2017-04-12 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2016-04-12
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
Tony Julian
Regrets Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Review Minutes of 2017-04-05_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Anne to invite new project lead (Mike Davis) for Privacy Cookbook to upcoming call to answer remaining questions
      • Mike Davis unavailable; Kathleen Connor will attend today
    • Wayne will request that FMG provide documentation to support the requested variance from normal balloting/publishing process
  • Discussion Topics
    • CDA MG Mission and Charter Review and Approval
    • Continued discussion on drafting an additional type of ballot comment disposition
    • PSS approval process: managing unresponsive cosponsors
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • SGB provider role recruitment - look at descriptions for FMG/FGB
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Mixed ballot content issue
  • Parking Lot
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Vocabulary precepts
    • General precepts
      • Precept around training WGs in CDA methodology and management principles
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ownership of content
    • Differentiation of groups that develop standards and those that don't

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Review Minutes of [2017-04-05_SGB_Conference_Call]
    • MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Rik
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action Items
    • Anne to invite new project lead (Mike Davis) for Privacy Cookbook to upcoming call to answer remaining questions
      • Mike Davis unavailable; Kathleen Connor will attend today
    • Wayne will request that FMG provide documentation to support the requested variance from normal balloting/publishing process
      • Waiting for Grahame to complete
  • Discussion Topics
    • CDA MG Mission and Charter Review and Approval
      • TSC will discuss where management groups report in Madrid. Discussion over whether or not that relationship needs to be called out in the M&C. Reviewed/edited document. Looked at FMG M&C as reference. Austin suggests that we ask PLA to tweak the CDA M&C to more closely align with FMG M&C objectives. Discussion that FMG should add statement about quality. Austin: Should FMG and PLA get together to rewrite to better align with the BAM, or should we draft a template that all these M&Cs should derive from? Or do we tell them all to make it simpler? Perhaps risks don't belong in the M&C as they are evolving. Wayne states they should align this M&C with FMG and the BAM and we can use these as a template. Lorraine: We should make sure the V2 M&C is also in alignment. Lorraine: We should write a boilerplate objectives section that can be tweaked.
        • Russ departs. Quorum lost.
      • Decision that they should come up with a more succinct set of objectives that align more closely with the FMG M&C. If there are suggested changes to the FMG objectives (such as adding quality) we can recommend that FMG updates theirs. Goal was to get this moving at Madrid - do we still think there will be time? Lorraine: We can come up with the boilerplate and alignment until after the group is stood up. Austin: Suggest we discuss further next week after reviewing 2.x M&C.
        • ACTION: Anne to send all three out to SGB list for review. Create document with the three sets of objectives on one page plus the BAM objectives (responsibilities).
      • Reviewed risks section. Discussion why risks aren't just in the SWOT. These should perhaps be significant high level risks and lower level risks could be in the SWOT. Austin: Feedback is that PLA should focus on high level persistent risks. Lorraine: Lower level risks should be carved out and saved for the SWOT. Perhaps we keep just the first two sentences and put the list in the SWOT. Austin: We should define that management groups are required to maintain a risk registry or list of risks for the product family that is reviewed regularly. Wayne: Perhaps at every WGM. Anne adds sentence on reviewing regularly per the SGB precept on vitality assessment.
        • ACTION: Write/post precept on vitality assessment
      • Reviewed structure section and made edits. Discussion over constraints on membership - may need to wait until TSC discussion on reporting structure. Wayne suggests changing the word reporting to accountability.
        • ACTION: Present to PLA on next call
  • For next time: Combined objective review and Madrid WGM planning
  • Also move to next week:
    • Continued discussion on drafting an additional type of ballot comment disposition
    • PSS approval process: managing unresponsive cosponsors
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • SGB provider role recruitment - look at descriptions for FMG/FGB
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Mixed ballot content issue
  • Adjourned at 11:02 Eastern

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved