2017-12-04 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2017-12-04
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
x Lorraine Constable Grahame Grieve David Hay
x Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer x Cecil Lynch (ArB)
x Wayne Kubick x Calvin Beebe x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
observers/guests
Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 2017-11-06 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Lorraine to apply the boilerplate wording to the M&C and bring back to FGB for review
    • Grahame to edit and post FHIR Life Cycle Document
    • Wayne to post registry project gap assessment on FHIR wiki for cosponsoring WGs to review
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.

Minutes

  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 2017-11-06 FGB concall
  • Calvin brings up question regarding Direct Track. In the Use Case for Scenario 1 refers to a specific commercial solution and there is concern that it's not appropriate in the writeup, and the use of the FHIR term within their name (DirectOnFHIR). First, should particular products be named? Does FMG have rules around this? Calvin is willing to revise as necessary but was seeking guidance. Lorraine's opinion is that the scenarios should be written for any product appropriate for the track can participate, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't reference a product participating. Calvin is willing to leave it as long as it's communicated that other vendors can participate. Lloyd: One aspect is that anybody needs to be able to participate without needing to use a specific product, and second is that documentation of the track shouldn't overly emphasize a particular product name. Cecil: Do we recommend an authentication mechanism for FHIR? If we don't, then they're just bringing one mechanism of authentication, and as long as they make that available to the testers at no charge, it's just another way to do authentication. No benefit of a closed environment. Lloyd: Could say there are systems that can take on roles X, Y, and Z; one system that does X will be there but others are welcome.
    • ACTION: Add rules issue to FMG on Wednesday
  • Action Item review:
    • Lorraine to apply the boilerplate wording to the M&C and bring back to FGB for review
      • Reviewed/discussed Lorraine's edits.
      • ACTION: Anne to distribute to the list for review on next call.
    • Grahame to edit and post FHIR Life Cycle Document
      • Carry forward
    • Wayne to post registry project gap assessment on FHIR wiki for cosponsoring WGs to review
      • Wayne has to do an extract from it - needs to do some work before posting.
      • Carry forward
  • FMG update -
    • PSS review and making sure ballot is on track
  • Methodology update-
    • Change requests
  • Next call: 2017-12-18. Will do check for agenda items the Wednesday before.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.