2017-01-17 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Return to: WGM Minutes > 2017 > Sept San Antonio

Patient Administration Work Group Meeting - Tuesday January 17, 2017

Tuesday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency San Antonio, Directors Conference Room

Date: 2017-01-17
Time: Tuesday Q1
Facilitator Brian Postlethwaite Scribe Alexander de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 The Netherlands
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT, Norway
X Kathy Pickering Cerner, USA
X Drew Torres Cerner, USA
X Sam Rubenstein Montefiore, USA
X Wes Rishel Self
X Ewout Kramer Furore, The Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

Coordination with FHIR Infrastructure

  • Gender vocab 10018
  • Encounter.class naming 11205
  • Implementation Guidance Location - where to put it (for detailed HL7 examples e.g. Provider Directory/location structures)
  • Group resource / Introduction for Affiliation Resource proposal 10304
  • None/any cardinality 10763

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions

The WG began by reviewing the email sent out by Lloyd McKenzie regarding FHIR deliverable dates and timelines.

Ewout representing the FMG reviewed where we are today.

STU3 will move to release 4.
STU3 publication - end of March, or April. Aiming for ballot in may session in 2018, with publication in September or October. Will contain normative and draft content. It will be challenging to isolate the items that are normative versus the draft. For instance, we can’t have a situation where, Patient is normative, for instance, but a datatype used by Patient is not normative.
The WG continued to review the email from Lloyd McKenzie along with the FHIR tracker issues list and summary.

Ewout asked about substantive changes since the last WGM. The only one the WG seems to have is the decision to make the Practitioner role its own resource, as it currently is a sub resource under Practitioner.

The WG did scan the deferred ballots for urgent low/hanging fruit, and determined that there were not many. However, it does seem possible to meet the deadlines.
The WG considered the following resources as good candidates for going normative in 2018:

  • Paractitioner 3
  • PracitionerRole 3
  • Patient 3
  • RelatedPerson 3
  • Person


The WG discussed the patient resource and the fact that it could probably move to 5 if the veterinary use case can be moved to an extension. However Brian noted that there were indeed participants at this connectathon for that particular use case.

Scheduling feedback is needed from Norway (DIPS?).

Appointment 4?
EpisodeOfCare 1
HealthcareService 1

Irma noted that with 20 minutes left, perhaps we should handle some of the tracker items to cover.

  1. 10018 - Use v2/v3 aligned vocab for [Patient.]gender

Yesterday I was in a discussion with CGIT. Vocab came up (Frank/Ioana) and then there was Ewout on the one side who claimed that vocab in FHIR is harmonized with v2/v3, but then Frank/Ioana brought up the valid point that a number of PA resources at least have severe deviations still: RelatedPerson.gender (Required) Practitioner.gender (Required) Person.gender (Required) FamilyMemberHistory.gender (Required) StructureDefinition FamilyMemberHistory-Genetic: FamilyMemberHistory.gender ((Required)) Patient.gender (Required) Patient.contact.gender (Required) What's keeping us from alignment there? Could we silence that discussion that keeps coming up with the vocab people? It also leads to real world headache in mixed environments where people need to map because of this. Suggest to change the binding to https://hl7-fhir.github.io/v3/AdministrativeGender/vs.html
The WG discussed, this and the fact that this keeps coming up. After some discussion, the group noted that a decision should be made on this once and for all.
A motion was made by Irma to leave the FHIR code with the following values, seconded by Line to disposition this as non-persuasive and retain the following values for this element:

  • male
  • female
  • other
  • unknown

Discussion: None
Vote: 13/1/0

To take advantage of Ewout’s presence, 2 items were discussed. Practitioner/practitioner role usages… were should it be stored. Leaning toward storing it outside of the specification, with references within the spec.
There is an idea of a new resource: Org to Org resource – Affiliation. An alternative is to use the Group resource and include a reference to the Organization resource. Ewout noted that a group is set of things for a particular purpose which does not seem to be the same thing. In addition, the Group seems to be a set that is acted upon as a group.

The quarter ended with the general feeling that this concept may indeed require a new resource and not merely the use of the Group resource. This will be further discussed by the WG.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action Item:

Owner: , Due:

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency San Antonio, Directors Conference Room

Date: 2017-01-17
Time: Tuesday Q2
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 The Netherlands
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Drew Torres Cerner, USA
X Wes Rishel S elf, USA
X Sam Rubenstein Montefiore, USA
X Christian Hay GS1, Switzerland
X Cooper Thompson EPIC, USA
X Simone Heckmann HL7 German
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. FHIR STU3 Account/BillableItem draft prep

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached: The WG started with the Account/BillableItem resources.

The discussion was around whether these would be resources owned by PA or FM. The idea is that the ownership will be FM eventually, but since this is an overlap, it’s valid that PA is working on this.

Simone showed Claim resource. Which contains items, but today there is no way to depict where the items come from.

The WG discussed the name of the resource that would capture the items that may (may not) end up being billed or on a claim. After discussions areound name of BillableItem, ClaimModel, it was decided that the best name would be ChargeItem.
Simone noted that even if we isolate the various charge items, there still should be a sort of envelope to give the items context for usage (e.g. for claims, billable use, etc.).

The WG discussed the various usage of the elements in the ClaimModel shown by Simone. Most notably:

  • patient
  • encounter
  • account
  • requestedService
  • providedService
  • performedBy
  • Item


The WG discussed the encounter which references Encounter or EpisodeOfCare. There was a suggestion to separate these into individual elements. This seemed useful for Denmark and for use cases in the room.

There was a suggestion to collapse the two models for potential resources: ClaimItemModel (charge item) and ClaimModel
After looking at some of the elements of the proposed claim resource, it seems that many of the elements were realm specific, thereby potential for moving into extensions. The WG did also note that some elements were not only realm specific but also specialtly specific. At this point the WG considered whether the Claim.item in the proposed Claim resource can’t cover all, otherwise it will be so complex as to be unusable.
The WG felt comfortable with collapsing the two proposed resources noted above and adding diagnosis and modifier and naming it ChargeItem. Whether this should replace the Claim.item element is something that the WG decided to discuss at a later time. Joint meeting Coverage, Account and this resource BillableItem (now ChargeItem). The WG decided to collapse the two resources and discusw with financial management here at the WGM. After this, workgroup meeting, the discussion will be kicked off in Zulip to determine what elements should be in the core and what elements should be in the standard extensions.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency San Antonio, Directors Conference Room

Date: 2017-01-17
Time: Tuesday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 The Netherlands
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Cooper Thompson EPIC, USA
X Simone Heckmann HL7 Germany
X Andrew Torres Cerner, USA
X Wes Rishel Self, USA
X Sam Rubenstein Montefiore, USA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes/No

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Joint with SOA. SOA hosting.

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached: Joint with SOA. SOA hosting.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency San Antonio, Directors Conference Room

Date: 2017-01-17
Time: Tuesday Q4
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 The Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Cooper Thompson EPIC, USA
X Sam Mater EPIC, USA
X Nick Radov Optum, USA
X Wes Rishel Self, USA
X Sam Rubenstein Montefiore, USA
X Drew Torres Cerner, USA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Approve Last WGM Minutes
  2. Draft next meeting agenda
  3. Updates from Steering Division
  4. Harmonization proposals
  5. v2.9 Ballot Report

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Action: Update attendees for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday All quarters.

Motion to approve the minutes by Brian. Drew seconds Discussion: None Vote: 7/0/1

The WG continued with the draft agenda for May WGM 2017. From the last quarter, we understand that we still will want a joint sesson with SOA but PA will host at that time.

In addition, Alex noted that the status of the V2.9 is that it will go through a second ballot round, but it is unclear which cycle now. Therefore V2 work will be kept on the agenda

Action: Line to request rooms for next meeting.

Action: Discuss with Publishing regarding the “replacement” of the ROL segment with the PRT segment. Action: Discuss addition of IAM segment as an optional segment where AL1 segments exist in the trigger events. This might mean that the WG would have to consider the deprecation process for the AL1 segment.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2007-2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved. Patient Administration – Tuesday, January 17, 2017