2017-10-04 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2017-10-11
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-09-27_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Review GOM with respect to where SGB and precepts should be reflected
    • Recommend to TSC to work with CTO on architecture and tooling strategy to support the work of the committees in following the precepts
    • Schedule joint meeting with FGB for precept review
    • Invite Tooling to October SGB call
      • What week would we like to do this?
    • Ask Vocab to approve a motion that it was the WG’s intention in R3 for the Expansion profile to be balloted as STU. If PA has not documented approval, send them the same message
    • Paul to verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
    • Rik to edit the remaining items in the product life cycle document for review
  • Precept Development
    • How groups are to interact with Publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc. WGs
    • Engaging the implementer community in the consideration of changes as artifacts mature
    • Engagement in large cross-organizational projects
    • How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    • Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change.
    • The addition of new tools (with EST)
  • Discussion Topics
    • Finish review/vote on product life cycle document
    • Nomination of Andrew Statler to CDAMG
    • Finish review of mixed ballot content precept
    • Precept implementation strategy
    • Backwards compatibility consistency and definition across families
  • Parking Lot
    • Paul to draft a precept on state machine alignment
    • Draft precept on use of new tools/coordinate with Wayne
    • Review Publishing M&C updates regarding dual roles
    • Write/post precept on vitality assessment
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • PSS approval process: managing unresponsive parties - propose new precept to TSC
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Vocabulary precepts
    • General precepts
      • Precept around training WGs in CDA methodology and management principles
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-09-27_SGB_Conference_Call
    • MOTION to accept: Russ/Thom
    • VOTE: Lorraine abstains. Remaining in favor
  • Discussion Topics
    • Continued discussion re: product life cycle document
      • Reviewed Rik's changes and made further edits.
      • ACTION: Add review/vote to next week
    • Nomination of Andrew Statler to CDAMG
      • Add to next week
    • Finish review of mixed ballot content precept
      • Add to next week
    • Precept implementation strategy
      • Add to next week
    • Backwards compatibility consistency and definition across families
      • Add to next week
  • Adjourned at 10:40 am Eastern


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved