessment on FHIR wiki for cosponsoring WGs to review
  • Discussion/Review
    • FGB Leadership and SGB Relationship
      • Lorraine: Dave wishes to roll off when his term is up, and Calvin's role is changing. Does it make sense to recruit and continue with this group, or does it make sense now to roll into SGB? Wayne points out we haven't been doing a whole lot on these calls. He discussed with Grahame who wasn't entirely opposed to the idea if others are comfortable doing that. Need the right membership on SGB. Ewout reports that FHIR core team discussed. Doesn't see why we shouldn't combine the two. Wayne: We can consider if there are specific FGB issues, we could keep a subcommittee to deal with them. Lloyd: Right now the relationship between FMG and FGB is that the cochairs are automatically members of FGB with a single vote. How is the reporting relationship managed with SGB/management groups? Lorraine: There is a dotted line from the management groups to SGB. FMG formally reports to TSC. Lloyd: I'm more interested in who shows up on what calls and who votes where. Lorraine: We may end up needing something equivalent to a steering division call to have those discussions. Lloyd: We could also just expect there to be a summary of calls posted on a Zulip chat or something like that, so that the SGB could be aware of what was happening within each of the management groups on a regular basis. Lorraine: Could be Confluence notes that SGB reviews once a month. Lloyd: Also need to ensure that the various management groups are familiar with what's going on within the SGB. That might be a question of ensuring that the SGB minutes get distributed to the management group listservers. Lorraine notes that we are working on an SGB communication plan. Lloyd would prefer that management groups are kept up to speed on everything the SGB is doing. Lorraine: Could be as simple as agendas and minutes for SGB are distributed to management groups. Calvin: We don't want to replace that with FHIR representation on SGB. Cecil agrees it's the right time to move and echoes the need for appropriate representation. Lloyd: Who from FGB should roll into SGB? Lorraine is already there. Calvin is there but has essentially rolled off. Grahame may attend as product director but may not want to be the representative. Discussion over separation of concerns issues. Lorraine asks who would be interested in serving on SGB. Cecil states he is not a good candidate because there's already an Accenture person. Lloyd states he is willing to serve, although the current call time may be difficult. Could represent V3 as well. If Grahame wanted to serve, that could make sense because he brings V2 and CDA background. Ewout brings European perspective. Want to get new members on before electing a new SGB cochair. SGB will have to recommend the new members to TSC. Ewout, Grahame, and Lloyd will discuss amongst themselves who is willing/able to serve.
      • MOTION to recommend that we dissolve and join with SGB: Ewout/Cecil
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • Discussion over significant changes being made to a resource in the ballot by Public Health - is it a concern? Lloyd notes that it is a Comment ballot so it is not the same. Need some guidance around what expectations are, however. Lorraine notes that SGB should discuss on Wednesday.
  • Adjourned at 4:35 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.