2017-04-26 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2017-04-26
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-04-19 TSC Call Agenda
    • MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Austin
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-04-12 TSC Call Agenda
    • MOTION to approve: Austin/Lorraine
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action Items
    • Anne to invite new project lead (Mike Davis) for Privacy Cookbook to upcoming call to answer remaining questions
    • Wayne will forward info from Grahame on variance from normal balloting/publishing process
    • Write/post precept on vitality assessment
    • Austin to review CDAMG M&C with PLA on next call
  • Discussion Topics
    • Finalize CDAMG M&C
      • Reviewed updated M&C from last week's PLA call. Intent was that risks would be pulled out of this document and added to a risk register. Made edits.
        • MOTION to approve as edited: Lorraine/Austin
        • VOTE: All in favor
      • Lorraine asks Brian if V2 management group did an M&C; Brian says they're looking it right after Madrid.
    • Reviewed/updated boilerplate M&C
      • MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Calvin
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • Discussion over publishing having dual roles and how to handle in M&C.
    • Brian brings forth questions from Publishing:
      • V2 mgmt: there are a couple of chapters that are static. The owning WG, Patient Care, has washed their hands of their responsibility for the chapters. Pete Gilbert is now the chapter editor for updates. Have reached out to OO; Hans stated two or three segments are still used in other active V2 messages. OO's suggestion was that we look at transferring ownership to OO for maintenance of those sections with a notification of which parts are active vs. static. Lorraine asks if changes to the static sections would still be considered. FMG can make decisions over who is managing sections, so it would make sense that V2 management can make those same types of decisions.
      • The second question from Publishing: There is at least one version 2x IG (LOI IG) that has had revisions but there is no clear indication what exactly was revised from the previous material. Brian proposes we have a rule that when we publish a normative edition, each chapter editor is expected to call out the specific changes. Lorraine: That sounds like a V2 methodology quality measure. Decision to take it to InM. Is within the product family's jurisdiction to decide the quality criteria.
    • SGB provider role recruitment - look at descriptions for FMG/FGB
      • Reviewed FMG/FGB descriptions. Discussion over expectations for WGM attendance. Made edits to document. Decision to send out to cochair list with nominations due May 26.
    • Madrid agenda
      • Reviewed/edited
      • Paul/Austin/Wayne will attend FGB on Monday Q0
  • Adjourned at 11:04 AM Eastern
  • For upcoming meetings:
  • Parking Lot
    • Continued discussion on drafting an additional type of ballot comment disposition
    • PSS approval process: managing unresponsive cosponsors
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Mixed ballot content issue
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Vocabulary precepts
    • General precepts
      • Precept around training WGs in CDA methodology and management principles
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ownership of content
    • Differentiation of groups that develop standards and those that don't

Minutes

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved