This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20171114 US Realm SC Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to US_Realm_Steering_Committee
back to US_Realm_Steering_Committee_Conference_Calls

US Realm Steering Committee Call Agenda/Minutes


Date: 2017-11-14
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Co-Chairs Ed/Brett Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee / Name
x Calvin Beebe Keith Boone Hans Buitendijk
x Lorraine Constable Johnathan Coleman x Ed Hammond
x Tony Julian x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler
x Brett Marquard Ken McCaslin x Nancy Orvis
Brian Pech Wayne Kubick x Christol Green
Sandra Stuart . Pat Van Dyke . Craig Parker
x Danielle Friend x Eric Haas . Jenni Syed
Steve Posnak . David Susanto x John Roberts
Visitor/ Name
x Nathan Bunker x Craig Newman
Quorum: Chair + 7




  • Agenda review
  • Review notes from 20171031_US_Realm_SC_Call
  • Review Items
    • Clinical Decision Support (CDS) for Immunizations FHIR Implementation Guide
      • This item was submitted as Universal realm, but TSC has suggested that it be US Realm until International participation is secured. Coming to this group for review/approval.
        • Craig Newman walks us through the project. Reports that there is nothing really US-specific about it. Wanted to make it international so other folks see it as relevant; however, there are no international participants at this point. Took it to international council but no one had a desire to join on. Left it as international anyway so as not to close the door. TSC thought it should be US realm since there was no participation. Lorraine notes that other projects have started as US Realm and then lifted up to international when participants joined. Ed: Is there any consistency in the rules between US and other countries? Craig states that's out of scope for this project. Lorraine notes Canada has its own V3 and messaging structures. Austin: Needs to be US Realm before there is international participation. Craig: Our concern is discouraging international participation. Austin: You attempted outreach already. Paul: The realm reflects the scope of work done. Ed asks if CDC has been approached. Craig states that they are aware of it and some of the team works with the CDC, so it is integrated. Ed will forward contact info from someone at Pfizer who is doing similar work. Goal is to support NIST but will be used in production systems.
        • MOTION that US Realm SC recommends that this be a US Realm project and approves it as such: Lorraine/Austin
        • Brett states they should review the profiles in US Core for other profiles that have been created before creating new ones. Eric: Will an EHR provide the data? Nathan: It's not constrained to that. Eric: We have existing profiles for immunization, patient, etc. so they may have what you need. Discussion over what the project is producing. Creating a canonical API. Will review the existing DAM to make sure they're not duplicating content. Brett: Before this project creates new profiles, review existing profiles to confirm that they're not appropriate before creating new ones. Discussion over how to constrain existing profiles.
        • VOTE: All in favor
  • Adjourned at 1:38 pm Eastern

Meeting Outcomes

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved