2017-07-12 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2017-07-12
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
x||| Paul Knapp
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Austin Kreisler
Wayne Kubick
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-06-28_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Once approved, send boilerplate template to management groups
    • Paul to find principles document and write precept on mixed ballot content
    • Paul to draft a precept on state machine alignment
    • Austin to follow up with Thom Kuhn regarding SGB candidacy
  • Discussion Topics
    • Update on SGB candidates - should we send out an extension?
    • Continued discussion on Grahame's document re: variance from normal balloting/publishing process
    • Review vitality assessment slide deck from Tony
    • State Machine Alignment, continued
    • From PLA: Scope transition/abandonment
    • Revisit our current precepts and add who our precepts apply to and how they are to be implemented
    • Review PIC document on balloting best practices
  • Parking Lot
    • Review Publishing M&C updates regarding dual roles
    • Write/post precept on vitality assessment
    • Next steps on Substantivity (from ARB)
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • PSS approval process: managing unresponsive parties - propose new precept to TSC
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Vocabulary precepts
    • General precepts
      • Precept around training WGs in CDA methodology and management principles
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
  • Agenda items for San Diego
    • Re-appointments to SGB

Minutes

  • Agenda review
    • Add vMR content discussion
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-06-28_SGB_Conference_Call
    • MOTION to accept: Austin/Rik
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action Items
    • Once approved, send boilerplate template to management groups
    • Paul to find principles document and write precept on mixed ballot content
    • Paul to draft a precept on state machine alignment
    • Austin to follow up with Thom Kuhn regarding SGB candidacy
  • Discussion Topics
    • Update on SGB candidates - should we send out an extension?
      • Have received four candidates. Thom Kuhn and Sandy Stuart have the most direct provider experience. Austin notes that we do have the option of recommending both if we want to. Reviewed Mission and Charter to determine if we're at max numbers; it states TSC can assign members as needed to provide representation or to bring specific expertise to the panel.
        • MOTION to recommend to TSC the appointment of both Sandy Stuart and Thompson Kuhn to the SGB: Lorraine/Calvin
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Lorraine will bring up to TSC leadership on Friday for addition to TSC agenda.
        • Decision to stagger terms - Sandy for one year, Thompson for two. Also need reappointment for Paul, Austin, and Russ, as well as Paul's chair reappointment.
        • ACTION: Paul will send email to Wayne/Ken copying Austin regarding reappointments
        • MOTION to approve all reappointments: Lorraine/Austin
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to add to TSC agenda
    • Continued discussion on Grahame's document re: variance from normal balloting/publishing process
      • Paul's concern is that only two resources are covered; proposed adding a table with all of the resources and committee approval dates of moving them to STU. Grahame is unable to commit the time to do this but Paul is working on it. Lorraine: We also can look at the status before the QA rules were applied. Discussion re: method for finding the dates.
    • VMR issue: When we set up VMR task force four-ish years ago, we rearranged some of the VMR ballots and what they were intending to do. Allowed the material to continue into STU ballot with the expectation or instruction that they look to align their material properly with our processes as they went forward, before Normative. Expectation was that they would use HL7 datatypes/serializations. The committees worked on normative replacements. They've come forward with STU extensions beyond the usual and TSC has said they need to go normative; however, it is essentially forcing them to take normative material that has not been aligned with the task force recommendations. Could submit to EC to allow the extensions. Discussion over other options. Austin: They have to withdraw or move normative. TSC has to re-emphasize that they must move forward based on the original assessment of their content. Need to discuss at TSC level and resurface these details. Task force recommendations are not being considered in material being taken to ballot.
      • ACTION: Paul to send email to Ken/Wayne with a heads up
      • ACTION: Anne to add to TSC agenda
    • Austin notes that he can't make PLA anymore at 2 pm. Austin, Paul, Calvin, Lorraine can't make PLA today.
    • Review vitality assessment slide deck from Tony
    • State Machine Alignment, continued
    • From PLA: Scope transition/abandonment
    • Revisit our current precepts and add who our precepts apply to and how they are to be implemented
    • Review PIC document on balloting best practices
  • Parking Lot
    • Review Publishing M&C updates regarding dual roles
    • Write/post precept on vitality assessment
    • Next steps on Substantivity (from ARB)
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • PSS approval process: managing unresponsive parties - propose new precept to TSC
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Vocabulary precepts
    • General precepts
      • Precept around training WGs in CDA methodology and management principles
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
  • Agenda items for San Diego
    • Re-appointments to SGB

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved